sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Dojo

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    42 Posts 20 Posters 4.1k Views 20 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • soloS
      solo
      last edited by

      @unknownuser said:

      Pete, can you show SU textured image?

      Sure, As you can see I mostly used the bump maps instead of diffuse maps in SU, that way I can map easier, and in Thea I link the diffuse (little trick I use to keep model size down as bumps weight less than diffuse and easier to see for mapping)

      http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9223/dojosu.jpg

      http://www.solos-art.com

      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Rich O BrienR
        Rich O Brien Moderator
        last edited by

        Why not normals maps? I always thought they were superior.

        Nice tip though. πŸ‘

        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • soloS
          solo
          last edited by

          I usually swop out the grey scale bumps for normals in Thea for close materials, otherwise grey ones work fine (I do set the contrast higher in Thea for grey maps however)

          I use Paintshop X4 and Pixplant2 to create all my normals, spec, displacement and bumps as well as make textures seamless if needed.

          http://www.solos-art.com

          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Z
            Zacchia
            last edited by

            Hi Solo
            Like it a lot!! Maybe also because I practice Karate...
            πŸ’š

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • pbacotP
              pbacot
              last edited by

              Sensei!

              MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • allanxA
                allanx
                last edited by

                Nice render Solo, it feels like there's gonna be a showdown of Samurai's...I love the model very clean and organized.

                allanx

                Portfolio

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • L
                  lapx
                  last edited by

                  Yea, solo . Nice work! Fantastic mastery of textures. You need some wrestlers in the scene now;)
                  How long have you been using Thea? I thought you used Vray as well?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • mitcorbM
                    mitcorb
                    last edited by

                    Excellent work, Sensei πŸ‘

                    I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • R
                      Roger
                      last edited by

                      I can hear the click of bamboo shinai on steel face masks. And the smell a lot of sweat.

                      http://www.azcreative.com

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • artysmediaA
                        artysmedia
                        last edited by

                        I'm waiting to the fight between Neo and Morpheus! πŸ’š
                        Great render as ever! πŸ‘

                        Working with: Win7 64 bit OS - Core i5 - 2,27GHz and 8GB RAM

                        Blog: Artysmedia

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • M
                          meak
                          last edited by

                          beautiful atmosphere
                          solo sensei πŸ˜„

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • soloS
                            solo
                            last edited by

                            @lapx said:

                            How long have you been using Thea? I thought you used Vray as well?

                            I'd say about two years if not longer, I was involved with the beta from the first beta version.

                            I did, I never owned Vray (think struggling freelancer) but learned from the trial version and was part of beta testing also,then the beta testing changed and one needed a license to continue which I never had so that was the end of my Vray days.

                            http://www.solos-art.com

                            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • michaliszissiouM
                              michaliszissiou
                              last edited by

                              Excellent render-modelling peter!!!
                              Always practical solutions, expected from you. A great lesson.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • daleD
                                dale
                                last edited by

                                masterfully done as per usual, and nice hints for Thea.

                                Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • N
                                  nomeradona
                                  last edited by

                                  very nice athmosphere. nice render and lighting. I wish you put now some samurai characters model in artisan.. keep on playing because when you play we see the best from you.

                                  visit my blog: http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • artysmediaA
                                    artysmedia
                                    last edited by

                                    @nomeradona said:

                                    keep on playing because when you play we see the best from you.

                                    This quote is useful for all us! πŸ‘

                                    Working with: Win7 64 bit OS - Core i5 - 2,27GHz and 8GB RAM

                                    Blog: Artysmedia

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • soloS
                                      solo
                                      last edited by

                                      http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8885/backatdojo.jpg

                                      http://www.solos-art.com

                                      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Rich O BrienR
                                        Rich O Brien Moderator
                                        last edited by

                                        FilterForge?

                                        Nice πŸ‘

                                        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • soloS
                                          solo
                                          last edited by

                                          @unknownuser said:

                                          FilterForge?

                                          Nice πŸ‘

                                          No, Postworkshop

                                          http://postworkshop.net/

                                          http://www.solos-art.com

                                          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Rich O BrienR
                                            Rich O Brien Moderator
                                            last edited by

                                            FotoSketcher on steroids... or Photoshop without the confusion πŸ‘

                                            Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 2 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement