sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    ROLEX SKY DWELLER

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    20 Posts 8 Posters 3.5k Views 8 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • pilouP
      pilou
      last edited by

      Very cool! β˜€

      And with a change letter you can try this! πŸ˜‰

      Frenchy Pilou
      Is beautiful that please without concept!
      My Little site :)

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • xayzerX
        xayzer
        last edited by

        @unknownuser said:

        Very cool! β˜€

        And with a change letter you can try this! πŸ˜‰

        Thanks Pilou! That's actually a neat idea for a model.

        Freelance Sketchup modeler, always looking for more work. Twitter: @Xayxer

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • pbacotP
          pbacot
          last edited by

          You're kidding. Modeled in SU! Wow! Glorious renders.

          MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • xayzerX
            xayzer
            last edited by

            @pbacot said:

            You're kidding. Modeled in SU! Wow! Glorious renders.

            Thanks!

            And yes, it's Sketchup all the way. Here's the raw model in Sketchup:

            http://i.imgur.com/zIW39hq.jpg

            http://i.imgur.com/rwOL23U.jpg

            http://i.imgur.com/XmWqCca.jpg

            Freelance Sketchup modeler, always looking for more work. Twitter: @Xayxer

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • tademaT
              tadema
              last edited by

              Great modeling πŸ‘ , would love to see it in a studio setting with reflections.
              John

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • xayzerX
                xayzer
                last edited by

                @tadema said:

                Great modeling πŸ‘ , would love to see it in a studio setting with reflections.
                John

                Thanks!

                Is this close to what you had in mind:

                http://i.imgur.com/EWDqZ05.jpg

                Freelance Sketchup modeler, always looking for more work. Twitter: @Xayxer

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • tademaT
                  tadema
                  last edited by

                  Hello xayzer, personally I prefer the dark background. I was meaning a studio set-up using an HDRi for light and shadows. It would make a great render this model!

                  Could you "lend" me the watch so I can model her πŸ˜†
                  John

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olisheaO
                    olishea
                    last edited by

                    Lovely work! πŸ‘

                    oli

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • cottyC
                      cotty
                      last edited by

                      I wonder when Solo will find this model πŸ˜„

                      my SketchUp gallery

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • olisheaO
                        olishea
                        last edited by

                        @cotty said:

                        I wonder when Solo will find this model πŸ˜„

                        He's animating it as we speak! πŸ˜† πŸ˜„

                        oli

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • tademaT
                          tadema
                          last edited by

                          xayzer that's brilliant thank you, with a great model like this you should expect some nice renders.
                          Wonder if Pete would make this a "render this" challenge.
                          John

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Bryan KB
                            Bryan K
                            last edited by

                            @olishea said:

                            @cotty said:

                            I wonder when Solo will find this model πŸ˜„

                            He's animating it as we speak! πŸ˜† πŸ˜„

                            πŸ˜† πŸ‘

                            Oh yeah.... wow! Great model and render.

                            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • ely862meE
                              ely862me
                              last edited by

                              Classic !


                              Rollin'.jpg

                              Elisei (sketchupper)


                              Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                              Come and See EliseiDesign

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • xayzerX
                                xayzer
                                last edited by

                                @tadema said:

                                Hello xayzer, personally I prefer the dark background. I was meaning a studio set-up using an HDRi for light and shadows. It would make a great render this model!

                                Could you "lend" me the watch so I can model her πŸ˜†
                                John

                                Sure thing, John, the model is attached. Would love to see what someone else would do with it. Be gentle πŸ˜‰


                                Rolex_SkyDweller_2.rar

                                Freelance Sketchup modeler, always looking for more work. Twitter: @Xayxer

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • xayzerX
                                  xayzer
                                  last edited by

                                  @ely862me said:

                                  Classic !

                                  That came out awesome, thanks for sharing ely862me! What rendering software did you use?

                                  BTW, I noticed there was a small flaw with the texturing in the file I originally provided (Near the small E and X letters around the inner bevel). I've updated my post with the fixed model.

                                  Freelance Sketchup modeler, always looking for more work. Twitter: @Xayxer

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • ely862meE
                                    ely862me
                                    last edited by

                                    Keyshot 3
                                    I used an indoor hdri environment .
                                    Shouldn't there be a glass too ?

                                    Elisei (sketchupper)


                                    Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                                    Come and See EliseiDesign

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • xayzerX
                                      xayzer
                                      last edited by

                                      @ely862me said:

                                      Keyshot 3
                                      I used an indoor hdri environment .
                                      Shouldn't there be a glass too ?

                                      Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that a glass doesn't add anything to the render of a wristwatch in most cases and only gets in the way, so I didn't model it.

                                      Freelance Sketchup modeler, always looking for more work. Twitter: @Xayxer

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • tademaT
                                        tadema
                                        last edited by

                                        Nice render Elisei, looks great with the Gold.
                                        Here's my shot...

                                        John


                                        Rolex Cropped.jpg

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • ely862meE
                                          ely862me
                                          last edited by

                                          @tadema said:

                                          Nice render Elisei, looks great with the Gold

                                          Near your render is nothing !! I could have paid some more attention to it , the roman letters are very bad.
                                          I see you added the glass, nice touch ! Great looking render !

                                          Elisei (sketchupper)


                                          Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                                          Come and See EliseiDesign

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                          Register Login
                                          • 1 / 1
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          Buy SketchPlus
                                          Buy SUbD
                                          Buy WrapR
                                          Buy eBook
                                          Buy Modelur
                                          Buy Vertex Tools
                                          Buy SketchCuisine
                                          Buy FormFonts

                                          Advertisement