sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Model and render this: Glass brick/block

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    43 Posts 16 Posters 19.2k Views 16 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • cheddaC
      chedda
      last edited by

      Looking good Heiru, especially the modelling although i suspect it's overkill, how does your machine behave with all those poly's, especially when you have multiple instances ?

      Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • HieruH
        Hieru
        last edited by

        As expected SU grinds and groans under the strain. Even the Thea exporter has trouble when using my preferred settings.

        For this exercise I'll stick with the high poly model, but I've already modelled something simpler for real-world situations.

        www.davidhier.co.uk

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • HieruH
          Hieru
          last edited by

          I'm not quite happy with this, but I think this will be my last attempt at the challenge.


          Bathroom.jpg

          www.davidhier.co.uk

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • dereiD
            derei
            last edited by

            @hieru said:

            I'm not quite happy with this, but I think this will be my last attempt at the challenge.

            What render engine did you used? I like the caustics very much!

            DESIGNER AND ARTIST DEREI.UK

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • HieruH
              Hieru
              last edited by

              The whole idea was based around the caustics, so I'm glad you like the effect.

              The scene was rendered using Thea.

              www.davidhier.co.uk

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • R
                Roger
                last edited by

                The see through bathtub works well with the candles. Add a little wine and some flamenco playing over hidden speakers.

                http://www.azcreative.com

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • dereiD
                  derei
                  last edited by

                  @roger said:

                  The see through bathtub works well with the candles. Add a little wine and some flamenco playing over hidden speakers.

                  And a chick !! (be sure is not the kind with feathers πŸ’š ) πŸ‘

                  DESIGNER AND ARTIST DEREI.UK

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • jason_marantoJ
                    jason_maranto
                    last edited by

                    @hieru said:

                    I'm not quite happy with this, but I think this will be my last attempt at the challenge.

                    Excellent model and rendering! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                    Best,
                    Jason.

                    I create video tutorial series about several 2D & 3D graphics programs.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • HieruH
                      Hieru
                      last edited by

                      Thanks Jason πŸ‘

                      I know it could do with a bit more work (mostly on the design of the room), but it was a fun exercise.

                      www.davidhier.co.uk

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • E
                        Ecuadorian
                        last edited by

                        My try, using Lumion. Glass was warped using good old Sandbox tools. I created two variations, distributed them in a checkerboard pattern and then randomly rotated most blocks.


                        glass-block-lumion.jpg


                        SUview.jpg

                        -Miguel Lescano
                        Subscribe to my house plans YouTube channel! (30K+ subs)

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • L
                          Lepas
                          last edited by

                          Sorry for refloating this topic, but I'm wondering if it could be possible to gather the skp files of each entry in order to download them :-9

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                          Register Login
                          • 1
                          • 2
                          • 3
                          • 3 / 3
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Buy SketchPlus
                          Buy SUbD
                          Buy WrapR
                          Buy eBook
                          Buy Modelur
                          Buy Vertex Tools
                          Buy SketchCuisine
                          Buy FormFonts

                          Advertisement