sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Upholstered furniture

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    328 Posts 54 Posters 238.6k Views 54 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • RichardR
      Richard
      last edited by

      OMG!!! I'm gobsmacked!! The modeling and the tools to do it have really changed the perception of what can be achieved with sketchup. I'm so freakin impressed!

      BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • alvisA
        alvis
        last edited by

        @richard said:

        OMG!!! I'm gobsmacked!! The modeling and the tools to do it have really changed the perception of what can be achieved with sketchup. I'm so freakin impressed!

        Thanks Richard.

        I have a new product.


        Capture5.JPG


        Capture6.JPG


        Capture7.JPG


        Capture8.JPG


        Capture9.JPG


        Capture10.JPG


        Capture11.JPG


        Capture12.JPG


        Capture13.JPG


        Capture14.JPG


        Capture15.JPG


        Capture16.JPG


        Capture17.JPG


        Capture19.JPG


        Capture20.JPG


        Capture21.JPG


        Capture22.JPG


        Capture23.JPG


        Capture24.JPG


        LOUNGE1-Scene 4.png

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • pilouP
          pilou
          last edited by

          There are no problem of Copyright or other to reproduce a model in 3D?

          Frenchy Pilou
          Is beautiful that please without concept!
          My Little site :)

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • ken28875K
            ken28875
            last edited by

            Amazing modeling and renders, Alvydas! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

            Thanks for showing your techniques. Very inspiring.

            Good day to you,

            _KN

            Follow Your Dreams.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • HieruH
              Hieru
              last edited by

              @unknownuser said:

              There are no problem of Copyright or other to reproduce a model in 3D?

              Not yet....

              In my view, it's no different to creating a painting or illustration that features a particular furniture design.

              There are others who disagree and there is pressure to protect furniture designs from being reproduced in any 2D or 3D medium without consent (including works of art or photography).

              www.davidhier.co.uk

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • C
                cuttingedge
                last edited by

                Alvis , I think you've perfected the art of this trade using SU. And thank you for sharing your techniques. I work in a furnishing company but I think modelling sofas still takes a lot of time .. We cant like produce things at the speed of thought.. The tedious connect the vertices, then triangulate faces, plus the urge to make it look perfect, simply robs me pleasure of doing it.

                In the earlier part of this thread, I quote you saying "I'm probably stupid, because in the world is a better programs". Now that you have mastered your workflow, Do you see yourself shifting to ' the better programs'?

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • alvisA
                  alvis
                  last edited by

                  @unknownuser said:

                  There are no problem of Copyright or other to reproduce a model in 3D?

                  My only violation is publicly posted on the original photo or a thereof fragment . The photographer has a right to their pictures.
                  The products are not mine. I say, who a producer and designer. My models are like sketches or painting. No documentation
                  And why many design studios freely distribute their products in 3D format and provide detailed drawings?
                  http://www.normann-copenhagen.com/about/cad-2d-3d-files
                  http://www.bebitalia.com/en/products/download-area.html#result
                  http://www.illoft.com/download_technical.php?lang=en

                  @ken28875 said:

                  Amazing modeling and renders, Alvydas! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                  Thanks for showing your techniques. Very inspiring.

                  Good day to you,

                  _KN

                  Thanks Ken!

                  [
                  @hieru said:

                  @unknownuser said:

                  There are no problem of Copyright or other to reproduce a model in 3D?

                  Not yet....

                  In my view, it's no different to creating a painting or illustration that features a particular furniture design.

                  There are others who disagree and there is pressure to protect furniture designs from being reproduced in any 2D or 3D medium without consent (including works of art or photography).

                  πŸ‘

                  @cuttingedge said:

                  Alvis , I think you've perfected the art of this trade using SU. And thank you for sharing your techniques. I work in a furnishing company but I think modelling sofas still takes a lot of time .. We cant like produce things at the speed of thought.. The tedious connect the vertices, then triangulate faces, plus the urge to make it look perfect, simply robs me pleasure of doing it.

