sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    How to publish Sketchup job in web pages?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    22 Posts 6 Posters 8.1k Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B
      baden32
      last edited by

      Thanks for your explanation and links. I'll check all this information and come back to you soon.
      Regards,
      BD

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        d12dozr
        last edited by

        @baden32 said:

        Is there no "accept-delay" in 3D warehouse?

        Models uploaded to the 3D Warehouse are available almost immediately (at most 1-2 hours). The "accept-delay" is only for the model to be included in the Google 3D Buildings layer (if you requested that).

        3D Printing with SketchUp Book
        http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • P
          pdonner
          last edited by

          Hi. I don't see any 'link' or 'include' buttons on the details page of my model. Is this scheme still supposed to work?

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • GaieusG
            Gaieus
            last edited by

            They have already removed them from the English language pages (and will remove from the others, too). Try to switch to a different language (top right) and grab the code as long as it is there.

            Gai...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • P
              pdonner
              last edited by

              Thanks. I got the code snippet. What do you think, will this feature work in the future? I mean: Is this something I should share with the other team members or will the iframe functionality soon disappear altogether?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • GaieusG
                Gaieus
                last edited by

                Well, it utilizes the GE Plugin (with a little experience in html and javascript you could build your custom, much "nicer" applications this way) so I doubt it will not work - just won't be available and easily accessible from the model pages.

                I really do not understand why though...

                Gai...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • P
                  pdonner
                  last edited by

                  The iframe was very easy to embed.

                  There are a number of iframe parameters which are more or less self explanatory. Then I should find out if the MID-parameter is generated in 3D Warehouse or if it is the one designated in my SU application?

                  @gaieus said:

                  Well, it utilizes the GE Plugin (with a little experience in html and javascript you could build your custom, much "nicer" applications this way) ...

                  I do agree with your prediction that the GE Plugin shouldn't pass away very quickly. We should apparently also look for the GE Plugin documentation to be able to do the javascript tweaking you are referring to.

                  Thanks anyway for all the details.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • GaieusG
                    Gaieus
                    last edited by

                    The mid parameter is simply the end key ("model ID") of the model URL after the mid= part (see attached).

                    Then comes three different parameters (depending what you want to embed):

                    • &etyp=im for a static IMage,
                    • &etyp=sw for a 3D view (" SWivel") finally
                    • &etyp=ge for an embedded GE Plugin window.
                      Finally the size parameter: &width=400&height=300

                    See some pretty cool GE Plugin Examples here.



                    mid.png

                    Gai...

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • P
                      pdonner
                      last edited by

                      Hi again. Today when I visited Google 3D Warehouse I noticed a new item called 'Share' which triggered a dropdown menu with the missing Link and Embed items plus related code. For the time being they are available on the English page but our localized version of the site has the old style buttons.


                      Updated 3D Warehouse page

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • GaieusG
                        Gaieus
                        last edited by

                        Yes, that's it! πŸ‘

                        I knew they removed the embed item then added to a"share" function - I could just not see that link (as I was looking at the wrong place it seems).

                        Gai...

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • pilouP
                          pilou
                          last edited by

                          Maybe this can interest you πŸ˜‰

                          @unknownuser said:

                          Learn how to create an online, multi-user walkthrough with your 3D model for free.
                          Not only can this be embedded into a website like an online video but you can share the experience in real-time with other users just be emailing them the link to the page.
                          β˜€

                          Frenchy Pilou
                          Is beautiful that please without concept!
                          My Little site :)

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • GaieusG
                            Gaieus
                            last edited by

                            Ah yes, I also have an account there. I only started to play around with it before I left for BasCamp and then till now I have had lots of other stuff.

                            But they have also updated the software also I am into it again!
                            πŸ˜‰

                            Gai...

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • D
                              duncjmax
                              last edited by

                              Hello to follow on from the questions, when the model is embeded in a webpage as a 3d model is it possible to install some code that would allow you click on a certain part ie a electric motor and this would link you to a new model on a seperate screen?

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                              Register Login
                              • 1
                              • 2
                              • 2 / 2
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              Buy SketchPlus
                              Buy SUbD
                              Buy WrapR
                              Buy eBook
                              Buy Modelur
                              Buy Vertex Tools
                              Buy SketchCuisine
                              Buy FormFonts

                              Advertisement