sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    NPR Style

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    21 Posts 10 Posters 2.0k Views 10 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • soloS
      solo
      last edited by

      πŸ‘

      I like it.

      Sharp crisp lines and soft shadows.

      http://www.solos-art.com

      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Dave RD
        Dave R
        last edited by

        Thanks Pete. I'm liking the soft shadows. They are so easy.

        Etaoin Shrdlu

        %

        (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

        G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

        M30

        %

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • boofredlayB
          boofredlay
          last edited by

          Another winner indeed.

          http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Dave RD
            Dave R
            last edited by

            Thanks Eric.

            Here's a cropped version of it.


            http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5269/5886361746_e41ca8d6f0_z.jpg

            And after running it through FotoSketcher again.


            http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5320/5885794279_4d4e457a7c_z.jpg

            Etaoin Shrdlu

            %

            (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

            G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

            M30

            %

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • daleD
              dale
              last edited by

              Dave, you are the master of styles!

              Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Dave RD
                Dave R
                last edited by

                Thanks Dale. Too bad I'll never get rich off it. πŸ˜„

                Etaoin Shrdlu

                %

                (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                M30

                %

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • RichardR
                  Richard
                  last edited by

                  Dave! I freakin LOVE IT! One of the nicer styles I've seen in a long time!!!!

                  BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Dave RD
                    Dave R
                    last edited by

                    Thank you Richard.

                    So I need to stop eating pepperoni and anchovy pizza with Buffalo wings and cheap beer right before I go to bed. I dreamed up a simple animation to show assembling the first image. I was too lazy this morning to make the layers fly in and lay one on top of the other.

                    [flash=400,318:14bwqt40]http://blip.tv/play/gYhbgsWpPgA[/flash:14bwqt40]

                    You know, it's probably the cheap beer that does it. I ought to drink better stuff. πŸ˜†

                    FWIW, the animation was created in SU and VirtualDub.

                    Sorry about the advertising. I disabled advertising but it is still playing it at least for me.

                    Etaoin Shrdlu

                    %

                    (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                    G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                    M30

                    %

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • DanielD
                      Daniel
                      last edited by

                      Great looking style you've created, Dave.

                      My avatar is an anachronism.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Dave RD
                        Dave R
                        last edited by

                        Thanks.

                        Which is better? Before or after the second run through FotoSketcher?

                        Etaoin Shrdlu

                        %

                        (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                        G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                        M30

                        %

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • S
                          SketchUpNoobie
                          last edited by

                          These are great styles, as always Dave. πŸ˜‰

                          @dave r said:

                          Which is better? Before or after the second run through FotoSketcher?

                          Well, in my opinion, they're two different styles and you might use them for different purposes. However, I love how the first one is sketchy, and yet so clean. πŸ‘

                          --

                          SketchUpNoobie: the complete noob in all things SketchUp.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • boofredlayB
                            boofredlay
                            last edited by

                            I agree they are two different styles but if I had to choose I like the second one better.

                            http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Dave RD
                              Dave R
                              last edited by

                              So we have a consensus. πŸ˜†

                              Thanks guys.

                              Etaoin Shrdlu

                              %

                              (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                              G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                              M30

                              %

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • boofredlayB
                                boofredlay
                                last edited by

                                πŸ˜„
                                I would not mind having both in my tool belt.

                                http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • DanielD
                                  Daniel
                                  last edited by

                                  If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with the first as it is cleaner and simpler.

                                  My avatar is an anachronism.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Bryan KB
                                    Bryan K
                                    last edited by

                                    I remember actually doing ink on canvas and thick paper. This is so true to the original technique it's almost scary!

                                    Looks great!

                                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • B
                                      Ben Ritter
                                      last edited by

                                      Very nice indeed. Kudos.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • RichardR
                                        Richard
                                        last edited by

                                        Vote 1 for 1!

                                        I like the cleanliness of it, I find images that are too dirty to distract from the cause - showing the subject.

                                        BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                        Register Login
                                        • 1
                                        • 2
                                        • 2 / 2
                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        Buy SketchPlus
                                        Buy SUbD
                                        Buy WrapR
                                        Buy eBook
                                        Buy Modelur
                                        Buy Vertex Tools
                                        Buy SketchCuisine
                                        Buy FormFonts

                                        Advertisement