sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SketchUp 7.1?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    151 Posts 68 Posters 57.1k Views 68 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • spenceS
      spence
      last edited by

      I downloaded and gave it a whirl and the speed increase is fantastic. A model I was working with just days ago was jogging when I had all the theatre seats turned on, now that same model with the seat layer turned on is flying very smoothly as if the layer was off. The speed increase alone is worth the upgrade Oh, and the back button on the component browser being there now, wow I cannot tell you how much I hated that being gone

      Spence

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • A
        agrazdi
        last edited by

        Thanks for fixing the component window - the back and forward switch

        agrazdi


        com.jpg

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • honoluludesktopH
          honoluludesktop
          last edited by

          Hi Edson, If you try it, let us know:-) I see that we all have a healthy respect for upgrading. I have a non production system at home that I will later try that function on.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • S
            sketchy
            last edited by

            I am amazed that some people would be so critical of this version. Makes me think that some just like to complain.

            I haven't tried it yet (downloading now) but faster model manipulation, component back button and dimensioning in LO! Are you kidding me, that is fantastic! I am really pleased with this, thanks sooooo much Google team.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Chris FullmerC
              Chris Fullmer
              last edited by

              @sketchy said:

              I am amazed that some people would be so critical of this version. Makes me think that some just like to complain.

              Well, there are a lot of architects here - DIVAS πŸ˜†

              Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
              All my Plugins I've written

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • D
                dtrarch
                last edited by

                Hi All

                SU V 7.1 is faster and loads big models much better.
                Navigation is much improved over v6 pro-V7 free.
                Well worth the price of admission for an upgrade for this alone.

                Shadows and materials are turned off and on when navigation is started and ended which on my system had a transition lag of about 9 seconds.
                CPU peaked out for both cores

                Annoying if one is moving around a lot and crashing for a deadline. 😞
                Of course on can just turn off shadows and textures while developing the scenes or model.

                Question?
                Best choice ?
                Core2 Quad or i5 update to speed up or eliminate the lag time or ??.

                Modest system for check.
                Core2 duo 8500 3.0 Hz
                Win XP Pro SP2
                4G ram
                Gforce 9500 1MB

                Thank you Google et all

                dtr
                Yes Chris
                Architect but a happy one now

                πŸ€“

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • J
                  JuanV.Soler
                  last edited by

                  DIVAS, nΓ³ Chris
                  DAVIDS πŸ’š

                  ,))),

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • A
                    agrazdi
                    last edited by

                    Dimension problem

                    404 Not Found

                    favicon

                    (forums.sketchucation.com)

                    Hope it can be fixed soon

                    Thanks

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • X
                      xrok1
                      last edited by

                      so how long has it been since the release of 7.0 ❓ now 7.1 is released just to get things (not quite) to where 7.0 should have been and everyone seems ready to bow to the google gods 🀣

                      I think not! there are many scripters here that single handedly double the value of SU, FOR FREE. i bow only to them. THANKYOU scripters, without you i would break my SU CD into 50 pieces and flush it down the toilet. until SU developers put every function that the scripters have added, into the core program, they will get NO respect from me. πŸ˜‰

                      juggling toolbars... rediculous... shameful. 😑

                      β€œThere are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.”

                      http://www.Twilightrender.com try it!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • J
                        john.warburton
                        last edited by

                        @sepo said:

                        You can download dxf/dwg plugin from the Google site.

                        I know, but this won't be available for the "next major upgrade", so keeping a copy of v6 for then may be wise.

                        Life's a reach, and then you gybe.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • honoluludesktopH
                          honoluludesktop
                          last edited by

                          Well, Reset workspace, did nothing for me.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • GaieusG
                            Gaieus
                            last edited by

                            @john.warburton said:

                            @sepo said:

                            You can download dxf/dwg plugin from the Google site.

                            I know, but this won't be available for the "next major upgrade", so keeping a copy of v6 for then may be wise.

                            Or the current release with this plugin.

                            @honoluludesktop said:

                            Well, Reset workspace, did nothing for me.

                            Reset workspace (unfortunately) won't do anything with screwed up toolbars - it's only for "lost dialogs" that went off-screen for any reason.

                            Gai...

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • S
                              sepo
                              last edited by

                              @gaieus said:

                              @john.warburton said:

                              @sepo said:

                              You can download dxf/dwg plugin from the Google site.

                              I know, but this won't be available for the "next major upgrade", so keeping a copy of v6 for then may be wise.

                              Or the current release with this plugin.

                              My point as well. Why not keep 7.x as it is faster.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • W
                                Wacov
                                last edited by

                                I really noticed the speed increase, especially with textures on. Seems strange they didn't do this before πŸ˜•

                                http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cldetails?mid=3096a836877fb9af6cd8ad826e9017b8&prevstart=0

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • R
                                  remus
                                  last edited by

                                  @wacov said:

                                  I really noticed the speed increase, especially with textures on. Seems strange they didn't do this before πŸ˜•

                                  It does take time you know.

                                  http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • P
                                    publied
                                    last edited by

                                    Finally Sketchup 7.1. Ok. Anybody knows a roadmap for the release of the 8.0?
                                    Ciao
                                    /paolo

                                    hire me@ http://www.publied.it !

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • R
                                      remus
                                      last edited by

                                      Nope, no news about the release of 8. (i doubt even google know when they're going to release 😎

                                      http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • A
                                        Aerilius
                                        last edited by

                                        I think 7 is a lucky number (another big company experienced this recently). I'm just waiting for Google7 πŸ˜†

                                        I think the 7**.1** was because the Sketchup team has spend much time this year for big projects, but not enough "new features" for a major version. The new 3d-pipeline in 3d-warehouse, the new rendering engine and the better collada exporter were big changes under the hood and did not leave time for something else. I could imagine that the next release will be even more overwhelming.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • W
                                          Wacov
                                          last edited by

                                          @remus said:

                                          @wacov said:

                                          I really noticed the speed increase, especially with textures on. Seems strange they didn't do this before πŸ˜•

                                          It does take time you know.

                                          Yeah, I know... to be honest, I'm surprised, I wasn't expecting a performance boost until SU8; then again, I wasn't expecting 7.1. The Collada import/export is great anyway, for when the warehouse just won't do πŸ˜†

                                          http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cldetails?mid=3096a836877fb9af6cd8ad826e9017b8&prevstart=0

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • jujuJ
                                            juju
                                            last edited by

                                            Personally I think the speed increase is most welcome, I've downloaded but have to install still. I'm not too fussed with the other improvements, might start using LayOut some more now... Can't wait for a 64-bit version to hit the market though, would REALLY make my day. Anybody know if the shadow bug is still present? Mind you, with the rendering engine re-write this problem might be something of the past in the near future!

                                            Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 5 / 8
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement