sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Snow at sunset

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    30 Posts 18 Posters 3.3k Views 18 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      davidh
      last edited by

      A revised night shot.I brightened the sky and altered the snow colour so it is more in keeping with the sky colour.I also added additional foreground at the bottom as I think the original image was cropped too close to the building.


      snow FOOTPRINTS.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • leedeeteeL
        leedeetee
        last edited by

        Absolutely beautiful. πŸ‘

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • marked001M
          marked001
          last edited by

          these are really really beautiful.. love the versions with the water and the reflections. would love to see how many different bits and pieces these are made up of.. matte paintings always intrigue me.

          http://www.revision21vis.com

          instagram: revi21on

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • T
            turbobrad
            last edited by

            Beautiful, beautiful stuff. Your work is incredible. Although I'm a huge fan of snow and winterscapes I've never tried a scene with snow in it. I'm not sure if that's fear or a lack of skill. πŸ˜„

            BradE
            Dean3Design

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • leedeeteeL
              leedeetee
              last edited by

              Just looking at "Icy Pond" - I would definitely have that on my wall. πŸ‘

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • C
                cadmunkey
                last edited by

                David, these are easily the best renders I have seen in all the time I have been a member of these forums. Your style and composition of your images are top notch. Just superb!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  davidh
                  last edited by

                  Thanks a lot for all the positive feedback,Its always good to get.
                  Here Ive attached a snow storm version of this house.The colours are particularly muted and a slight blue cast added to the overall image.The falling snow was created using this technique :
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWuGCA84XQk


                  snow storm.jpg

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • marked001M
                    marked001
                    last edited by

                    very nice again.. i've used that snow technique as well.. really simple and effective.

                    http://www.revision21vis.com

                    instagram: revi21on

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • S
                      ScottPara
                      last edited by

                      Fantastic Work!!

                      Scott

                      Love the fact that some HATE my avatar.....

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • FletchF
                        Fletch
                        last edited by

                        First class work, David!

                        Fletch
                        3D Modeling addict. Former owner/developer of Twilight Render. sleepinggiantvisual.com

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • D
                          davidh
                          last edited by

                          Ive overlayed some lights on the last image and just played around with the colours.Its a bit murky but i like the effect of the snow blowing in the lights.


                          overcast snow LIGHTS 01.jpg

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • L
                            leminilab
                            last edited by

                            Alright, I remained silent so far but this is it: I'm very impressed by your very inspiring work (I have a Davidh folder in my inspiration folder...). πŸ‘

                            I think I'm not only speaking for myself when I say a hint at your post-pro techniques would be very much apreciated! 😎

                            Thanks a lot and just keep them coming!
                            Nicolas

                            • "Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right."
                            • "ThomThom rules!!!"
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Rich O BrienR
                              Rich O Brien Moderator
                              last edited by

                              The next CatchUp has a step by step for those already familiar image editors like photoshop. It's pretty incredible. πŸ˜‰

                              Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • L
                                leminilab
                                last edited by

                                πŸŽ‰

                                • "Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right."
                                • "ThomThom rules!!!"
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • R
                                  Roger
                                  last edited by

                                  @davidh said:

                                  A revised night shot.I brightened the sky and altered the snow colour so it is more in keeping with the sky colour.I also added additional foreground at the bottom as I think the original image was cropped too close to the building.

                                  I looked at the first night render and thought "David needs some footprints in the snow." Of course you had already done it. Nice.

                                  http://www.azcreative.com

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • N
                                    nomeradona
                                    last edited by

                                    amazing.. you are becoming the king of post processing.

                                    visit my blog: http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • L
                                      leminilab
                                      last edited by

                                      Every new post on this thread reminds me of this:

                                      @unknownuser said:

                                      The next CatchUp has a step by step for those already familiar image editors like photoshop. It's pretty incredible. πŸ˜‰

                                      πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰

                                      πŸ˜„

                                      • "Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right."
                                      • "ThomThom rules!!!"
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • D
                                        davidh
                                        last edited by

                                        a variation with the same stream as in the third image uploaded in this set on page 1.All that was changed is the water/ice colour has been colour-toned to match the sky.


                                        snow at noon with stream.jpg

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • T
                                          thegreek87
                                          last edited by

                                          Beautiful images, really love the mood πŸ˜„

                                          http://www.nicholasvaisey.co.uk/.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • irwanwrI
                                            irwanwr
                                            last edited by

                                            πŸ‘ lovely

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 1 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement