sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SketchUp 7.1?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    151 Posts 68 Posters 57.1k Views 68 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J
      JuanV.Soler
      last edited by

      DIVAS, nó Chris
      DAVIDS 💚

      ,))),

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • A
        agrazdi
        last edited by

        Dimension problem

        404 Not Found

        favicon

        (forums.sketchucation.com)

        Hope it can be fixed soon

        Thanks

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • X
          xrok1
          last edited by

          so how long has it been since the release of 7.0 ❓ now 7.1 is released just to get things (not quite) to where 7.0 should have been and everyone seems ready to bow to the google gods 🤣

          I think not! there are many scripters here that single handedly double the value of SU, FOR FREE. i bow only to them. THANKYOU scripters, without you i would break my SU CD into 50 pieces and flush it down the toilet. until SU developers put every function that the scripters have added, into the core program, they will get NO respect from me. 😉

          juggling toolbars... rediculous... shameful. 😡

          “There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.”

          http://www.Twilightrender.com try it!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • J
            john.warburton
            last edited by

            @sepo said:

            You can download dxf/dwg plugin from the Google site.

            I know, but this won't be available for the "next major upgrade", so keeping a copy of v6 for then may be wise.

            Life's a reach, and then you gybe.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • honoluludesktopH
              honoluludesktop
              last edited by

              Well, Reset workspace, did nothing for me.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • GaieusG
                Gaieus
                last edited by

                @john.warburton said:

                @sepo said:

                You can download dxf/dwg plugin from the Google site.

                I know, but this won't be available for the "next major upgrade", so keeping a copy of v6 for then may be wise.

                Or the current release with this plugin.

                @honoluludesktop said:

                Well, Reset workspace, did nothing for me.

                Reset workspace (unfortunately) won't do anything with screwed up toolbars - it's only for "lost dialogs" that went off-screen for any reason.

                Gai...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • S
                  sepo
                  last edited by

                  @gaieus said:

                  @john.warburton said:

                  @sepo said:

                  You can download dxf/dwg plugin from the Google site.

                  I know, but this won't be available for the "next major upgrade", so keeping a copy of v6 for then may be wise.

                  Or the current release with this plugin.

                  My point as well. Why not keep 7.x as it is faster.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • W
                    Wacov
                    last edited by

                    I really noticed the speed increase, especially with textures on. Seems strange they didn't do this before 😕

                    http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cldetails?mid=3096a836877fb9af6cd8ad826e9017b8&prevstart=0

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • R
                      remus
                      last edited by

                      @wacov said:

                      I really noticed the speed increase, especially with textures on. Seems strange they didn't do this before 😕

                      It does take time you know.

                      http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • P
                        publied
                        last edited by

                        Finally Sketchup 7.1. Ok. Anybody knows a roadmap for the release of the 8.0?
                        Ciao
                        /paolo

                        hire me@ http://www.publied.it !

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • R
                          remus
                          last edited by

                          Nope, no news about the release of 8. (i doubt even google know when they're going to release 😎

                          http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • A
                            Aerilius
                            last edited by

                            I think 7 is a lucky number (another big company experienced this recently). I'm just waiting for Google7 😆

                            I think the 7**.1** was because the Sketchup team has spend much time this year for big projects, but not enough "new features" for a major version. The new 3d-pipeline in 3d-warehouse, the new rendering engine and the better collada exporter were big changes under the hood and did not leave time for something else. I could imagine that the next release will be even more overwhelming.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • W
                              Wacov
                              last edited by

                              @remus said:

                              @wacov said:

                              I really noticed the speed increase, especially with textures on. Seems strange they didn't do this before 😕

                              It does take time you know.

                              Yeah, I know... to be honest, I'm surprised, I wasn't expecting a performance boost until SU8; then again, I wasn't expecting 7.1. The Collada import/export is great anyway, for when the warehouse just won't do 😆

                              http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cldetails?mid=3096a836877fb9af6cd8ad826e9017b8&prevstart=0

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • jujuJ
                                juju
                                last edited by

                                Personally I think the speed increase is most welcome, I've downloaded but have to install still. I'm not too fussed with the other improvements, might start using LayOut some more now... Can't wait for a 64-bit version to hit the market though, would REALLY make my day. Anybody know if the shadow bug is still present? Mind you, with the rendering engine re-write this problem might be something of the past in the near future!

                                Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • AnssiA
                                  Anssi
                                  last edited by

                                  @unknownuser said:

                                  Anybody know if the shadow bug is still present?

                                  Disappointingly the shadow bug is still there. AFAIK mending it is more a legal than a technical issue, there is some aggressively maintained patent where the fix ix owned fy someone who does not want to license it.

                                  Anssi

                                  securi adversus homines, securi adversus deos rem difficillimam adsecuti sunt, ut illis ne voto quidem opus esset

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • R
                                    richcat
                                    last edited by

                                    Found this http://sketchup.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=94927
                                    They're actively working on solutions and hope there may be a fix in a future release. 👍

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • R
                                      remus
                                      last edited by

                                      @unknownuser said:

                                      Personally I think the speed increase is most welcome, I've downloaded but have to install still. I'm not too fussed with the other improvements, might start using LayOut some more now... Can't wait for a 64-bit version to hit the market though, would REALLY make my day. Anybody know if the shadow bug is still present? Mind you, with the rendering engine re-write this problem might be something of the past in the near future!

                                      A 64 bit version probably wouldnt be as good as you think, as the only real advantage would be in exporting large models/images/stuff where a lot of memory is needed. Other than that you may even get a slight decrease in speed.

                                      http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • honoluludesktopH
                                        honoluludesktop
                                        last edited by

                                        I wounder how long it will take for an intense SU user to use up the current speed increase ?-)

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • E
                                          Ecuadorian
                                          last edited by

                                          It has halted several times already with only 4,900 trees in the scene.

                                          -Miguel Lescano
                                          Subscribe to my house plans YouTube channel! (30K+ subs)

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Mike LuceyM
                                            Mike Lucey
                                            last edited by

                                            Only 4,900! Damn useless application. I must write a strong letter to Google 😞

                                            Support us so we can support you! Upgrade to Premium Membership!

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 5 / 8
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement