sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Model This: Sofas

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    57 Posts 23 Posters 15.9k Views 23 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • soloS
      solo
      last edited by

      I'll post a quick tutorial tomorrow on the sculpting tool, I just upgraded both my router and TV today so my wireless network is currently down.

      Anyone seen the image on the new LED tv's? OMG!!!

      http://www.solos-art.com

      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • RichardR
        Richard
        last edited by

        Wow! I've never seen the diva sofa set and I REALLY like it a lot!!

        Nice modeling guys, you have done them great justice!

        BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • soloS
          solo
          last edited by

          Here is a quick peak of how I did the indentations using SDS2 sculpting.

          http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1129899/sculpt.gif

          http://www.solos-art.com

          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • boofredlayB
            boofredlay
            last edited by

            Can I say that is badass, as badass as it looked at Basecamp?
            Oh, I just did say it was badass. 😎

            http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • soloS
              solo
              last edited by

              It's sick! (using my kids vocab)

              This (soon to be released) plugin opens a whole now dimention to modeling in SU, nothing is impossible...okay except for SU's poly limits that is.


              erics chair.png

              http://www.solos-art.com

              If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • N
                notareal
                last edited by

                @solo said:

                It's sick! (using my kids vocab)

                This (soon to be released) plugin opens a whole now dimention to modeling in SU, nothing is impossible...okay except for SU's poly limits that is.

                Model looks good.

                Hopefully we got SDS2 before x-mas? Not that I am happy with SDS v1, but v2 workflow looks really good - cannot wait.

                Welcome to try Thea Render, Thea support | kerkythea.net -team member

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • soloS
                  solo
                  last edited by

                  I have no idea regarding the release date, there is still much to refine and stuff to add at this point, but can say so far the features I have tested are awesome and very robust (not a splat yet). πŸ‘

                  http://www.solos-art.com

                  If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • boofredlayB
                    boofredlay
                    last edited by

                    @solo said:

                    ...and very robust (not a splat yet). πŸ‘

                    Except for the one in your chair when you shit yourself at how badass this plugin is πŸ˜†

                    http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • J
                      jchau2007
                      last edited by

                      WOW that's impressive to see the SDS tool comes alive. I love how Pete (Solo) use the SDS to model his version. I've learned so much about SDS just with this exercise. great job guys.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • S
                        Scostumatu
                        last edited by

                        WHOA this is unbelievable!!!!

                        Any tutorials on this guys? So is that just 1 plug in that does all this??

                        LOVE IT!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • brodieB
                          brodie
                          last edited by

                          When do you run the lines2cylinder ruby? Do you have to do this after SDS by selecting a path of really short lines? And what is lines2cylinder? is that the same thing as Pipe Along Path?

                          -Brodie

                          steelblue http://www.steelbluellc.com

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • soloS
                            solo
                            last edited by

                            Yes, after I subdivided the mesh I made it a group then using TOS (tools on surface) I created the path for piping.

                            http://www.solos-art.com

                            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • shuraS
                              shura
                              last edited by

                              To get the border right I even decided to model in three pieces (kind of like the upholsterer would handle the cloth).
                              This made it really easy to find the contour lines for the "border tubes" (sorry, dunno the right term for these).

                              assembly1.jpgassembly2.jpg

                              Nice to see your old avatar again Pete - very familiar πŸ˜„

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • jo-keJ
                                jo-ke
                                last edited by

                                Very very intertessting thread. I have to practise and to learn my lessons. I'm still not good enouhg in modelling. As soon as I have more time I'm trying to make my modell of this theme...

                                http://www.zz7.de

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • RichardR
                                  Richard
                                  last edited by

                                  @shura said:

                                  "border tubes" (sorry, dunno the right term for these).

                                  Just for your info mate - "piping" - I know sounds more like a plumbing term! πŸ˜•

                                  BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • shuraS
                                    shura
                                    last edited by

                                    Thank you Richard! yes, piping sounds a bit weird... well, I am still very unexperienced with technical terms in english.
                                    (I guess that the textile industry has a mind bending nomenclature in every language πŸ˜† )

                                    for piping I also found:

                                    • cording
                                    • pin-tuck
                                    • piping cord
                                    • tuck
                                    • tucking

                                    πŸŽ‰

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • I
                                      imabzeous
                                      last edited by

                                      Can any one help me, whats thi SDS2

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • GaieusG
                                        Gaieus
                                        last edited by

                                        SDS2 would be Subdivide and Smooth 2 but it has not been released yet.

                                        Gai...

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • jo-keJ
                                          jo-ke
                                          last edited by

                                          What technic do you use to do the piping? I still have problems to do that.

                                          http://www.zz7.de

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • ely862meE
                                            ely862me
                                            last edited by

                                            When subdividing usually the geometry has itself the line for piping detail,u just have to select it,but sometimes u must make the path for the piping with some tools on surface or intersection methods.

                                            Elisei (sketchupper)


                                            Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                                            Come and See EliseiDesign

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 1 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement