sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Nun's Island Gas Station

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    25 Posts 10 Posters 2.6k Views 10 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • cheddaC
      chedda
      last edited by

      This is my latest project it's the Nun's Island gas station by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. I have donated the model to my colleagues Facebook competition. Hopefully it will be a fun competition and a chance to showcase your vehicle collections. You can find it here in sketchup .3ds and obj:

      Facebook

      favicon

      (www.facebook.com)

      I want to see some sketchucation representation πŸ˜‰


      Nun 1.jpg


      Nun 2.jpg


      Nun 3.jpg


      Nun 4.jpg


      Nun 5.jpg

      Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • M
        mimarhamza
        last edited by

        Perfect modeling render and post-pro combination like the night mood

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • cheddaC
          chedda
          last edited by

          Thanks mimarhamza these have no post production they are straight out of maxwell using a B&W film response.

          Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • JQLJ
            JQL
            last edited by

            Agree with all! Congratulations! Nice theme and design too. I just feel it's all too perfect. Maybe having some film noise with such low light conditions would pump up realism...

            But who cares about "absolut" realism when you have everything else!

            www.casca.pt
            Visit us on facebook!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • cheddaC
              chedda
              last edited by

              Yeah Maxwell has the noise i just let it clear overtime, i often find resolving images have that photographic look. I take it you guys are entering the comp ? πŸ˜‰

              Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • pilouP
                pilou
                last edited by

                Easy rider! πŸ˜‰

                Frenchy Pilou
                Is beautiful that please without concept!
                My Little site :)

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • JQLJ
                  JQL
                  last edited by

                  @chedda said:

                  Yeah Maxwell has the noise i just let it clear overtime, i often find resolving images have that photographic look. I take it you guys are entering the comp ? πŸ˜‰

                  I didn't know there was a comp... I'm not taking it... the comps I take on usually provide a buiding to be built in the end! πŸ˜„

                  www.casca.pt
                  Visit us on facebook!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • cheddaC
                    chedda
                    last edited by

                    Fair enough JQL there are no prizes, its for fun and to get some appreciation for Mies's work.

                    Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • JQLJ
                      JQL
                      last edited by

                      @chedda said:

                      Fair enough JQL there are no prizes, its for fun and to get some appreciation for Mies's work.

                      Though that's what I do, I really like seeing the work you top arch viz guys throw up in those competitions I've learnt a lot in the past year just taking a peek at what you guys do!

                      www.casca.pt
                      Visit us on facebook!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • DanielD
                        Daniel
                        last edited by

                        Beautiful images. But where are the penguins?

                        My avatar is an anachronism.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • cheddaC
                          chedda
                          last edited by

                          Penguins ?

                          Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • DanielD
                            Daniel
                            last edited by

                            Slang for nun

                            My avatar is an anachronism.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • soloS
                              solo
                              last edited by

                              @daniel said:

                              Beautiful images. But where are the penguins?

                              There are nun.

                              http://www.solos-art.com

                              If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • hellnbakH
                                hellnbak
                                last edited by

                                @chedda said:

                                You can find it here in sketchup .3ds and obj:

                                Facebook

                                favicon

                                (www.facebook.com)

                                Nice work, but be forewarned, after I clicked on the link given it would not let me go. Had to exit my browser and start over. Not a big thing, but annoying πŸ˜’

                                "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • cheddaC
                                  chedda
                                  last edited by

                                  The link works for me hellnbak. I suspect you are an isolated case because no one else has mentioned it. You can find the group on Facebook by a traditional search method. It's called show share learn. I take it your interested in entering he comp ? πŸ˜‰

                                  Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • hellnbakH
                                    hellnbak
                                    last edited by

                                    @chedda said:

                                    The link works for me hellnbak. I suspect you are an isolated case because no one else has mentioned it. You can find the group on Facebook by a traditional search method. It's called show share learn. I take it your interested in entering he comp ? πŸ˜‰

                                    Yeah, I've been an isolated case most of my life πŸ˜†

                                    No, not gonna enter the competition, I did my thing modeling a gas station a while back, that's enuf architecture for me (was going to put a "wink" here, but they've changed it to one of the really ugly new-style smilies, and I won't use them)

                                    "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • tademaT
                                      tadema
                                      last edited by

                                      Lovely model Simon, you'll get some great renders from it, love B&W images πŸ˜›

                                      John

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • andybotA
                                        andybot
                                        last edited by

                                        @chedda said:

                                        The link works for me hellnbak. I suspect you are an isolated case because no one else has mentioned it. You can find the group on Facebook by a traditional search method. It's called show share learn. I take it your interested in entering he comp ? πŸ˜‰

                                        I would take a very very wild guess that hellnbak is not on facebook. I'm assuming you have to log in to access the page that you link to. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

                                        I do like your renderings, maybe you should post some of the other entries here as the competition winds down.

                                        http://charlottesvillearchitecturalrendering.com/

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • cheddaC
                                          chedda
                                          last edited by

                                          Here is the direct link to the models, the model download links are found within the PDF:

                                          Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life

                                          favicon

                                          (www.dropbox.com)

                                          I hope some of you guys enter the comp. I actually prefer the sketchucation community to Facebook most of the time. If you don't have an account maybe you can use a family members one to enter the comp ?

                                          Thanks for the comments John & Andy.

                                          Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • hellnbakH
                                            hellnbak
                                            last edited by

                                            @andybot said:

                                            I would take a very very wild guess that hellnbak is not on facebook. .

                                            Actually I am on Facebook. Only joined it to be able to do something, can't remember what now, a few years back. Minimal profile, just never got around to deleting the thing.

                                            See, I am "social" (NOT) πŸ˜†

                                            "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement