sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Rolleiflex Automat

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    58 Posts 15 Posters 8.3k Views 15 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • xonptX
      xonpt
      last edited by

      @cotty said:

      @solo said:

      Care to share the model so everyone can play?

      Would be a great one for a new [Render this] topic πŸ‘

      +1

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Bryan KB
        Bryan K
        last edited by

        Thanks Pilou. I thought about the case. Maybe in the future.

        Thanks Marked. Yes, this is just a test render. The set up took me so long and I had to call it a night. As Gareth also pointed on the WIP thread, it really does need a better setting.

        Thanks Solo. Yeah, I've already started thinking about a new set. I may have just the one.

        Thanks Carston. Both you and Solo have a great Idea. I have attached the model.

        No. Wait. The file is too big. 😞 5.45MB

        Suggestions? Zip file?

        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Bryan KB
          Bryan K
          last edited by

          Something more like this? Still tweaking it.


          test render 6.jpg

          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • marked001M
            marked001
            last edited by

            send out a dropbox or yousendit link?

            definitely looks like a good start, but everything is so close up, you're going to have to put as much detail into those foreground surroundings as your camera.. materials, rounded edges, etc..

            http://www.revision21vis.com

            instagram: revi21on

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • xonptX
              xonpt
              last edited by

              yup, he's right....

              rendering such a good and detailed model next to some low poly furniture and plants?

              your great job modeling that iconic camera deserves better...

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • soloS
                solo
                last edited by

                https://www.yousendit.com/info/send-large-files?s=1000683&cid=ppc-1000683&opword=you%20send%20it~34748877451&cvosrc=ppc.google.you%20send%20it&matchtype=e&network=g&mobile=&searchntwk=1&content=&creative=34748877451&keyword=you%20send%20it&adposition=1t1&k_clickid=327f77b0-5f00-1569-ca4e-00001264775f&gclid=CMvp9sTpqroCFdJZ7AodfTMACA

                http://www.solos-art.com

                If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Bryan KB
                  Bryan K
                  last edited by

                  Thanks for the suggestions, but I decided to go with a Zip file.


                  Rollieflex Automat.zip

                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Bryan KB
                    Bryan K
                    last edited by

                    @marked001 said:

                    send out a dropbox or yousendit link?

                    definitely looks like a good start, but everything is so close up, you're going to have to put as much detail into those foreground surroundings as your camera.. materials, rounded edges, etc..

                    Then I've got nothin'. πŸ˜‰

                    I don't have enough work created to form a scene and I'm finding a lot of things in the warehouse are mostly low detail.

                    I've posted a zip file above with the model.

                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • J
                      jpalm32
                      last edited by

                      I'm not worthy to render this great work but I'll try.
                      Thanks for sharing.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • BoxB
                        Box
                        last edited by

                        Rollei's lookin good, I'll give him a go, but I am still learning.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Bryan KB
                          Bryan K
                          last edited by

                          I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's work. I'm very flattered.

                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • soloS
                            solo
                            last edited by

                            A quick go using new Thea 1.3 (beta) GPU + CPU 3 minute render.


                            Rolli auto.jpg

                            http://www.solos-art.com

                            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • xonptX
                              xonpt
                              last edited by

                              i was going to compose a scene as well, but then i saw Solo's render
                              and i just gave up... lol...

                              why bother? he won!

                              anyway, here it is where i quit and just hit "render"

                              Thea4Sketchup BSD, 30 minutes (old Core2Duo...)


                              rolli_bsd.jpg

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • xonptX
                                xonpt
                                last edited by

                                BTW, im still learning how to work with Thea...

                                how do i get a white background in Thea4Sketchup? is it only possible in studio version?

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • marked001M
                                  marked001
                                  last edited by

                                  I didn't want to have to go after Pete!

                                  I was going to put it in a scene, but laziness very quickly took over.. great model, wish I had the patience.

                                  SketchUp 4 Thea... TR2


                                  Rollieflex_Automat.jpg

                                  http://www.revision21vis.com

                                  instagram: revi21on

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • BoxB
                                    Box
                                    last edited by

                                    Pete's render is pretty damn intimidating, so rather than realism I went for artistic symbolism.
                                    The camera as a hard object seeing through the brittle nature of the world around it and capturing the softness within.


                                    Rollei.jpg

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • ely862meE
                                      ely862me
                                      last edited by

                                      @marked001 said:

                                      I didn't want to have to go after Pete!

                                      +1

                                      Great renders guys !

                                      Keyshot (about and hour and a half with medium presets on quad core) .


                                      Rolleiflex.jpg


                                      Rolleiflex postworked.jpg

                                      Elisei (sketchupper)


                                      Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                                      Come and See EliseiDesign

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • soloS
                                        solo
                                        last edited by

                                        @xonpt said:

                                        BTW, im still learning how to work with Thea...

                                        how do i get a white background in Thea4Sketchup? is it only possible in studio version?

                                        Use an IBL (image in environmental slot), which will disable sky, yet keep sun.

                                        Thea4su image.jpg

                                        http://www.solos-art.com

                                        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • soloS
                                          solo
                                          last edited by

                                          This was done in SU using Thea4SU plugin.

                                          6 minutes (Thea 1.3 still to be implemented into plugin)

                                          Rolli auto2.jpg

                                          http://www.solos-art.com

                                          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • xonptX
                                            xonpt
                                            last edited by

                                            thanks for the answer

                                            but if you dont mind my off-topic questioning, i would like to know your opinion

                                            i was thinking about making a switch from Artlantis (hated ATL 5) to either VRay 2.0 or Thea... and i just love Thea, except for 1 thing VRay still wins: speed (although if i switch off Final Gathering i get the same speed with Thea BSD...)

                                            my question: is 1.3 version of Thea (the one you are testing) more geared towards GPU renderig and heavy requirements?

                                            cause i still work with an old 2 core machine with an ATI GPU.......... πŸ˜’

                                            sorry again for the off-topic

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 1 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement