sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    RAILWAY DRAWING

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    274 Posts 42 Posters 123.8k Views 42 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      dolphus
      last edited by

      Andrija thank you for the kind words very encouraging
      rollin45 as soon as I get the "yard" up and running I will invite you to come ride with me...thanks for your comment

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        dolphus
        last edited by

        Look how grand our Brookville BL20G locomotive has become, all shiny bright out of the wash bay ready to haul a fancy passenger train……….rendered by Marcus alias d12dozr
        thank you Marcus you really did the loco proud

        http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/BL20GHbyDolphusleavingdepot2-PP.jpg

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • D
          d12dozr
          last edited by

          Cheers, Dolf...glad you like it - of course any good render starts with a good model 😄

          3D Printing with SketchUp Book
          http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • D
            dolphus
            last edited by

            Sometimes I feel like inflicting pain on myself then i decide to draw a steam loco (my first love) but the polly count goes out the window before I've even got going

            http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/thur2.png

            http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/PROG.png

            http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/CYLINDER.png

            In my dreams i dream of a mega laptop that can deal with 100mb drawings......

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • D
              dolphus
              last edited by

              Time to get my feet back on the ground for a while.....back to my other love....
              I am re-starting a project that stalled a while back A GE AC4400

              http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/GEAC4400.png

              http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/GEAC44002.png

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • W
                Willby
                last edited by

                Hi, I am new to this site - I found it whilst searching Google images. Having looked through the gallery there are some really impressive models on this site!!

                What I am actually looking for is a close up of a block brake assembly and a close up of a disc brake assembly on a train. It is for an illustration in my PhD thesis, which is all about rail brakes. Does anybody here have such an image that they would be happy for me to use?

                Thanks,

                Will

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  dolphus
                  last edited by

                  Williby try this site http://www.freepatentsonline.com/login.html you have to join but it is free if you are patient with search engines you should get what you want... good luck

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • W
                    Willby
                    last edited by

                    Thanks Dolphus - great idea - I found exactly what I was looking for 😄

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • D
                      dolphus
                      last edited by

                      long time NO POST ???? well i have decided to finish some of my "resting projects" this is a 73 meter long Schnabel load of a 7 meter diameter steel silo section

                      http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/SCHNABEL1.png

                      http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/SCHNABEL2.png

                      http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/SCHNABEL3.png

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • D
                        dolphus
                        last edited by

                        http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/SCHNABEL4.png

                        http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/SNOWPLOW4a.png

                        .......just a mini update.....

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • D
                          dolphus
                          last edited by

                          Hi long time No post.....well I've started railroading again here is a unpainted new Gunderson Multi-Stack iii 4 unit articulated well car.....

                          http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/multiflat-1.png

                          http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/multiflat2.png

                          http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/multiflat3.png

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • D
                            dolphus
                            last edited by

                            NEW PROJECT!!

                            http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/speedster.png

                            Who can hazard a guess?

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • D
                              d12dozr
                              last edited by

                              nice work, Dolf 👍

                              @dolphus said:

                              NEW PROJECT!!
                              Who can hazard a guess?

                              A handcart?

                              3D Printing with SketchUp Book
                              http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Bryan KB
                                Bryan K
                                last edited by

                                Fantastic as always! 👍

                                See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • J
                                  joppermann
                                  last edited by

                                  @dolphus said:

                                  Time to get my feet back on the ground for a while.....back to my other love....
                                  I am re-starting a project that stalled a while back A GE AC4400

                                  http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/GEAC4400.png

                                  http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/GEAC44002.png

                                  Ahaaa...that is how you transfer all that detail. Very smart. I can see that saving an great deal of time. I think I will use that one in the future.

                                  Looking great as always dolphus.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • D
                                    dolphus
                                    last edited by

                                    @joppermann said:

                                    Ahaaa...that is how you transfer all that detail. Very smart. I can see that saving an great deal of time. I think I will use that one in the future.

                                    Glad to have helped....

                                    @unknownuser said:

                                    Fantastic as always!

                                    Thank you......

                                    @d12dozr said:

                                    A handcart?

                                    No ...a hand car has been done already....something different!!!

                                    thanks for the comments chaps

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • CoreMaster110C
                                      CoreMaster110
                                      last edited by

                                      😄 very cool trains and all 😛 👍

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • D
                                        dolphus
                                        last edited by

                                        No accurate guesses yet!.....here are 2 more clues....

                                        http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/speedster2.png

                                        http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq304/dolphus_006/speedster3.png

                                        @coremaster110 said:

                                        very cool trains and all

                                        thanks for the comment

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • I
                                          ihsan.arch06
                                          last edited by

                                          waw............amazing 👍
                                          do you have make for history design railway in the world.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • D
                                            dolphus
                                            last edited by

                                            Thanks for the complement Ahmad ..... but unfortunately I don't understand your query....sorry

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 9
                                            • 10
                                            • 13
                                            • 14
                                            • 8 / 14
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement