sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Smeg gas hob

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    23 Posts 9 Posters 3.1k Views 9 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C
      Crazy Eyes
      last edited by

      @marian said:

      Smeghead!

      Thank you Marian for your helpful contribution!

      As for the comments on the supports, I didn't design this, smeg did. I just built the model from photos off the internet. I guess that the four posts are sufficient. I did try to model the gas flames, but that was beyond my skill level.

      Cheers

      Some people are lovers, some are fighters, if you love to fight, fight for love!

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • MarianM
        Marian
        last edited by

        @crazy eyes said:

        hank you Marian for your helpful contribution!

        You're very welcome. I love being helpful, it feels wonderful. 😄

        http://marian87.deviantart.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • pilouP
          pilou
          last edited by

          Master chief cooking ! 😎

          Frenchy Pilou
          Is beautiful that please without concept!
          My Little site :)

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • mitcorbM
            mitcorb
            last edited by

            @CrazyEyes:
            Just for the record, I think your model and render are excellent.

            I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • MarianM
              Marian
              last edited by

              Some flames. They're probably a bit highpoly to be of use, but I just wanted to experiment.


              cooker flames.skp


              cooker flames.jpg

              http://marian87.deviantart.com/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • locoL
                loco
                last edited by

                Nice 'flame' model Marian, did you model three flames for the component or just one and scaled it to fit inside each other?

                Windows 10, gpu rtx 3060 12gb ram, cpu AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 64gb ram, SketchUp 2022, Twinmotion 2022. My Little Tutorial

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • MarianM
                  Marian
                  last edited by

                  I initially just modeled a rounded cone, then copied it 2 times and scaled them to fit inside the first one. I then made them all a group and used the Radial bending tool from the Fredo Scale plug-in http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=17948&hilit=free+scale to bend the whole thing up. I then just copied them.

                  http://marian87.deviantart.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • hellnbakH
                    hellnbak
                    last edited by

                    Nice flames, Marian!

                    (I got it down to 150kb if that makes it more useable)

                    "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • MarianM
                      Marian
                      last edited by

                      @hellnbak said:

                      Nice flames, Marian!

                      (I got it down to 150kb if that makes it more useable)

                      Cool, any little big helps. Some people might have a lot of cookers to lit up and the number of the flames pile up fast. 😄

                      Lyall I turned on the cooker for you. You can now make me a nice stew or something. 😄


                      SMEG PVA 750 graphite gas hob.skp


                      SMEG PVA 750 graphite gas hob.jpg

                      http://marian87.deviantart.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • locoL
                        loco
                        last edited by

                        Thanks for the explanation..good workflow...the hob has sprung into life now..very effective 😉

                        Windows 10, gpu rtx 3060 12gb ram, cpu AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 64gb ram, SketchUp 2022, Twinmotion 2022. My Little Tutorial

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • MarianM
                          Marian
                          last edited by

                          @loco said:

                          Thanks for the explanation..good workflow...the hob has sprung into life now..very effective 😉

                          You're welcome. 😄

                          http://marian87.deviantart.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • C
                            Crazy Eyes
                            last edited by

                            Looks real good Marian, but I've tried rendering the flame with Twilight, and it's a no-go. I would need some sort of diffusion template to achieve it, but alas, there is no such thing. 😞

                            Some people are lovers, some are fighters, if you love to fight, fight for love!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • MarianM
                              Marian
                              last edited by

                              Yeah, rendering the flames to look as real as possible is a whole 'nother can of worms unforunately.

                              http://marian87.deviantart.com/

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                              Register Login
                              • 1
                              • 2
                              • 2 / 2
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              Buy SketchPlus
                              Buy SUbD
                              Buy WrapR
                              Buy eBook
                              Buy Modelur
                              Buy Vertex Tools
                              Buy SketchCuisine
                              Buy FormFonts

                              Advertisement