sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Chillin Out

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    22 Posts 13 Posters 3.1k Views 13 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • DanielD
      Daniel
      last edited by

      Fantastic looking, John.

      My avatar is an anachronism.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • tademaT
        tadema
        last edited by

        Thank you Kris and Daniel.

        Kris, I keep trying to find something other than "architectural" models (trucks, bikes, boats ect.) but I always return to the buildings, it's what I really enjoy the most.

        Now if only I could think of my next big project.... πŸ˜„

        John

        Anyone know what software would have been used to make the new TSB advert
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJzJCd_pwy8

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • cheddaC
          chedda
          last edited by

          Great job John. Do you know of a good online resource for historic buildings ? Perhaps original architectural drawings.

          Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • cheddaC
            chedda
            last edited by

            I found this set of links looks quite hopeful:

            http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/professional/advice/hpg/heritage-assets/sources/

            Page not found

            favicon

            (www.british-history.ac.uk)

            Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • urgenU
              urgen
              last edited by

              ...very good work! πŸ‘

              --pupil forever...------

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • tademaT
                tadema
                last edited by

                Thanks Simon, I've tried those two sites before but never been able to open anything other than text pages, have you had any luck?. Would be brilliant if the likes of English Heritage
                would make plans ect available.
                There's a building in town with a fantastic history on it's knees with the "developers" just waiting for it to become "uneconomic" to save as usual! I would love to do a full model before she's gone but alas...

                Tunstal Court.jpg

                Thank you Urgen.

                John

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • marked001M
                  marked001
                  last edited by

                  not that i don't love all of your images, but I REALLY like this one, john!

                  http://www.revision21vis.com

                  instagram: revi21on

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • cheddaC
                    chedda
                    last edited by

                    Yes John that looks an interesting project, it would be good to document it before it's gone. You could just take a ton of photographs and count the bricks for scale ! If not i'm sure some original drawings exist somewhere. I think it would be good to approach a local authority expressing your interest. The internet is broad and deep but it still lacks swathes of information which are only available in printed form. I did find some good drawings mixed into the survey of London. The thumbnails found in the text can be expanded. I have been interested for a very long time to model Osborne House on the Isle Of Wight.

                    Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Mike AmosM
                      Mike Amos
                      last edited by

                      There WAS a very interestin building in kingsbury, just off the m42 (junction 9) that was once owned by THE lady Godiva of legend. It has been developed since I last saw it as a wreck some 5-6 years ago and goes by the name hemlingford mill now. Originally known as Kingsbury hall it WAS a very grand old place even when I saw it with a great and I mean GREAT fireplace in the main hall. Looks like it has been thoroughly bastardised by developers who seem to be able to screw anything up in the quest of sales.

                      ERROR: The request could not be satisfied

                      favicon

                      (www.stokesentinel.co.uk)

                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsbury_family

                      I have a whole heap of info if you are interested.

                      Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Mike AmosM
                        Mike Amos
                        last edited by

                        The building being claimed by developers as belonging to lady godiva is in fact NOT the correct building. The great hall is still covered now and appears to have had no work done over the last 6-7 years. Great shame.

                        Kingsbury Hall, Kingsbury

                        Description: Kingsbury Hall

                        Grade: II*
                        Date Listed: 22 July 1953
                        English Heritage Building ID: 309276

                        OS Grid Reference: SP2138896321
                        OS Grid Coordinates: 421388, 296321
                        Latitude/Longitude: 52.5643, -1.6859

                        Location: Kingsbury, Warwickshire B78 2LJ

                        Locality: Kingsbury
                        Local Authority: North Warwickshire Borough Council
                        County: Warwickshire
                        Country: England
                        Postcode: B78 2LJ

                        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • tademaT
                          tadema
                          last edited by

                          Mark, thank you. This was one that played nicely, wish they were all like that.

                          Simon, she's at the point of no return now.... I photographed the front of the building this summer but as you can see the rest was out of reach, the son was going to do the back but I think he got spooked lol. Maybe the Local Council could help but I won't hold my breath, it's because of them shes in this state. Osborne House looks interesting but there was not a lot to go when you posted before, have you any better pictures.
                          http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=tunstall+court These look about 2yrs old.

                          Mike, Hemlingford Mill looks great, just about perfect to model with a bit of character.
                          Reminds me of Dunham Massey http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=81&p=415878

                          Thanks John

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • pbacotP
                            pbacot
                            last edited by

                            Great one, John. You do that stone without bump? I don't see how. Fantastic! Thanks for the clay AO. I always study your pictures and try to figure out what is model etc. Peter

                            MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • tademaT
                              tadema
                              last edited by

                              Thank you Peter, I think we have crossed wires here over the stone..

                              Mike Amos wrote "the roof tiles are not quite 'there' and come across as flat. Bump missing?"
                              My reply "Mike, I never used a bump map"

                              I used a bump of 1.5 on the stone. πŸ˜„
                              John

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • tinanneT
                                tinanne
                                last edited by

                                @marked001 said:

                                not that i don't love all of your images, but I REALLY like this one, john!

                                Yeah. Right there with you Jason.

                                Executive Director : American Society of Architectural Illustrators
                                AIP 30 Competition opens soon. ASAI.org

                                Architectural Rendering

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                Register Login
                                • 1
                                • 2
                                • 1 / 2
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                Buy SketchPlus
                                Buy SUbD
                                Buy WrapR
                                Buy eBook
                                Buy Modelur
                                Buy Vertex Tools
                                Buy SketchCuisine
                                Buy FormFonts

                                Advertisement