sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Can some1 plz render this

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    49 Posts 9 Posters 6.5k Views 9 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • E
      Ecuadorian
      last edited by

      Here you go...
      rubik_statue_SU6_fixed.skp
      I'll try rendering it.
      It's for web, no? Then it doesn't need to be that big. Any specific size?

      -Miguel Lescano
      Subscribe to my house plans YouTube channel! (30K+ subs)

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • E
        Ecuadorian
        last edited by

        Breaking news!

        World-renowned archeologist Gaieus has made a startling discovery in the Chilean desert of Atacama...
        rubik_statue.jpg
        Rendered with Kerkythea.

        -Miguel Lescano
        Subscribe to my house plans YouTube channel! (30K+ subs)

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • K
          Kus
          last edited by

          Wow Thank you everyone!!

          I really like the render from Ecuadorian... Is there any way that you can make it so that the whole "statue" would fit??

          Kus

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • K
            Kus
            last edited by

            It is sooooo cool... it looks like an old pile of cubes in the middle of the desert...

            everything you need to survive in the desert is a lot of Rubik's Cubes 😄

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • E
              Ecuadorian
              last edited by

              Glad you liked it.

              I'm still a newbie in Kerkythea, so I'll post the Kerky file with textures here:
              Rubik_statue_Kerky.zip
              So a more experienced Kerkythea user can improve it. Users of other render engines can also extract the textures I used from the same zip.

              -Miguel Lescano
              Subscribe to my house plans YouTube channel! (30K+ subs)

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • E
                Ecuadorian
                last edited by

                As you can see, I don't have a nice background 😳 ...
                rubik_statue_complete.jpg
                And here's the mask for "Photo-chop" 😆 so you don't have to waste your time with the lasso tool...
                rubik_mask.jpg

                -Miguel Lescano
                Subscribe to my house plans YouTube channel! (30K+ subs)

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • K
                  Kus
                  last edited by

                  Is it possible to make it look like that is in a jungle... Like the Mayan ruins that have vegetation on them??

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • soloS
                    solo
                    last edited by

                    Here is a png.


                    http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7213/rubricstower.png

                    http://www.solos-art.com

                    If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • A
                      AndriyG81
                      last edited by

                      me, me, me....

                      http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8505/cubeh.jpg

                      http://andriyg.com

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • E
                        Ecuadorian
                        last edited by

                        That's awesome, AndryG81! The cube is "the virus" in the Matrix. I was waiting for people with better render abilities to wake up... (I have East Coast time)

                        -Miguel Lescano
                        Subscribe to my house plans YouTube channel! (30K+ subs)

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • R
                          remus
                          last edited by

                          Very nice andy 👍 Yours feels a lot more dramatic than mine.

                          http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • A
                            AndriyG81
                            last edited by

                            thank you guys, you are too kind
                            I think every rendering is interesting in its own way
                            love the rusted lock 😉

                            http://andriyg.com

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • K
                              Kus
                              last edited by

                              No offense but I really like the AndryG81's render best... It has seems to hold some "action". 😎

                              Thanks... By the way... I would like to have a go my self... so what rendering program do you think that I should use and if there are some nice and easy tutorials?

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • R
                                remus
                                last edited by

                                podium would be a good place to start, very easy to get to grips with 👍

                                Website Unavailable

                                favicon

                                (suplugins.com)

                                http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • K
                                  Kus
                                  last edited by

                                  Ok... Thx... I will try to come up with a render tomorrow...

                                  I am in the CET area...

                                  Kus

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • GaieusG
                                    Gaieus
                                    last edited by

                                    @ecuadorian said:

                                    Breaking news!

                                    World-renowned archeologist Gaieus has made a startling discovery in the Chilean desert of Atacama...

                                    Hm... That's a cool render! Did you know BTW that Rubik cube was invented by a Hungarian (called Rubik, as you could suspect). So it turns out that he got it from Chile... Hm... 😮

                                    Gai...

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • soloS
                                      solo
                                      last edited by


                                      http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7950/messingaround.jpg

                                      http://www.solos-art.com

                                      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • ely862meE
                                        ely862me
                                        last edited by

                                        And again ,Mr Pete,u ve done an amazing render there.
                                        I like it a lot!Bravoo! 😉
                                        P.S:Some grass at the bottom of the cubes would be just perfect..

                                        Elisei (sketchupper)


                                        Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                                        Come and See EliseiDesign

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • david_hD
                                          david_h
                                          last edited by

                                          okay. . .I'll Bite. . . .


                                          20090303170344_2m55s.jpg

                                          If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • K
                                            Kus
                                            last edited by

                                            Hi... I tried to render... but it came out worse than in sketchup...

                                            And great work... Thx for spending your time

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 3 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement