sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Heavyweight Locomotive Design

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    27 Posts 19 Posters 4.4k Views 19 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A
      arklandesign
      last edited by

      @hellnbak said:

      WOW!

      Took the word right out of my mouth... WOW indeed!! πŸ‘

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pilouP
        pilou
        last edited by

        😎
        Why not an entiere clay render of the Locomotive?

        Frenchy Pilou
        Is beautiful that please without concept!
        My Little site :)

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • L
          Lz
          last edited by

          @unknownuser said:

          :fro:
          Why not an entiere clay render of the Locomotive?

          No reason. I just wanted to do close-ups. And they were faster on my slow laptop.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • KrisidiousK
            Krisidious
            last edited by

            I know it's a heavy model... But I would make those wheels and a few of those curves more detailed. meaning increase the segments of the curves.

            By: Kristoff Rand
            Home DesignerUnique House Plans

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Bob JamesB
              Bob James
              last edited by

              @krisidious said:

              I know it's a heavy model... But I would make those wheels and a few of those curves more detailed. meaning increase the segments of the curves.

              I agree. A model this beautifully outstanding deserves the best. Bravisimo. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

              i7-4930K 3.4Ghz, 2x GTX780 6GB, 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 500GB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro, X-keys XK-60

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • marked001M
                marked001
                last edited by

                very awesome.

                http://www.revision21vis.com

                instagram: revi21on

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Bryan KB
                  Bryan K
                  last edited by

                  @krisidious said:

                  :shock: Wow...

                  What he said. 😲

                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • ken28875K
                    ken28875
                    last edited by

                    Very nice model, Lengyel. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                    Looking forward to seeing more.

                    Best,

                    _KN

                    Follow Your Dreams.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • alvisA
                      alvis
                      last edited by

                      @cotty said:

                      @lz said:

                      I didn't use plugins.

                      Ok, I will delete all my installed plugins πŸ˜‰

                      🀣 ,
                      Patience and Talent Show

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • leonmetalowiecL
                        leonmetalowiec
                        last edited by

                        Very nice model πŸ‘
                        I envy your modeling skills πŸ’š
                        Congratulations

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • ken28875K
                          ken28875
                          last edited by

                          Very nice. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                          Thanks for sharing.

                          Have a good weekend!

                          _KN

                          Follow Your Dreams.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • L
                            Lz
                            last edited by

                            You too Ken! I don't comment much but I always look up on your awesome work! πŸ˜„

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • L
                              Lz
                              last edited by

                              Hey thanks! I also stumbled on another much older model (from last year I think). I considered uploading it on the warehouse at the time but it's much too large (about 40mb). Mostly because I didn't model very efficiently and I didn't care to reduce complex geometry or delete unseen faces. Anyway, here are a couple of renders.


                              http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s613/Lzoli18/PX 48 Steam Locomotive 3D/4_1_zpsed574858.jpg


                              http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s613/Lzoli18/PX 48 Steam Locomotive 3D/1-2_zps17403701.jpg


                              http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s613/Lzoli18/PX 48 Steam Locomotive 3D/2-2_zps58896459.jpg


                              http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s613/Lzoli18/PX 48 Steam Locomotive 3D/3-2_zpse2a16206.jpg


                              http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s613/Lzoli18/PX 48 Steam Locomotive 3D/7_1_zps9f5ed997.jpg


                              http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s613/Lzoli18/PX 48 Steam Locomotive 3D/8_1_zpsdf5d0d2b.jpg


                              http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s613/Lzoli18/PX 48 Steam Locomotive 3D/render_p_zpsa6e4154b.jpg

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • leonmetalowiecL
                                leonmetalowiec
                                last edited by

                                LZ ,are you Poles?

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • david_hD
                                  david_h
                                  last edited by

                                  @unknownuser said:

                                  I didn't use plugins.

                                  you plugged in your computer didn't you? 🀣

                                  πŸ‘

                                  If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • L
                                    Lz
                                    last edited by

                                    @leonmetalowiec said:

                                    LZ ,are you Poles?

                                    No, I'm not Polish. I live Hungary, but apparently I have some polish lineage or something.

                                    btw, the Px48 in the render is a well known polish locomotive. http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Px48

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • A
                                      August
                                      last edited by

                                      When I was a teen I used to follow Model Railroading and was fascinated by articles that were tutorials on building models like this in brass and motorizing them. This work appears to involve many of the same skills and passions, without requiring a lathe or drillpress. I linger with pleasure over the photos. There is beauty here in your remembrance of some beautiful machines.

                                      β€œAn idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.”
                                      [floatr:v1mcbde2]-- Charles Dickens[/floatr:v1mcbde2]

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • L
                                        Lz
                                        last edited by

                                        @august said:

                                        When I was a teen I used to follow Model Railroading and was fascinated by articles that were tutorials on building models like this in brass and motorizing them. This work appears to involve many of the same skills and passions, without requiring a lathe or drillpress. I linger with pleasure over the photos. There is beauty here in your remembrance of some beautiful machines.

                                        Thank you. The truth is I look over lots of paper model builds (mostly because the people building these models painstakingly document their work, making building individual pieces in 3D much easier, along with some factory blueprints). They're also very fun to build. I have many more renders here if you like- http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=81%26amp;t=54436 (one of the images has a faulty valve gear, I know). They're all Eastern European locomotives

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                        Register Login
                                        • 1
                                        • 2
                                        • 1 / 2
                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        Buy SketchPlus
                                        Buy SUbD
                                        Buy WrapR
                                        Buy eBook
                                        Buy Modelur
                                        Buy Vertex Tools
                                        Buy SketchCuisine
                                        Buy FormFonts

                                        Advertisement