sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Most impressive SketchUp modelling

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    266 Posts 93 Posters 409.9k Views 93 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • thomthomT
      thomthom
      last edited by

      An inspiring thread!

      Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • MarianM
        Marian
        last edited by

        @cosedimarco said:

        Thanks Marian for reporting my sites:

        Haven't seen this thread in a while. You're welcome Marco.

        @psstein said:

        Too bad he's using the wrong arms.

        That is the version used in the Macross:Do you remember love? movie from 1984. The movie is considered canon as a movie inside the original Macross universe...so yeah it's not acurate with the TV series but it is an actual version used in Macross. It is probably more popular because it's a more detailed version than the one in the series. The movie is renowned for it's high quality animation and detailing.

        http://marian87.deviantart.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • A
          Andrija Posarić
          last edited by

          Pretty old project, 2007 or something like that 😉


          http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3975/wellneshotelinovi.jpg

          Uploaded with ImageShack.us

          Cheers, Andrija

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • L
            liam887
            last edited by

            @andrija posarić said:

            Pretty old project, 2007 or something like that 😉


            http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3975/wellneshotelinovi.jpg

            Uploaded with ImageShack.us

            I love this, I think the sheets blowing in the wind really take it to the next level!

            VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
            http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • david_hD
              david_h
              last edited by

              @unknownuser said:

              . . . a guy wrote: "I'm tired of using Google sketchup pro 8 cause that can't make anything good."

              He's right. .. ain't nuthin' good here! 😒

              💚

              If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • monsterzeroM
                monsterzero
                last edited by

                Wow. Fricken, amazing stuff in this thread. I LOVE IT!

                My humble thanks to, "brokenkeys" for the mention!

                monsterzero
                I live stream my work on my graphic novel:
                https://www.youtube.com/@monsterz3r0

                http://infinitemachine.tv/
                https://www.aaatitle.xyz/

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • A
                  aadb
                  last edited by

                  i thought why not post a picture of one of my works that i made some time ago.

                  http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/Aad_012/604_20110610_kapconstructie_bestaand2011-07-1411530700000.jpg

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • G
                    gr8fzy1
                    last edited by

                    I'll post a few of mine. Although they are nothing SPECTACULAR, they are the best I'VE ever made, and I'm hoping my skills will keep improving.

                    The first is what started off as just a single Pergola segment with a couple benches. But then I added curved corners and a flat roof in the middle and before you knew it I had turned it into a Gazebo as well. A Perzebo maybe?

                    http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7407/gardenpergolawithbenche.jpg

                    Then on a whim I took away the central roof and attached all the pergola beams together to make a vine trellised peak in the middle. And added plants to the flower boxes.

                    http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7407/gardenpergolawithbenche.jpg

                    The second is is a Gazebo I made to practice structure building. Then I added a swing to it.

                    http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/483/gazebowithswing20110609.jpg

                    http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/391/gazebowithperson2011060.jpg

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • numbthumbN
                      numbthumb
                      last edited by

                      Hellnbak´s roadster undoubtedly belongs here:

                      5.jpg
                      2.jpg

                      Comfortably numb...

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • hellnbakH
                        hellnbak
                        last edited by

                        Hey, thanks Numbthumb, I feel honored to be included in this fantastic collection!
                        I'm in the process of making some improvements/changes to the car (opening the doors, etc.), getting it ready for the Warehouse. Will post some pics in my WIP thread soon.

                        "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • MarianM
                          Marian
                          last edited by

                          From Kangal on smcars.net a car made almost entirely with soap skin and bubble. It's completely crazy.
                          http://www.smcars.net/forums/wip-critique-3d-stills/36951-project-exotic-road-version-sport-car-code-name-1a.html


                          lucifer 3.jpg


                          lucifer.jpg


                          capture_21092011_224119.jpg


                          capture_24092011_222637.jpg


                          capture_24092011_222823.jpg


                          capture_25092011_121411.jpg

                          http://marian87.deviantart.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • peterboodtsP
                            peterboodts
                            last edited by

                            compressor (rendered in ArtLantis4)
                            I recently started to use Sketchup over VectorWorks for 3D models and slowly am getting the hang of it.
                            Due to the aid of the sketchup community and the discovery of some file plugin's.
                            As a designer I would like the plugin's to be a bit more consistent what the GUI (graphic user interface) concernce.
                            But anyway they work and that's also important.

                            Here is an example of my latest work

                            Peter

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • pbacotP
                              pbacot
                              last edited by

                              @liam887 said:

                              Yeah this is a great idea im fed up of people saying how awful sketchup is and not worthy to compete with the other software such as 3ds and maya I have this argument constantly on scifimeshes.com.

                              I think Im going to make a page on my blog for the best of the best sketchup models feel free to link people to that page as it will be just images thet everybody can view!

                              And of course ill credit each image with the creator etc

                              http://liam887.wordpress.com/google-sketchup-hall-of-fame/

                              And by the way silvershadows boat is Snowberry not blueberry haha

                              I just came upon Liam's note way at the beginning of this thread so I thought I'd bump it because many people have probably missed his link-- worth a look.

                              Thanks, Liam!

                              Peter

                              MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • artysmediaA
                                artysmedia
                                last edited by

                                @liam887 said:

                                I shall post some work to go with that!

                                You have a very impresive list of models here, liam 😄

                                Working with: Win7 64 bit OS - Core i5 - 2,27GHz and 8GB RAM

                                Blog: Artysmedia

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • M
                                  Mitchieboy
                                  last edited by

                                  whats your opinion on this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6riVwzaio4

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • jgbJ
                                    jgb
                                    last edited by

                                    @mitchieboy said:

                                    whats your opinion on this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6riVwzaio4

                                    Very well done. 👍 👍 👍 👍

                                    My only criticism is considering the high quality of the work in general, I would have used a much higher segment count for the wheels and fenders, to smooth out those curves. It looks like the default 24.
                                    I would have used at least 48 or even 60+ just for those large circles.


                                    jgb

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • M
                                      MakerCat
                                      last edited by

                                      AUGH! You guys are so good! It's not fair! X3

                                      "If music be the food of love, play on. . ."

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • urgenU
                                        urgen
                                        last edited by

                                        ...I think it should be here... 😎
                                        http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=40998

                                        http://forums.sketchucation.com/download/file.php?id=77459&t=1

                                        http://forums.sketchucation.com/download/file.php?id=77657&t=1

                                        --pupil forever...------

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • hellnbakH
                                          hellnbak
                                          last edited by

                                          Here are a few more photos of JMJ-Ohio's amazing work.

                                          4a.jpg

                                          7aa.jpg

                                          8a.jpg

                                          1a 1.jpg

                                          9a 1.jpg

                                          12a.jpg

                                          13a.jpg

                                          27aa.jpg

                                          40aa.jpg

                                          38a.jpg

                                          FORD 427 SOHC 11-06-2 a.jpg

                                          Below are a few shots of the '32 Ford Highboy he is building to house his fantastic engine. It's still a work in progress.

                                          32 Ford Highboy 11-10_1 a.jpg

                                          32 Ford Highboy 11-10_2 a.jpg

                                          32 Ford Highboy 11-10_3 a.jpg

                                          "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • jgbJ
                                            jgb
                                            last edited by

                                            If you put your ear to the screen, you can actually hear it running


                                            jgb

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 13
                                            • 14
                                            • 1 / 14
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement