sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Npr fly around videos

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    30 Posts 9 Posters 3.2k Views 9 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • bazB
      baz
      last edited by

      Yes, getting the choppiness gone is hard, mostly a matter of more fps I believe.
      Here is a very similar attempt I did a couple of years ago to show off the landscape design. BTW the two house styles couldn't be more different πŸ˜„
      http://youtu.be/sxoo-xkI8ds

      PS: Excuse the music 😳

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pmolsonP
        pmolson
        last edited by

        Thanks.
        Baz, your video seems a bit smoother than mine. I am using 30 fps. What was yours at?

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • pbacotP
          pbacot
          last edited by

          I am jealous. Cool projects and videos!

          MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • KrisidiousK
            Krisidious
            last edited by

            Beautiful house Paul...

            By: Kristoff Rand
            Home DesignerUnique House Plans

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • pmolsonP
              pmolson
              last edited by

              Thanks Kristoff, I should clarify that I am not the designer of these homes, I am just the guy that turns the designs into 3d models.
              The videos purposfully have the designers name and copyright info. I hope it is clear enough because it is not my intent to take credit for others designs...or the blame πŸ˜‰

              p

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • pmolsonP
                pmolson
                last edited by

                pbacot, Thanks...Yeah I feel pretty lucky to play with these big guys.

                Mr.obrien, Thanks for embedding the links...I see you left the code that you used visible. I should probably be able to figure out how to do it with that clue...but...Do I just copy that code and paste it into the thread with my url placed in the "videa url goes here" spot?

                Hey! it worked. I am a genius! πŸ˜†

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • KrisidiousK
                  Krisidious
                  last edited by

                  Well, you brought it to life. and you did a great job.

                  By: Kristoff Rand
                  Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • bazB
                    baz
                    last edited by

                    @pmolson said:

                    Thanks.
                    Baz, your video seems a bit smoother than mine. I am using 30 fps. What was yours at?

                    I wouldn't agree necessarily smoother, but maybe the scene transitions are a bit better.

                    Mine was actually 24fps. Model info settings were: Scene Transitions= 5 sec. Scene Delay = 1 sec.
                    Total of 3500 images into Premiere Elements.

                    This was a quick and dirty to meet a deadline, and I haven't pursued it since, so I am interested in following your progress.

                    Cheers, Baz

                    PS: Great music πŸ‘

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • pmolsonP
                      pmolson
                      last edited by

                      Thanks Baz You may be using a lot more initial sketchup scenes. My settings are very similar to yours, but I only end up with about 1800 - 2000 images. I start out usually with about 12 - 20 scenes.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • DanielD
                        Daniel
                        last edited by

                        They look great, pmolson. The only thing that stuck out to me was in the second video there appeared to be some 2d realistic trees mixed in with the NPR trees. And then all the trees suddenly disappear partway through the video.

                        My avatar is an anachronism.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • pmolsonP
                          pmolson
                          last edited by

                          Hi Daniel, Thanks for the comment.
                          good eye on the 2d trees. I was experimenting with those trees on that model because the client chose to use a little color on that model instead of our usual grey style.

                          I need to find some npr 2d trees.

                          These models get very heavy and become almost unworkable if I use all the 3d trees I would want. Even when I isolate groups of 3d trees & bushes not in a particular view and turn them off, the regen time in each scene can be time consuming. The combination of the wiggly line style I use with shadows and 3d trees & bushes becomes a bit of an animal.

                          I just upgraded my computer and it handles it better, but I still have to be selective about 3d tree & bush use.

                          The reason for the trees disappearing is simply time & money. It was time to be done so we went with a couple glamour shots and then went makeupless...so to speak.

                          p

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • DanielD
                            Daniel
                            last edited by

                            I feel your pain - I've been there before, trying to fill a model with enough entourage without overtaxing the system.
                            Have you looked on 3D Warehouse? Some guy in our office recently did a model with 2D trees he pulled from that site. And have you tried at any styles that include an NPR tree backdrop?

                            My avatar is an anachronism.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • pmolsonP
                              pmolson
                              last edited by

                              Daniel
                              I have tried the back drop idea, but it always feels...wrong I guess. It can work great for still shots though. The style i use was created specifically for this client and they are happy, so I would be wise to not fix what is not broke.

                              I have looked around a bit for npr tres, but I need to try harder. Maybe this very minute!

                              p

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • bazB
                                baz
                                last edited by

                                @pmolson said:

                                I have looked around a bit for npr tres, but I need to try harder. Maybe this very minute!p

                                Have a look at 'TomsDesk" http://www.tomsdesk.moonfruit.com

                                I used them extensively in my example

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • pbacotP
                                  pbacot
                                  last edited by

                                  I was just using Tom's shrubs today! Unfortunately he never came up with the "new" shrub bundle he shows a teaser for. I think he dropped making new products a long time ago. Those rees are heavy on the program if you use too many, but well-made, including layers so you can position without all the leaves turned on. They are good looking in SU output.

                                  MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • bazB
                                    baz
                                    last edited by

                                    @pbacot said:

                                    I was just using Tom's shrubs today! Unfortunately he never came up with the "new" shrub bundle he shows a teaser for. I think he dropped making new products a long time ago. Those rees are heavy on the program if you use too many, but well-made, including layers so you can position without all the leaves turned on. They are good looking in SU output.

                                    Yeah, haven't seen him round the forum for a while either...

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • AdamBA
                                      AdamB
                                      last edited by

                                      @pmolson said:

                                      Thanks Baz You may be using a lot more initial sketchup scenes. My settings are very similar to yours, but I only end up with about 1800 - 2000 images. I start out usually with about 12 - 20 scenes.

                                      Looking at your videos, they look to me to be 10fps - they're certainly not 30fps.
                                      Check your settings not just on exporting from SU but your video codec is set to 30fps also.

                                      Adam

                                      Developer of LightUp Click for website

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • pmolsonP
                                        pmolson
                                        last edited by

                                        Thanks for the Toms desk info.

                                        adam, I will look at the codec...here it is

                                        mp4-h264 1920X1080p 30

                                        frame rate 29.97

                                        I mess with the duration of the images in my video editor to get the movies to be the desired length of time. I wonder if that is where I am stumbling..?

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • AdamBA
                                          AdamB
                                          last edited by

                                          Yep, I'm sure the final h.264 is 30Hz - but if you essentially have each frame repeated 3 times, you've got 10Hz. πŸ˜„
                                          So check carefully each encoding stage in your workflow, to make sure its always 29.97/30Hz.

                                          Developer of LightUp Click for website

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • pmolsonP
                                            pmolson
                                            last edited by

                                            Ok Adam & others, bear with me for a minute as I am somewhat challenged when it comes to this stuff.

                                            If I want a video that plays at 30 fps and I want that video to be 2 minutes long...

                                            120 seconds x 30 frames per second = 3600 images with a duration of .033 each (1 second divided by 30)

                                            so, if that is correct, when I set up sketchup to generate an image set I need it to generate 3600 images along my chosen scene path

                                            Lets say I have 20 scenes and the animation settings are set to 30fps
                                            My scene transition settings are set at 2 seconds (just because that is what it was set at)

                                            I know from past experience that this set up generates 1142 images.

                                            I think the math says that 20/1142=.0175 so if I take that .0175x3600 = 63 scenes to generate 3600 images.

                                            I am way above my pay grade here...am I on the right track? 63 scenes will be a huge time consuming process...

                                            does changing the scene transition time change the image output per scene?

                                            Must let the cpu between my ears rest now. please help if you can.

                                            thanks
                                            p

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement