sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Playing with my "Thing"

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    28 Posts 16 Posters 5.4k Views 16 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • CarlohC
      Carloh
      last edited by

      incredible work! do work in real scale or do you scale it up, as sketchup is having some trouble sometimes with small items?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • hellnbakH
        hellnbak
        last edited by

        Thanks Carloh. Yeah, I normally scale my models way up, makes it much easier to work on.

        "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • urgenU
          urgen
          last edited by

          ....excellent! πŸ‘

          --pupil forever...------

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • ken28875K
            ken28875
            last edited by

            Great models as always, Mr. M. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

            Have a great weekend!

            _KN

            Follow Your Dreams.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • M
              mics_54
              last edited by

              Those are great.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • hellnbakH
                hellnbak
                last edited by

                Thanks guys, I appreciate the positive feedback (the checks are in the mail) πŸ˜‰

                "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • tinanneT
                  tinanne
                  last edited by

                  Great work!

                  @marked001 said:

                  I was almost afraid to click on this with that title πŸ˜„

                  LOL, me too!

                  Executive Director : American Society of Architectural Illustrators
                  AIP 30 Competition opens soon. ASAI.org

                  Architectural Rendering

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • K
                    kwstas
                    last edited by

                    πŸ‘ πŸ‘
                    Dear Hellnbak
                    I am very impressed with your model vw thing, I love it.
                    I'm a big fan of this car and my son and I have two vw things in real life.
                    I also made a vw thing model in 3d, and I have spent many hours doing my model.
                    I would love you to contact me. I am very interested.
                    I can show my 3d model.
                    I was your follower of your project in thesamba forum a few years ago.
                    please write to kwstas in gmail.
                    Kwstas

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • majidM
                      majid
                      last edited by

                      These are really superb! 😲

                      My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Mike AmosM
                        Mike Amos
                        last edited by

                        Steve has an amazing talent, every model is stunning in attention to detail and care in its creation.

                        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • RichardR
                          Richard
                          last edited by

                          You're doing some pretty funky fun stuff mate!

                          BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • hellnbakH
                            hellnbak
                            last edited by

                            @kwstas said:

                            :thumb: πŸ‘
                            Dear Hellnbak
                            I am very impressed with your model vw thing, I love it.
                            I'm a big fan of this car and my son and I have two vw things in real life.
                            I also made a vw thing model in 3d, and I have spent many hours doing my model.
                            I would love you to contact me. I am very interested.
                            I can show my 3d model.
                            please write to kwstas in gmail.
                            Kwstas

                            Kwstas,

                            Thanks.
                            Boy, I hadn't thought about this thread for a while.
                            I don't know from gmail, I sent you a private message.
                            I'm sure everyone here would love to see your Thing model, why not post some pictures here?

                            Steve

                            @majid said:

                            These are really superb! 😲

                            Thanks Majid

                            @mike amos said:

                            Steve has an amazing talent, every model is stunning in attention to detail and care in its creation.

                            Mike, thanks for the kind words, much appreciated

                            @richard said:

                            You're doing some pretty funky fun stuff mate!

                            Yeah, my stuff can be pretty funky sometimes πŸ˜†

                            "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • K
                              kwstas
                              last edited by

                              Hello,
                              I can see you have an amazing talent, I love your work, I specially love this vw thing.
                              Hope someday I can do what you do.
                              I tried to respond your private message, but for some reason Im not allowed to respond or send messages yet.
                              Im uploading images of my sketchup project, its not finished yet, and it was abandoned for a long time, but now I want to start it once again, hope to remember how to do it, feeling old now... πŸ˜‰
                              probably I will need some help and take some lessons.
                              Project is more advanced now than in this pictures, I will upload more images in the future when I work more on it.
                              Sorry for the renders, are horrible.
                              Kwstas
                              Constantino Stamatiades


                              kwstas2--small.jpg


                              kwstas-small.jpg

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • hellnbakH
                                hellnbak
                                last edited by

                                Kwstas,

                                Wow, that's looking good! How much work have you done in Sketchup?

                                I know it's sort of scary to post your work here for the first time, so kudos for taking that first step.

                                You'll find the people here are a fantastic source of information, and are more than willing to provide help and advice whenever you need it. I know that when I started out I wouldn't have made it very far without their willingness to answer my many, many questions.

                                And as far as your "horrible" renders, I see nothing to apologize for. At least you can render. It's something I've never been able to do, gave up on a long time ago. So don't beat yourself up, just keep at it.

                                I hope you will become a regular here on the forums, and am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

                                Well done!

                                Steve

                                "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                Register Login
                                • 1
                                • 2
                                • 2 / 2
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                Buy SketchPlus
                                Buy SUbD
                                Buy WrapR
                                Buy eBook
                                Buy Modelur
                                Buy Vertex Tools
                                Buy SketchCuisine
                                Buy FormFonts

                                Advertisement