sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Dojo

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    42 Posts 20 Posters 4.1k Views 20 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S
      sepo
      last edited by

      Lighting is sublime...like it a lot.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • AdamBA
        AdamB
        last edited by

        Beautiful. You really are getting the hang of this modelling thing, aren't you. β˜€

        Pete, what does Glare actually do? Its a blending function, or a lighting function?

        Developer of LightUp Click for website

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • S
          sepo
          last edited by

          Glare is related to lighting .... but in Thea it is postprocess.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • soloS
            solo
            last edited by

            Adam,

            I guess the best way to describe it would be as a post render lighting effect in Thea, you have two options, first there is the Radial which is very like a bloom effect and the other is the Blade method which is like light flare effect, both are very customisable with parameters to set amount and size.

            http://www.solos-art.com

            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Dave RD
              Dave R
              last edited by

              πŸ‘ πŸ‘

              Etaoin Shrdlu

              %

              (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

              G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

              M30

              %

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • soloS
                solo
                last edited by

                Here is an example of the glare radial effect.

                SU model:

                http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8811/toothbrushinglasliness.jpg

                Straight Thea render, no glare:

                http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8863/toothbrushinglas.jpg

                With 4% radius glare 20% Weight:

                http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7639/toothbrushglasglares.jpg

                http://www.solos-art.com

                If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • numbthumbN
                  numbthumb
                  last edited by

                  Somehow I missed this. But it doesnΒ΄t change the fact that I enjoy every look of it. Plus IΒ΄ve learned something new today πŸ‘

                  Comfortably numb...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • pbacotP
                    pbacot
                    last edited by

                    Damn, Pete, you even make toothbrushes have pizzazz.0 πŸŽ‰

                    MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • AdamBA
                      AdamB
                      last edited by

                      +1 Pete.

                      Are those chipped tiles a texture, modelled, or is it a displacement?

                      Adam

                      Developer of LightUp Click for website

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • david_hD
                        david_h
                        last edited by

                        you have made much progress Grasshopper.

                        When you can grab the thea-rendered toothbrush from my hand. . .then will you finally be ready. .


                        tve10681-19720222-1308.jpg

                        If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • R
                          Roger
                          last edited by

                          Radial glare is partly an artifact of the good old days of film where it was called halation. We may forget that film has thickness. Light enters the film to make an image but the strong light from highlights hits the rear of the film and bounces to the front and is then redirected to the rear. On longer exposures this excess light bouncing migrates away from the original point of contact just like a drop of water on a paper towel spreads out. Modern films have an antihalation backing to absorb excess light but it is not 100 percent effective, hence the halation (as in halo).

                          http://www.azcreative.com

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • soloS
                            solo
                            last edited by

                            @adamb said:

                            +1 Pete.

                            Are those chipped tiles a texture, modelled, or is it a displacement?

                            Adam

                            Niether, it's a texture from online, I added a bump which I generated with Pixplant2,I gave the bump a value of 30% (pretty high for Thea) thus the displacement feel.

                            http://www.solos-art.com

                            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Dave RD
                              Dave R
                              last edited by

                              Pete, those images are really nice. the glare certainly adds something.

                              Roger, I miss those thick films. And my old Graphic View 4x5 with the red leather bellows. πŸ˜‰

                              Etaoin Shrdlu

                              %

                              (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                              G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                              M30

                              %

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • R
                                Roger
                                last edited by

                                @dave r said:

                                Pete, those images are really nice. the glare certainly adds something.

                                Roger, I missthose thick films. And my old Graphic View 4x5 with the red leather bellows. πŸ˜‰

                                Before I became as vintage as the camera.

                                I still have one handy. You can tell I was enjoying the process. But over the Atlantic highlands at 2000 ft with the door open in late fall, it was cold even with double gloves.

                                http://www.azcreative.com

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Dave RD
                                  Dave R
                                  last edited by

                                  I was thinking of one like this.

                                  http://graflex.org/articles/graphic-view/I.jpg

                                  But I had a couple of Speed graphics, too. The focal plane shutter would almost rip the camera from your hands if you weren't careful. πŸ˜„

                                  I had a lovely ancient Kodak 137mm lens on the Graphic View. I'd had the lens recoated and liked the quality of images I got from it. Sold the camera and the lens for $100. I wish I'd just kept it.

                                  Etaoin Shrdlu

                                  %

                                  (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                  G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                  M30

                                  %

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0

                                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                  With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                  Register Login
                                  • 1
                                  • 2
                                  • 3
                                  • 3 / 3
                                  • First post
                                    Last post
                                  Buy SketchPlus
                                  Buy SUbD
                                  Buy WrapR
                                  Buy eBook
                                  Buy Modelur
                                  Buy Vertex Tools
                                  Buy SketchCuisine
                                  Buy FormFonts

                                  Advertisement