sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    River Bank NPR

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    18 Posts 10 Posters 2.7k Views 10 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • leedeeteeL
      leedeetee
      last edited by

      Just super. Would love to know your secret. Really is beautiful.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        davidh
        last edited by

        A revised version.I have added additonal trees to the riverbank and one at the right foreground.I also added a shadow from the central tree on the gable.I wasn't too happy with the colour tone of the previous version so I have added a slight orange/brown tone to the overall image to tie it together better.

        A lot of my recently uploaded images have contained water in some form ,but I think you can get some wonderful effects from the reflections.


        BRIDGE RIVER in SNOW.jpg

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • L
          leminilab
          last edited by

          Well just like Jason, I seldom commented on your works but I keep admiring them. I think you deserve an afro smiley so there you go: 😎

          And I hope you keep posting in the Post-pro section of the forum (http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewforum.php?f=351) all excellent!) for I believe the tips you share benefit most of us!

          I also hope I will someday produce beautiful images spending only 15 minutes post-pro... But this I doubt...πŸ˜•

          • "Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right."
          • "ThomThom rules!!!"
          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • jason_marantoJ
            jason_maranto
            last edited by

            Now that is awesome, even for you 😎

            Best,
            Jason.

            I create video tutorial series about several 2D & 3D graphics programs.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • EscapeArtistE
              EscapeArtist
              last edited by

              My sketchup skills are feeling bad about themselves. Between this and Tadema's work my skills are going to need Prozac.

              Very, very nice.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • D
                davidh
                last edited by

                autumn at the riverside


                Riverbank autumn 002.jpg

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  davidh
                  last edited by

                  A very quick night version of the previous image.The only new element is the moon and stars,everything else was colour toned from the daylight shot.I will add a step by step for turning day to night in the post pro section later.


                  BRIDGE RIVERSNOW NIGHT 001.jpg

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • leedeeteeL
                    leedeetee
                    last edited by

                    @davidh said:

                    some visitors to the house...

                    Beautiful!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • marked001M
                      marked001
                      last edited by

                      I scrolled through and they just kept getting better! I can't wait to see a step by step of something like this being composited.

                      great stuff.

                      http://www.revision21vis.com

                      instagram: revi21on

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • pbacotP
                        pbacot
                        last edited by

                        Sweet! And it's actually hunting season!

                        MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • pbacotP
                          pbacot
                          last edited by

                          @davidh said:

                          A revised version.I have added additonal trees to the riverbank and one at the right foreground.I also added a shadow from the central tree on the gable.I wasn't too happy with the colour tone of the previous version so I have added a slight orange/brown tone to the overall image to tie it together better.

                          A lot of my recently uploaded images have contained water in some form ,but I think you can get some wonderful effects from the reflections.

                          Incredible depth in this one and the water is beautiful!

                          MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • D
                            davidh
                            last edited by

                            some visitors to the house...


                            Riverbank autumn visitors 02.jpg

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • D
                              davidh
                              last edited by

                              A dusk setting with dark woods


                              BRIDGE RIVER BANK DUSK.jpg

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • R
                                Roger
                                last edited by

                                Fantastic work as usual. My only small criticism involves trees that appear in reflection that are not in the scene or reflect at the wrong angle. It does not spoil the project, but just proves I am watching closely.

                                http://www.azcreative.com

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                Register Login
                                • 1 / 1
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                Buy SketchPlus
                                Buy SUbD
                                Buy WrapR
                                Buy eBook
                                Buy Modelur
                                Buy Vertex Tools
                                Buy SketchCuisine
                                Buy FormFonts

                                Advertisement