sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Afternoon Coffee

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    24 Posts 12 Posters 2.3k Views 12 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • pbacotP
      pbacot
      last edited by

      Ken is the expert, but I don't know about flat. I like the mood of the afternoon one. It is sort of a very quiet civilized living room, closed-in feeling but set in what looks like a remote natural location. Maybe the lights should cast more in their locations and less ambient and more light and glow from that window.

      I imagine the owner has just returned after hours driving home in her old land rover.

      MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        dtrarch
        last edited by

        Hi Box

        So did Vermeer πŸ‘

        d

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • BoxB
          Box
          last edited by

          Thanks Ken, yes it's a raw render. To be honest I rarely render anything and even when I do it is only for fun, so doing post work doesn't really interest me just yet. For now, seeing what can be produced by a render plugin amazes me enough.

          pbacot I think you nailed the mood I was after, she's just gone to let the dogs back in.....

          dtrarch, funny you should say that, did I say it out loud on here somewhere..... I had Vermeer very much in mind when I did my shadows one.
          http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=54044

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • BoxB
            Box
            last edited by

            A last moody version of this room just for fun.


            Dawn coming.jpg

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • ken28875K
              ken28875
              last edited by

              very nice, loving the mood. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

              _KN

              Follow Your Dreams.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Bryan KB
                Bryan K
                last edited by

                Oh, that last one is really good!

                See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • A
                  Anton_S
                  last edited by

                  Very impressive Box πŸ‘

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olisheaO
                    olishea
                    last edited by

                    great stuff, you are quickly becoming a master!

                    oli

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • BoxB
                      Box
                      last edited by

                      Thanks guys, as a lighting exercise it certainly taught me a lot, some might even say it was an enlightening experience, but I'd never make such a bad joke.

                      I'm a long way from that Oli, I only dabble with it, I still don't know how to use bump maps, IES lights, projectors etc etc etc I'll slowly bumble onto those bits somewhere down the track....

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • BoxB
                        Box
                        last edited by

                        I did say last one but it's a handy setting.....

                        Testing sunrise on my new stained glass.


                        Dawn.jpg

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Bryan KB
                          Bryan K
                          last edited by

                          Ohhhh. There you go. πŸ‘

                          The light streaks across the room really does it.

                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • BoxB
                            Box
                            last edited by

                            Winter has hit here today.


                            Winter Sun.jpg

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • stefanqS
                              stefanq
                              last edited by

                              The bold colours make it look surreal. But I love every pixel in it!
                              Congrats!

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Bryan KB
                                Bryan K
                                last edited by

                                Another excellent render.

                                You say you're somewhat new at this? Yeah. Right. πŸ˜†

                                See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • J
                                  jpalm32
                                  last edited by

                                  Wow. Bet this would look great using Fotosketcher as a painting.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • BoxB
                                    Box
                                    last edited by

                                    Thanks Stefan, nice comment, I'm glad you see it that way rather than over coloured.

                                    Bryan, my first stumbling attempts at rendering were back in april....it's still all unrepeatable guess work to me. In fact this thread should be in WIP not Gallery.

                                    Thanks John, yes it probably would, but for that I think I prefer to have the brush in my hand.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                    Register Login
                                    • 1
                                    • 2
                                    • 2 / 2
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    Buy SketchPlus
                                    Buy SUbD
                                    Buy WrapR
                                    Buy eBook
                                    Buy Modelur
                                    Buy Vertex Tools
                                    Buy SketchCuisine
                                    Buy FormFonts

                                    Advertisement