                  In the earlier part of this thread, I quote you saying "I'm probably stupid, because in the world is a better programs". Now that you have mastered your workflow, Do you see yourself shifting to ' the better programs'?

                  Thank you to evaluate my abilities. If I have the dimensions and drawings of the sofa can be done quickly. Of course, I miss the big details like seams and creases. not always necessary. If you know of a specialized program specifically for upholstered furniture, I'll be grateful.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • RichardR
                    Richard
                    last edited by

                    @safa said:

                    why make this a different edges?

                    Would be very cool, but like piped edges it would just blows file size out the window!

                    I reckon the trick around it would be to map a texture right around a common width edge, using one of the UV tool options.

                    BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • alvisA
                      alvis
                      last edited by

                      Next - Trianon Tufted Chair


                      Capture.JPG


                      Capture1.JPG


                      Capture2.JPG


                      Capture3.JPG


                      Capture4.JPG


                      Capture5.JPG


                      Capture6.JPG


                      Capture7.JPG


                      Capture8.JPG


                      Capture9.JPG


                      Capture10.JPG


                      Capture11.JPG


                      Capture12.JPG


                      Capture13.JPG


                      Capture14.JPG


                      Capture15.JPG


                      Capture16.JPG


                      Capture17.jpg


                      CHAIR-Scene 5.jpg

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • alvisA
                        alvis
                        last edited by

                        KAYAPO chair


                        Capture1.JPG


                        Capture2.JPG


                        Capture3.JPG


                        Capture.JPG


                        Capture4.JPG


                        Capture5.JPG


                        Capture6.JPG


                        Capture7.JPG


                        Capture8.JPG


                        Capture9.JPG


                        Capture10.JPG


                        Capture11.JPG


                        KAYAPO armchair-6686.png

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • alvisA
                          alvis
                          last edited by

                          Vintage Leather Sofa


                          Vintage-Leather-Sofa-3.jpg


                          vintage sofa1.png

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • cottyC
                            cotty
                            last edited by

                            VERY nice one!

                            my SketchUp gallery

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • alvisA
                              alvis
                              last edited by

                              @cotty said:

                              VERY nice one!

                              Thanks Cotty!

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • StinkieS
                                Stinkie
                                last edited by

                                I agree with Cotty. πŸ‘

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • alvisA
                                  alvis
                                  last edited by

                                  Dining chair


                                  Capture.JPG


                                  Capture1.JPG


                                  Capture2.JPG


                                  Capture3.JPG


                                  Capture4.JPG


                                  Capture5.jpg

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • andybotA
                                    andybot
                                    last edited by

                                    amazing, inspirational! You are an SDS master! I love your workflow shots - it's great how you can see many steps ahead what the result will be.

                                    http://charlottesvillearchitecturalrendering.com/

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • alvisA
                                      alvis
                                      last edited by

                                      @andybot said:

                                      amazing, inspirational! You are an SDS master! I love your workflow shots - it's great how you can see many steps ahead what the result will be.

                                      Thanks Andy. Next model - hallway leather bench.


                                      Capture.JPG


                                      Capture1.JPG


                                      Capture2.JPG


                                      Capture3.jpg

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • alvisA
                                        alvis
                                        last edited by

                                        CLUB SOFA


                                        1.JPG


                                        2.JPG


                                        3.JPG


                                        4.JPG


                                        5.JPG


                                        6.JPG


                                        7.JPG


                                        8.JPG


                                        9.JPG


                                        10.JPG


                                        11.JPG

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • alvisA
                                          alvis
                                          last edited by

                                          Final result


                                          Armsofa1.png


                                          Armsofa.png


                                          Armsofa3.png

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • utilerU
                                            utiler
                                            last edited by

                                            @olishea said:

                                            This is awesome! 100% convincing models and renders. The creases, tufts, everything just spectacular. πŸ‘

                                            I agree, Oli. This is some of the most real life modelling / rendering I've seen!!!

                                            Just Curious...

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 16
                                            • 17
                                            • 2 / 17
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement