sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    NPR Barn Rendering

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    26 Posts 19 Posters 2.8k Views 19 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • allanxA
      allanx
      last edited by

      A model that I made and rendered using Maxwell Render, Photoshop and Fotosketcher...

      It's a barn somewhere in the states...

      allanx


      DWC Barn_FB.jpg

      Portfolio

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • soloS
        solo
        last edited by

        Frigging awesome! love the style.

        http://www.solos-art.com

        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Chris FullmerC
          Chris Fullmer
          last edited by

          That really is beautiful Allan! Thanks for sharing it.

          Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
          All my Plugins I've written

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Bryan KB
            Bryan K
            last edited by

            Wow. I wish I was there. ๐Ÿ‘

            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • PixeroP
              Pixero
              last edited by

              I really like the composition. ๐Ÿ‘

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • cottyC
                cotty
                last edited by

                A masterpice! ๐Ÿ‘
                I would like to see the raw SU output in comparison...

                my SketchUp gallery

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Mike AmosM
                  Mike Amos
                  last edited by

                  @cotty said:

                  A masterpice! ๐Ÿ‘
                  I would like to see the raw SU output in comparison...

                  Seconded, 'a wonderful thing to behold' That's a quote but cannot recall where from.

                  Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • J
                    jpalm32
                    last edited by

                    Wow!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • marked001M
                      marked001
                      last edited by

                      awesome.... style really works well for this image and i love the composition.

                      http://www.revision21vis.com

                      instagram: revi21on

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • StinkieS
                        Stinkie
                        last edited by

                        What Jason said. ๐Ÿ‘

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • R
                          rv1974
                          last edited by

                          Fantastic!

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • cheddaC
                            chedda
                            last edited by

                            Looks great Allanx !

                            Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • J
                              JGA
                              last edited by

                              Fantastic image.
                              Care to share your FotoSketcher settings to produce that effect?
                              Also liked the mottled grass look, very natural.

                              Regards,
                              JGA

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • boofredlayB
                                boofredlay
                                last edited by

                                Fantastic Allan

                                http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • ken28875K
                                  ken28875
                                  last edited by

                                  Beautiful render, Allan. The composition is great. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

                                  Have a great day!

                                  _KN

                                  Follow Your Dreams.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Large_BlackL
                                    Large_Black
                                    last edited by

                                    wow, amazing as always ...
                                    great style and mood

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • M
                                      mwm5053
                                      last edited by

                                      Allan, I liked what you are doing so much I bought your book and like it very much. I'm on a Mac using SU8 and Sketcher instead of Fotosketcher and Pixelmator instead of Ps but making the transition pretty well despite the fact that Pixelmator Ripple effect is not comparable to Ps at all nonetheless I'm still experimenting. I have a question, the vegetation you use in this model where do you get them? Some look 3D and some look 2D.

                                      Walt

                                      2011 iMac
                                      SU 2015 Pro, 2017 Make
                                      V2 Twilight
                                      macOS Sierra 10.12.5

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • allanxA
                                        allanx
                                        last edited by

                                        Hi Walt,

                                        Some one ask me this before about the PC to Mac equivalent of the tools that I used and I also point them to Sketcher but I am not familiar with Pixelmator because I'm not in a Mac.

                                        I think you can use any image editor here, my technique is just a starting ground for your own style,at present I only follow the 3 basic steps in my technique and the rest are all different per scene.

                                        For the vegetation, my tip is use 3D models that are close to the camera and I use 2D models for the background...

                                        Here is a texture collection by Oliver Shea that I always use: http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=27540

                                        allanx

                                        Portfolio

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • M
                                          mwm5053
                                          last edited by

                                          Thanks Allen

                                          2011 iMac
                                          SU 2015 Pro, 2017 Make
                                          V2 Twilight
                                          macOS Sierra 10.12.5

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • renderizaR
                                            renderiza
                                            last edited by

                                            Wow I love the style! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

                                            The colors bring perfect contrast to the scene and gives a happy vibe. โ˜€

                                            You have set the bar sir thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ‘

                                            [url=https://www.sketchupcode.com/:z3kqsidd]My Extensions ...[/url:z3kqsidd]

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 1 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement