sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    T-44 tank

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    15 Posts 7 Posters 1.8k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • ken28875K
      ken28875
      last edited by

      Hi Jakub,

      Welcome to Sketchucation. Looks like you are one of our youngest members.

      Your tank is a good model.

      If I may suggest, the texturing needs some work. It is kind of repetitive right now. That would be also more interesting to dirty it up a little bit.

      Looking forward to seeing more.

      Have a great week!

      _KN

      Follow Your Dreams.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • J
        JacobW
        last edited by

        Thank you. Actually I was thinking about using Gimp to dirty it up. What do you think about that? I have never done it before πŸ˜‰ I know that photoshop would be better but it costs a little 😲

        Visit my 3D models blog: http://www.jakubwieczorek3d.blogspot.com

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • ken28875K
          ken28875
          last edited by

          @jacobw said:

          Thank you. Actually I was thinking about using Gimp to dirty it up. What do you think about that? I have never done it before πŸ˜‰ I know that photoshop would be better but it costs a little 😲

          Hi Jakub,

          Gimp is fine and it is free isn't it?

          I did some tutorials on texturing/rendering vehicles modeled with Sketchup. I use Photoshop, but any other programs like Grim should work I think.

          Check them out here:
          http://www.sketchupartists.org/tutorials/sketchup-and-photoshop/art-of-sketchup-texture-workflow/

          Hope this helps.

          Best,

          _KN

          Follow Your Dreams.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • J
            JacobW
            last edited by

            Hi,
            Yes, Gimp is a free program. Thank you for your link. I'm sure it will help πŸ˜‰

            Visit my 3D models blog: http://www.jakubwieczorek3d.blogspot.com

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • L
              Lz
              last edited by

              Nice. Great work on the turret!

              Speaking of rendering in Kerky; In case you're unaware, you can make some very good looking renders in Kerky with Inverse Attenuation. After importing the sketchup .xml file, go to Settings / Scene and look for Attenuation and select "Inverse". After that, render the scene using "Photomap High+AA" and see how the new render looks!

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • J
                JacobW
                last edited by

                Thank you for that advice πŸ˜„
                Making a side shape of the turret was the hardest thing for me πŸ˜‰

                Visit my 3D models blog: http://www.jakubwieczorek3d.blogspot.com

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • hellnbakH
                  hellnbak
                  last edited by

                  Nice work. I'm always happy to see any sort of vehicle here on the forums. Anything with wheels is a rarity here πŸ˜’

                  "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • J
                    JacobW
                    last edited by

                    Thank you Hellnbak. I am plannig to make another tank πŸ˜„

                    Visit my 3D models blog: http://www.jakubwieczorek3d.blogspot.com

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • L
                      Lz
                      last edited by

                      Which tank are you making next? And will you upload this model anywhere?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • J
                        JacobW
                        last edited by

                        Actually I was thinking about a tank destroyer. Maybe SU-100 πŸ˜‰
                        Of course I will post some rendered images here and also an animation on youtube πŸ˜„

                        Visit my 3D models blog: http://www.jakubwieczorek3d.blogspot.com

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • D
                          Danielllo
                          last edited by

                          That is great model, though little more work on texturing should be done. Great work!


                          -Dan Greenavis

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                          Register Login
                          • 1 / 1
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Buy SketchPlus
                          Buy SUbD
                          Buy WrapR
                          Buy eBook
                          Buy Modelur
                          Buy Vertex Tools
                          Buy SketchCuisine
                          Buy FormFonts

                          Advertisement