sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Chatsworth House

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    24 Posts 18 Posters 14.6k Views 18 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • R
      rvdkruk
      last edited by

      Thanks for the tip. Can I ask where I can find the grass texture (with white flowers) you PS-ed in post?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • DanielD
        Daniel
        last edited by

        Ab Fab, John!

        My avatar is an anachronism.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • pbacotP
          pbacot
          last edited by

          This is beautiful, John. Keeping me inspired (through my own enduring slump)!.

          MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • tademaT
            tadema
            last edited by

            Thank you all 😳
            rudkruk, here's the grass image. I've had to downsize it for the forum, if you need the bigger size PM me.
            Peter, we all know that feeling.
            John


            Grass.jpg

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • B
              bestmate
              last edited by

              [b]Hi John, What a great model well done ,but may i ask how big it came out and was it done using plans . Your a credit to the program John
              Regards Phil

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • tademaT
                tadema
                last edited by

                Hello Phil. I used a floor plan and front elevation plus photographs from the internet for reference.
                The model is 12.1 MB, Edges 668912, Faces 293883. Although it was a full 360 degree shell, would have been much smaller had I modeled her for a render scene.
                thanks John

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • andybotA
                  andybot
                  last edited by

                  Amazing!! Thanks for sharing your results with us, very lovely modeling. I agree with the comment about detailing "just enough," you convey the sense of the building very deftly. I'm amused by all the urns on the baluster, seems enough to make a chess set from them. πŸ˜„

                  http://charlottesvillearchitecturalrendering.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Bryan KB
                    Bryan K
                    last edited by

                    How did I miss this? Beautiful work.

                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Mike AmosM
                      Mike Amos
                      last edited by

                      An oldie but truly classic. Nicely done.

                      Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • tademaT
                        tadema
                        last edited by

                        Seems a lifetime ago since I produced these, time flies.

                        John

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • T
                          ToriClough
                          last edited by

                          Hey, I'm currently writing a story set in a stately home modelled after Chatsworth house, and I'd love it if I could load your model in Sketchup viewer to use as drawing reference. Would you be able to send a download link to mekkatechthc@gmail.com?

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                          Register Login
                          • 1
                          • 2
                          • 2 / 2
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Buy SketchPlus
                          Buy SUbD
                          Buy WrapR
                          Buy eBook
                          Buy Modelur
                          Buy Vertex Tools
                          Buy SketchCuisine
                          Buy FormFonts

                          Advertisement