sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Dojo

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    42 Posts 20 Posters 4.1k Views 20 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Rich O BrienR
      Rich O Brien Moderator
      last edited by

      Why not normals maps? I always thought they were superior.

      Nice tip though. 👍

      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • soloS
        solo
        last edited by

        I usually swop out the grey scale bumps for normals in Thea for close materials, otherwise grey ones work fine (I do set the contrast higher in Thea for grey maps however)

        I use Paintshop X4 and Pixplant2 to create all my normals, spec, displacement and bumps as well as make textures seamless if needed.

        http://www.solos-art.com

        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Z
          Zacchia
          last edited by

          Hi Solo
          Like it a lot!! Maybe also because I practice Karate...
          💚

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • pbacotP
            pbacot
            last edited by

            Sensei!

            MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • allanxA
              allanx
              last edited by

              Nice render Solo, it feels like there's gonna be a showdown of Samurai's...I love the model very clean and organized.

              allanx

              Portfolio

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • L
                lapx
                last edited by

                Yea, solo . Nice work! Fantastic mastery of textures. You need some wrestlers in the scene now;)
                How long have you been using Thea? I thought you used Vray as well?

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • mitcorbM
                  mitcorb
                  last edited by

                  Excellent work, Sensei 👍

                  I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • R
                    Roger
                    last edited by

                    I can hear the click of bamboo shinai on steel face masks. And the smell a lot of sweat.

                    http://www.azcreative.com

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • artysmediaA
                      artysmedia
                      last edited by

                      I'm waiting to the fight between Neo and Morpheus! 💚
                      Great render as ever! 👍

                      Working with: Win7 64 bit OS - Core i5 - 2,27GHz and 8GB RAM

                      Blog: Artysmedia

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • M
                        meak
                        last edited by

                        beautiful atmosphere
                        solo sensei 😄

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • soloS
                          solo
                          last edited by

                          @lapx said:

                          How long have you been using Thea? I thought you used Vray as well?

                          I'd say about two years if not longer, I was involved with the beta from the first beta version.

                          I did, I never owned Vray (think struggling freelancer) but learned from the trial version and was part of beta testing also,then the beta testing changed and one needed a license to continue which I never had so that was the end of my Vray days.

                          http://www.solos-art.com

                          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • michaliszissiouM
                            michaliszissiou
                            last edited by

                            Excellent render-modelling peter!!!
                            Always practical solutions, expected from you. A great lesson.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • daleD
                              dale
                              last edited by

                              masterfully done as per usual, and nice hints for Thea.

                              Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • N
                                nomeradona
                                last edited by

                                very nice athmosphere. nice render and lighting. I wish you put now some samurai characters model in artisan.. keep on playing because when you play we see the best from you.

                                visit my blog: http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • artysmediaA
                                  artysmedia
                                  last edited by

                                  @nomeradona said:

                                  keep on playing because when you play we see the best from you.

                                  This quote is useful for all us! 👍

                                  Working with: Win7 64 bit OS - Core i5 - 2,27GHz and 8GB RAM

                                  Blog: Artysmedia

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • soloS
                                    solo
                                    last edited by

                                    http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8885/backatdojo.jpg

                                    http://www.solos-art.com

                                    If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Rich O BrienR
                                      Rich O Brien Moderator
                                      last edited by

                                      FilterForge?

                                      Nice 👍

                                      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • soloS
                                        solo
                                        last edited by

                                        @unknownuser said:

                                        FilterForge?

                                        Nice 👍

                                        No, Postworkshop

                                        http://postworkshop.net/

                                        http://www.solos-art.com

                                        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Rich O BrienR
                                          Rich O Brien Moderator
                                          last edited by

                                          FotoSketcher on steroids... or Photoshop without the confusion 👍

                                          Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • J
                                            japc
                                            last edited by

                                            Hi Solo!
                                            Very nice renders you have here.
                                            Just have a little doubt about the ground texture in the first picture. I think that, a little less reflection on the wood floor sould improve the ambience.

                                            http://www.arquitecturas-paralelas.pt

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 3 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement