sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    VR presentation of apartment renovation

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    31 Posts 18 Posters 6.7k Views 18 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • jo-keJ
      jo-ke
      last edited by

      That's great stuff!

      I'm doing similar experiments at the moment.

      Is that one model or did you decorate each room in a seperate file? I always have a problem with huge files.

      http://www.zz7.de

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • PixeroP
        Pixero
        last edited by

        @jo-ke said:

        That's great stuff!

        I'm doing similar experiments at the moment.

        Is that one model or did you decorate each room in a seperate file? I always have a problem with huge files.

        The final Thea render file contained more than ten merged SU files, so several for each room.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • FrederikF
          Frederik
          last edited by

          :applause: (hhmmm - doesn't work...)
          :standing ovation: (hhmmm - still doesn't work...)

          Jan, this is really, really great to see...! ๐Ÿ‘

          @pixero said:

          I also did the panorama GUI programming and linking.

          How did you do this...?

          Cheers
          Kim Frederik

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • oganocaliO
            oganocali
            last edited by

            Real nice; I wish there had been a renderer that had the capability to render a model directly to a panorama(s), rather than taking individual renders and stitching afterwards (pardon my grammar). It would be really neat.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • GaieusG
              Gaieus
              last edited by

              Thea (and Kerkythea and Twilight) can do that - and probably that's how Jan did it. When talking about stitching, he was mentioning the photos he was taking for the "before" shots.

              Gai...

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • oganocaliO
                oganocali
                last edited by

                D'oh!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • jo-keJ
                  jo-ke
                  last edited by

                  I'm rendering my panos directly with twilight.

                  camera tab: type of render: "spherical"

                  http://www.zz7.de

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • iichiversiiI
                    iichiversii
                    last edited by

                    Ok iv being reading up a lot on this stuff lately since you posted this topic, how on earth do I even start to do this sort of thing?

                    Bring on the Rain...

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Bryan KB
                      Bryan K
                      last edited by

                      ๐Ÿ˜ฎ That's... that's a MODEL?

                      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • T
                        tonyc
                        last edited by

                        absolutely masterpiece ๐Ÿ‘

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • R
                          Roger
                          last edited by

                          Clearly you are from Sweden. I recognize the navigation arrows on the house floor. They use the same scheme on the floor of my local IKEA store. ๐Ÿคฃ

                          http://www.azcreative.com

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • PixeroP
                            Pixero
                            last edited by

                            @roger said:

                            Clearly you are from Sweden. I recognize the navigation arrows on the house floor. They use the same scheme on the floor of my local IKEA store. ๐Ÿคฃ

                            Yeah, they're Swedish road signs. ๐Ÿ˜„

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • jo-keJ
                              jo-ke
                              last edited by

                              What Software did you use for the presentation? I like the Floorplan.

                              http://www.zz7.de

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Mike LuceyM
                                Mike Lucey
                                last edited by

                                Jo-ke,

                                Not sure what Pixero used exactly but you might have a look at Garden Gnome's Pano2VR, here, http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr.php

                                The video gives a good overview also their are some good samples on their forums of what others are producing.

                                Mike

                                Support us so we can support you! Upgrade to Premium Membership!

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • PixeroP
                                  Pixero
                                  last edited by

                                  I used Pano2VR.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • cottyC
                                    cotty
                                    last edited by

                                    @oganocali said:

                                    Real nice; I wish there had been a renderer that had the capability to render a model directly to a panorama(s), rather than taking individual renders and stitching afterwards (pardon my grammar). It would be really neat.

                                    Indigo Renderer (>3.6.0) has a new spherical camera type for this, but some exporters need to be updated before everyone can use this...

                                    my SketchUp gallery

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • PixeroP
                                      Pixero
                                      last edited by

                                      I rendered it in Thea with Spherical camera 6000x3000 pixels.
                                      Then in pano2VR it gets converted to six "cube" images.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • novenaN
                                        novena
                                        last edited by

                                        fantastic work Pixero!!! nice workflow...
                                        best
                                        V

                                        http://hdzarkitektur.wordpress.com/

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • jo-keJ
                                          jo-ke
                                          last edited by

                                          Ah, OK thank you!

                                          I will try that.

                                          http://www.zz7.de

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                          Register Login
                                          • 1
                                          • 2
                                          • 1 / 2
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          Buy SketchPlus
                                          Buy SUbD
                                          Buy WrapR
                                          Buy eBook
                                          Buy Modelur
                                          Buy Vertex Tools
                                          Buy SketchCuisine
                                          Buy FormFonts

                                          Advertisement