sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Piano Room

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    10 Posts 7 Posters 1.2k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • pugz1983P
      pugz1983
      last edited by

      Hi Everybody,

      Here's the first render of a Piano Room I'm working on. Love some feedback on the render. I'm also kinda stucjk with this scene. The question I have is What to add to the scene? I'm open for suggestions. Model made in SU with Profile Builder 😄
      piano model from archive3d. Rendered with Vray.

      Greetz Twan


      PianoRoom1.JPG

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pilouP
        pilou
        last edited by

        Mozart ? 😉

        http://www.thecultureconcept.com/circle/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/4605.gif.jpeg

        Frenchy Pilou
        Is beautiful that please without concept!
        My Little site :)

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • pugz1983P
          pugz1983
          last edited by

          Haha, great suggestion. Maybe I can use the Fur plugin for his hair 😄

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • stefanqS
            stefanq
            last edited by

            I say definitely a chandelier, maybe a rug under piano, and some antique finish over those moldings (maybe bronze or so) just enough to brake that plain look of the white wall. Looks like a parisian apartment to me, so do a little bit of research on Google images.
            Cheers!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • pugz1983P
              pugz1983
              last edited by

              good suggestions there stefanq. I have some wall scone's that would do I think. Not so sure about the rug do. Dont't see many classic rooms with rugs (exept persian rugs). I think if I bump up the specular a bit it will give some nice reflections to break the white wall. But please keep the tips coming.

              greetz Twan

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • stefanqS
                stefanq
                last edited by

                Well, not a rug rug ( my english is weak), I was thinking something like this one:
                And a little bump for the floor wouldn't hurt I think. I see some noise in the floor reflections, use more subdivisions there. This is a very promising scene, I wonder how much detail you could squeeze in, before SketchUp will disappoint you.
                Regards,
                Stefan


                holder1.jpg

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • W
                  wolfy
                  last edited by

                  Nice render, good light. May I suggest playing around with the material of the wall trimming making them a light maple to tie into the flooring (nice parquet choice by the way and I agree with no rug). Sconces too would be nice, something with an elongated body to it.
                  Also, be brave and add some color to the ceiling! Looks great.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • DanielD
                    Daniel
                    last edited by

                    Personally, I like the stark white walls and ceiling, and the minimalist look. I wouldn't add anything. I would suggest maybe changing the piano to black, though. Maybe a few sheets of music on the floor to give the scene some life.

                    My avatar is an anachronism.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • cheddaC
                      chedda
                      last edited by

                      Looks good Twan. I did something similar recently take a look:

                      http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=44342

                      I think the rear wall should be a lot lighter nearer the window and fade to darker towards the right. It just needs a few more touches i think to make it sparkle.

                      Chedda

                      Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • mitcorbM
                        mitcorb
                        last edited by

                        I just happened to notice that the reflection of a window on the curve of the piano suggests to me that the surface is curved in a spherical way?
                        But of course, I have photographed plenty of visual anomalies and this could be one of those instances where the condition does not follow the expectation.

                        I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1 / 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement