sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Playing with my "Thing"

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    28 Posts 16 Posters 5.4k Views 16 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J
      jpalm32
      last edited by

      Looks really good as usual.
      What happened, your garage burn down?
      That blond looks like she she just caught site of you and about to floor it!

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • tademaT
        tadema
        last edited by

        Fantastic ๐Ÿ˜„ the more you look at your models the more you realize how much detail is packed into them! almost everyone models only what is necessary and will be seen, but not you.... your a maniac ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
        John

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • ely862meE
          ely862me
          last edited by

          ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

          ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

          ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

          I know there are some rules about the number of the icons in a post, but this one worth breaking them !(actually they won't let you post more than 15 - I had like 40 )

          There you go, I think I broke it now !
          thumbs.jpg

          Elisei (sketchupper)


          Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
          Come and See EliseiDesign

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • hellnbakH
            hellnbak
            last edited by

            @unknownuser said:

            In France we have this one 4*4 ๐Ÿ˜‰ (little movie on the link)

            http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ViGMBGmkjQA/TIoWqg6yH3I/AAAAAAAABlo/tvwp3oDudag/s1600/1979_Mehari4x4.jpg

            I couldn't understand what was being said, but, wow, that Citroen was quite nimble, especially considering how extremely narrow the tires were!

            Although the Thing was advertised as an off-road vehicle, it's abilities were very limited.

            "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • hellnbakH
              hellnbak
              last edited by

              @unigami said:

              Love it! I'm old enough to remember these "things" - there was one in my town that was painted pink and had the doors removed. GREAT model and I really enjoyed reading the descriptions too!

              Thanks Rick. As near as I can remember, I've never actually seen a real Thing, although I suppose I must have at some point in my life. After doing all the research on this I was actually considering getting one, just for fun, until I found out it's not really a car for up North ๐Ÿ˜ข

              "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • hellnbakH
                hellnbak
                last edited by

                @jpalm32 said:

                That blond looks like she she just caught site of you and about to floor it!

                Yeah, that happens to me a lot ๐Ÿ˜’ maybe if I put some clothes on?

                "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • J
                  jpalm32
                  last edited by

                  Eat your heart out hellnbak!
                  (Pipe along path did the spokes
                  Pretty bad uh?


                  Retro Car3-001.jpg


                  Retro

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • hellnbakH
                    hellnbak
                    last edited by

                    @jpalm32 said:

                    Eat your heart out hellnbak!
                    (Pipe along path did the spokes
                    Pretty bad uh?

                    I want one! Can't wait to put baseball cards in the spokes

                    @ely862me said:

                    :thumb: ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

                    ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

                    ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

                    I know there are some rules about the number of the icons in a post, but this one worth breaking them !(actually they won't let you post more than 15 - I had like 40 )

                    There you go, I think I broke it now !
                    [attachment=2:297d2j55]<!-- ia2 -->thumbs.jpg<!-- ia2 -->[/attachment:297d2j55]

                    I really would have taken an IOU for the extra thumbs, but thanks!

                    @tadema said:

                    the more you look at your models the more you realize how much detail is packed into them! almost everyone models only what is necessary and will be seen, but not you.... your a maniac
                    John

                    Yeah, I do seem to be detail-oriented sometimes. Was planning to really detail this particular model, not sure why. Did do some work in that direction, like the pedal cluster...
                    [attachment=0:297d2j55]<!-- ia0 -->s.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:297d2j55]
                    and the floor pans were coming along nicely...
                    [attachment=1:297d2j55]<!-- ia1 -->12.png<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:297d2j55]
                    Oh well, like I said before, it was fun


                    12.png


                    s.png

                    "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • CarlohC
                      Carloh
                      last edited by

                      incredible work! do work in real scale or do you scale it up, as sketchup is having some trouble sometimes with small items?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • hellnbakH
                        hellnbak
                        last edited by

                        Thanks Carloh. Yeah, I normally scale my models way up, makes it much easier to work on.

                        "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • urgenU
                          urgen
                          last edited by

                          ....excellent! ๐Ÿ‘

                          --pupil forever...------

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • ken28875K
                            ken28875
                            last edited by

                            Great models as always, Mr. M. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

                            Have a great weekend!

                            _KN

                            Follow Your Dreams.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • M
                              mics_54
                              last edited by

                              Those are great.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • hellnbakH
                                hellnbak
                                last edited by

                                Thanks guys, I appreciate the positive feedback (the checks are in the mail) ๐Ÿ˜‰

                                "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • tinanneT
                                  tinanne
                                  last edited by

                                  Great work!

                                  @marked001 said:

                                  I was almost afraid to click on this with that title ๐Ÿ˜„

                                  LOL, me too!

                                  Executive Director : American Society of Architectural Illustrators
                                  AIP 30 Competition opens soon. ASAI.org

                                  Architectural Rendering

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • K
                                    kwstas
                                    last edited by

                                    ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘
                                    Dear Hellnbak
                                    I am very impressed with your model vw thing, I love it.
                                    I'm a big fan of this car and my son and I have two vw things in real life.
                                    I also made a vw thing model in 3d, and I have spent many hours doing my model.
                                    I would love you to contact me. I am very interested.
                                    I can show my 3d model.
                                    I was your follower of your project in thesamba forum a few years ago.
                                    please write to kwstas in gmail.
                                    Kwstas

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • majidM
                                      majid
                                      last edited by

                                      These are really superb! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

                                      My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Mike AmosM
                                        Mike Amos
                                        last edited by

                                        Steve has an amazing talent, every model is stunning in attention to detail and care in its creation.

                                        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • RichardR
                                          Richard
                                          last edited by

                                          You're doing some pretty funky fun stuff mate!

                                          BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • hellnbakH
                                            hellnbak
                                            last edited by

                                            @kwstas said:

                                            :thumb: ๐Ÿ‘
                                            Dear Hellnbak
                                            I am very impressed with your model vw thing, I love it.
                                            I'm a big fan of this car and my son and I have two vw things in real life.
                                            I also made a vw thing model in 3d, and I have spent many hours doing my model.
                                            I would love you to contact me. I am very interested.
                                            I can show my 3d model.
                                            please write to kwstas in gmail.
                                            Kwstas

                                            Kwstas,

                                            Thanks.
                                            Boy, I hadn't thought about this thread for a while.
                                            I don't know from gmail, I sent you a private message.
                                            I'm sure everyone here would love to see your Thing model, why not post some pictures here?

                                            Steve

                                            @majid said:

                                            These are really superb! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

                                            Thanks Majid

                                            @mike amos said:

                                            Steve has an amazing talent, every model is stunning in attention to detail and care in its creation.

                                            Mike, thanks for the kind words, much appreciated

                                            @richard said:

                                            You're doing some pretty funky fun stuff mate!

                                            Yeah, my stuff can be pretty funky sometimes ๐Ÿ˜†

                                            "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement