sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    A stroll by the church..

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    22 Posts 14 Posters 2.5k Views 14 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • leedeeteeL
      leedeetee
      last edited by

      Absolutely lovely John. Reminds me of Beverley and the Minster. Looking forward to seeing the tut.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • holmes1977H
        holmes1977
        last edited by

        Great work mate.

        I really like this one. It maybe time to post all your pictures together.
        Would make a wonderful galley.

        Exaggeration makes a dull story better.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • S
          SketchUpNoobie
          last edited by

          @holmes1977 said:

          It maybe time to post all your pictures together.
          Would make a wonderful galley.

          ๐Ÿ‘

          --

          SketchUpNoobie: the complete noob in all things SketchUp.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • soloS
            solo
            last edited by

            John

            I was watching BBC America and PBS and thought you would be able to model a great shop front from 'open all hours' or the house from 'Father Ted'. ๐Ÿ˜„

            http://www.solos-art.com

            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • tademaT
              tadema
              last edited by

              Thank You all.
              Lee, It's not Beverley, I have the picture but never saved the location on the pic, I'ts Yorkshire though ๐Ÿ‘Š .
              Jonathan & John, galleries sound great in practice but imagine the server load if every member had their own!. I'm paying for web hosting space with my Internet package but havn't a clue how to set a page up! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
              Pete, I've looked at the shop in open all hours before, the shops still there so no prob to get dimensions from street-view. Let me finish the model I'm on with and I'll see what I can do.
              regards John

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • T
                tfdesign
                last edited by

                I love Beverley! Apparently Beverley has the best state run school in England in it (not that I'm much of a fan of state run schools any more ๐Ÿ˜† )

                Again, very nice work John.

                My book "Let's SketchUp!" Download from here

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • J
                  john.warburton
                  last edited by

                  John, your texturing skills are outstanding. A masterclass on how you go about texturing would undoubtedly draw lots of interest!

                  Life's a reach, and then you gybe.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • K
                    KarinaGM
                    last edited by

                    Ohhh those textures!!! they are better in each image you post
                    And I love them ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰

                    **"Aquel que sacrifica un poco de libertad por seguridad, no se merece ninguna y terminarรก perdiendo ambas"

                    -Benjamรญn Franklin.**

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • C
                      Crankston Shnord
                      last edited by

                      Nice Job ๐Ÿ˜„

                      Crankston Shnord
                      Sketchup Modeler,
                      Blender Designer,
                      Renderer
                      My Models

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • holmes1977H
                        holmes1977
                        last edited by

                        @tadema said:

                        Jonathan & John, galleries sound great in practice but imagine the server load if every member had their own!. I'm paying for web hosting space with my Internet package but havn't a clue how to set a page up!

                        I meant posting all your pictures in one thread one this site. So we can all see them as a collective. Just an idea.
                        Just one crit. Not sure what renderer you are using. But have you thought about using a bulge / bumpmap for your glass material. To give that old warped reflection glass look.
                        Look forward to your next post.

                        Exaggeration makes a dull story better.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • tademaT
                          tadema
                          last edited by

                          Tom, I've never visited Beverley, I love the stone buildings in the rural parts of Yorkshire.
                          John. I don't know about a masterclass! All I can say is I PS textures before applying to a model and make lots of quick, small renders. It's a pain in the a**e to change things in PS afterwrds.
                          Karina & Crankston, Thank you both.
                          Jonathan, I'm using V-ray but I only learning to use it, a lot of the settings are far above my head. A glass bump map, I've never heard of but I'd be interested to learn more about it.
                          Kind regards John

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • holmes1977H
                            holmes1977
                            last edited by

                            @tadema said:

                            Jonathan, I'm using V-ray but I only learning to use it, a lot of the settings are far above my head. A glass bump map, I've never heard of but I'd be interested to learn more about it.
                            Kind regards John

                            This might help http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=18096&start=30#p149199

                            Exaggeration makes a dull story better.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • EscapeArtistE
                              EscapeArtist
                              last edited by

                              @john.warburton said:

                              John, your texturing skills are outstanding. A masterclass on how you go about texturing would undoubtedly draw lots of interest!

                              +1 ๐Ÿ‘

                              Texturing is singularly the area I have most difficulty with.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Chris FullmerC
                                Chris Fullmer
                                last edited by

                                Ahh, I mis-read it. I thought there was a troll by the church...

                                Church troll.jpg

                                Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
                                All my Plugins I've written

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • leedeeteeL
                                  leedeetee
                                  last edited by

                                  @chris fullmer said:

                                  Ahh, I mis-read it. I thought there was a troll by the church...

                                  ๐Ÿคฃ

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • tademaT
                                    tadema
                                    last edited by

                                    Chris, that troll at the rear of the church looks like the mother-in-law....bloody hell it is!!
                                    John

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                    Register Login
                                    • 1
                                    • 2
                                    • 1 / 2
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    Buy SketchPlus
                                    Buy SUbD
                                    Buy WrapR
                                    Buy eBook
                                    Buy Modelur
                                    Buy Vertex Tools
                                    Buy SketchCuisine
                                    Buy FormFonts

                                    Advertisement