sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    There are NO dates for SU 7.

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Feature Requests
    sketchup
    168 Posts 33 Posters 41.1k Views 33 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • O
      otb designworks
      last edited by

      HAhahaha

      Kwistenbeibel, I think I would quite enjoy drinking a few beers with you, as we seem to be cut of the same cloth.

      I could not agree more about the silliness of all this.

      It reminds me of the craziness going on over at the z-brush camp. They took people's money for a mac version and it has now been over a year and the mac port has still not materialized. The version 3 and mac thread complaint thread is by far the biggest thread on the site.

      At least Google gave us version 6; it's hard to complain too hard, I guess, since it was free.

      Still annoying, though, that they haven't even fixed what was wrong in 6, let alone give us a 7. I have a hard time believing that 7, when it shows up, has any chance of living up to our 1 1/2 year compilation of wish lists. I, however, will be the first to eat my hat if I am wrong.

      Cheers, Chuck

      OTB Designworks is on Youtube

      6 core nMP, 32 gig RAM, (2) D700 GPU's, dual monitors

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • GaieusG
        Gaieus
        last edited by

        Kwist,

        I'm not trying to mystify anything here - just telling what I experienced. There was an NDA and that's it. No news were released and no-one can tell what went on in private discussions.

        We cannot dictate what privacy policy Google should follow so I think this discussion here is a bit meaningless (I hope you don't get me wrong; I'm not "targeting" this to you).

        BaseCamp was not about spying out information as at the very beginning it became clear that there wouldn't be "big news".

        And yes, "on the fly" fixes happen - just like there should be something done with the new Mac OS upgrade but these are "fixes" generally, as we/you have been experiencing with the 3 or 4 new releases of SU 6 during the past year and a half already. I guess this is "normal" with most of the softwares out there.

        @Chuck - well, that z-brush thing may have been funny! 😄 (even though people who paid may not find it so funny...)

        Gai...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • syburnS
          syburn
          last edited by

          is SU 7 still being released tomorrow and any news about its features?

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • FrederikF
            Frederik
            last edited by

            @syburn said:

            is SU 7 still being released tomorrow and any news about its features?

            And you've got the "tomorrow" information from where..?? 😕

            Cheers
            Kim Frederik

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • jujuJ
              juju
              last edited by

              ❓ I was thinking the same thing. ❗

              Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • M
                mpowell1234567890
                last edited by

                @unknownuser said:

                :?: I was thinking the same thing. ❗

                Cool, Me too.. Where is it?

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • GaieusG
                  Gaieus
                  last edited by

                  Yes, tomorrow. As always 😉

                  Gai...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • jujuJ
                    juju
                    last edited by

                    I don't want to come across as being mean spirited, but Google have indicated that SU7 is coming but so is Christmas and at least we know when that will be...

                    Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • BurkhardB
                      Burkhard
                      last edited by

                      use the spanish for tomorrow: manana. That means just not today. You can use it everyday 🤣

                      http://www.ia-plus.de

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • J
                        JuanV.Soler
                        last edited by

                        dont fuss with the spaniards Burkhard 😄
                        mañana
                        😞

                        ,))),

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • J
                          JuanV.Soler
                          last edited by

                          today someone has entered
                          see the ipod sell
                          people sells their ipods

                          version 7
                          dates?
                          : 🤣

                          ,))),

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • BurkhardB
                            Burkhard
                            last edited by

                            I know but my keyboard doesn`t. I'm working the last 3 years in Spain, so I fully understand 😉
                            and I learned to love it

                            http://www.ia-plus.de

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • J
                              JuanV.Soler
                              last edited by

                              good for you
                              i am still learning it 😄

                              ,))),

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • J
                                JuanV.Soler
                                last edited by

                                i think it would be useful to be able to manage the information of the drop down menus in the main board.
                                i mean to be able to get up one option , or getting it down.
                                for instance in view:
                                drop down menu
                                be able to pick Animation and drop it up the first one.
                                and so on.

                                ,))),

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • M
                                  mpowell1234567890
                                  last edited by

                                  Cool, when Sketchup comes I plan to create a 2,500 acre maze "4 Square Miles". Hopefully they fixed the clipping bug.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • B
                                    Bruell
                                    last edited by

                                    They will probably, in good old Google style, come out with it, without announcing it before.

                                    BUT THEY BETTER NOT RELEASE IT WITHOUT 64 BIT AND MULTI PROCESSOR SUPPORT! and who knows, Direct X optional might as well be beneficial.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • M
                                      mpowell1234567890
                                      last edited by

                                      Cool, I look forward for Sketchup 7. I may design a 2,500 acre maze with it when it comes out. 😎

                                      @bruell said:

                                      They will probably, in good old Google style, come out with it, without announcing it before.

                                      BUT THEY BETTER NOT RELEASE IT WITHOUT 64 BIT AND MULTI PROCESSOR SUPPORT! and who knows, Direct X optional might as well be beneficial.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • GaieusG
                                        Gaieus
                                        last edited by

                                        John Bacus asked me at 3D BaseCamp whether I can name any 3D modeling software with pulti processor support.
                                        Of course I could not - after all I1m not a 3D software specialist. Can you? (Note that I do know some that support multicore but only at the rendering end, not the modeling process).

                                        Gai...

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • I
                                          ilay7k
                                          last edited by

                                          cinema4d, you can put at render-process, then continue to work in same project-scene or another while rendering. Additionally you can make preview render while rendering of main file(not stop it)

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • B
                                            Buzzer1001
                                            last edited by

                                            When SU was with @Last, there seemed to be a good level of communication with the developers - keeping us informed with developments & release dates etc.

                                            Since it's gone to Google, I feel like a brick wall has gone up - nothing gets in, nothing comes out. Has anybody heard anything? Are they still working on SU, or is it just sitting there?

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 8
                                            • 9
                                            • 2 / 9
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement