sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Green Toaster's Car Sketches

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    745 Posts 45 Posters 285.6k Views 45 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • G
      GreenToaster
      last edited by

      Sorry for the low quality & slow speed - I was trying something new . . . happy Sketching . . . πŸ˜„ . . .

      [flash=448,361:28xvhcw9]http://s103.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid103.photobucket.com/albums/m157/ShermanPeabody/SU/bw_car_008821_A_01.flv[/flash:28xvhcw9]

      If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • G
        GreenToaster
        last edited by

        I'm not sure what this is supposed to be - I started thinking about a 3 wheeler and then it sort of morphed into this "thing" . . . there's always a next one . . . hit and miss is part of life - keep going . . .

        Happy Sketching,

        Brad
        πŸ˜„


        bw_car_08822_A_01.jpg

        If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • ely862meE
          ely862me
          last edited by

          make the front end rounded and a bit longer
          it s gonna look great

          elisei

          Elisei (sketchupper)


          Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
          Come and See EliseiDesign

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • G
            GreenToaster
            last edited by

            Thanks - I had a "decent" front end on the last one, but then I began messing around w/FFD (which I hardly ever use anymore, but it's a fantastic tool).

            Here's something else - if you look at the number of triangles you can get an idea how quick this concept sketch is . . . three or four minutes?


            bw_car_08824_A_01.jpg

            If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • G
              GreenToaster
              last edited by

              Do vegetarians sit on leather seats?


              bw_car_rename_036_A_01.jpg


              bw_car_rename_036_A_02.jpg


              bw_car_rename_036_A_03.jpg

              If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • G
                GreenToaster
                last edited by

                . . . here's another quick idea . . . something a little different . . . oops, I need to smooth out the rear window of the cabin . . .

                Happy Sketching,

                Brad
                πŸ˜„


                bw_car_rename_037_A_01.jpg


                bw_car_rename_037_A_02.jpg

                If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • RayOchoaR
                  RayOchoa
                  last edited by

                  @greentoaster said:

                  . . . here's another quick idea . . . something a little different . . . oops, I need to smooth out the rear window of the cabin . . .

                  Happy Sketching,

                  Brad
                  πŸ˜„

                  I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE a nice original concept (although from the top it looks kinda like a uh um well...... you should know. 🀣 ) wut were you doing when you did it? lol

                  CaR DeSiGnS bY mE
                  http://ray-ochoa.com

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • ely862meE
                    ely862me
                    last edited by

                    Mr Green pls finish this one.
                    One advice:apply on it the sub an smooth.
                    Is looking really nice.

                    Elisei (sketchupper)


                    Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                    Come and See EliseiDesign

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • G
                      GreenToaster
                      last edited by

                      @unknownuser said:

                      One advice:apply on it the sub an smooth.
                      Do you mean select all the surfs in the groups and then use "Soften/Smooth Edges"?


                      bw_car_rename_037_A_03.jpg

                      If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • ely862meE
                        ely862me
                        last edited by

                        i mean waat s plugin

                        Elisei (sketchupper)


                        Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                        Come and See EliseiDesign

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • G
                          GreenToaster
                          last edited by

                          @unknownuser said:

                          Mr Green pls finish this one.
                          I'll see what I can do, k?


                          bw_car_rename_037_B_01.jpg


                          bw_car_rename_037_B_02.jpg


                          bw_car_rename_037_B_03.jpg

                          If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • G
                            GreenToaster
                            last edited by

                            @unknownuser said:

                            i mean waat s plugin

                            I've never used it - I'll try to find it and check it out - thanks for the suggestion.

                            If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • G
                              GreenToaster
                              last edited by

                              Found the script you recommended (finally) - got it (finally) - can't rip the gigantic smile off me face as I use it . . . 😍

                              THANKS for the suggestion!!!

                              If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • G
                                GreenToaster
                                last edited by

                                . . . wow . . . this is amazing . . . I love it . . . why didn't someone tell me about this earlier . . . (ha) . . . now I am beginning to figure out (finally) how people get those silky smooth models - it's cheating . . . but I still love it!

                                😍


                                bw_sub&smooth_001.jpg


                                bw_sub&smooth_002.jpg


                                bw_sub&smooth_003.jpg

                                If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • plot-parisP
                                  plot-paris
                                  last edited by

                                  GreenToaster, I think you should start a new thread now called "My Cars have a completely new Look!"
                                  (this thread has enough pages after all πŸ˜‰ )

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • ely862meE
                                    ely862me
                                    last edited by

                                    well for ur cars i think this plugin is great but i m using it just for few parts only once i applied it on the entire car.
                                    I don t like it because is messing the corner instead making them more soften.
                                    I preffer making them in normal way.

                                    Elisei (sketchupper)


                                    Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                                    Come and See EliseiDesign

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • G
                                      GreenToaster
                                      last edited by

                                      @unknownuser said:

                                      I preffer making them in normal way.
                                      Could we agree each method has advantages? Hope so.

                                      @unknownuser said:

                                      I think you should start a new thread now called "My Cars have a completely new Look!"
                                      Consider it "done" - thanks for the suggestion. Interesting you made this observation b/c I took the time to look through each post of this thread last weekend - I think it's time to move on to something new, something fresh, something that represents perhaps a new level.

                                      Thanks for the suggestions - happy Sketching,

                                      GT
                                      (aka Brad on a plethora of universes)
                                      πŸ˜„

                                      If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • G
                                        GreenToaster
                                        last edited by

                                        . . . but, before the "new" thread, I'd like to share a little a few more things I've been playing around with . . . like dis . . .


                                        schweet_001.jpg


                                        bw_sub&smooth_004.jpg

                                        If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • G
                                          GreenToaster
                                          last edited by

                                          . . . another car . . .


                                          bw_car_rename_041_A_01.jpg


                                          bw_car_rename_041_A_02.jpg


                                          bw_car_rename_041_A_03.jpg

                                          If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Roguer1R
                                            Roguer1
                                            last edited by

                                            I think it looks great, I especially like the front air dam. I've just started posting, I've added my first post of my latest WIP...

                                            Find all my models on the 3D Warehouse

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 21
                                            • 22
                                            • 23
                                            • 24
                                            • 25
                                            • 37
                                            • 38
                                            • 23 / 38
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement