sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Bar Chair and other (updated 05.15)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    123 Posts 32 Posters 56.8k Views 32 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • alvisA
      alvis
      last edited by

      Massoud Green Leather Chair


      MassoudGreenLeather Chair2.jpg


      MassoudGreenLeather Chair1.jpg


      MassoudGreenLeather Chair.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • J
        jchau2007
        last edited by

        Alvis,
        I love this chair and want to learn. Will you do a tutorial and put on Books.sketchucation.com so I can buy.

        thanks,
        James

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • A
          Ands43
          last edited by

          I'm with James I'm reasonable at SU but the gallery is full of mind blowing stuff! I guess you use a few plugins?

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • alvisA
            alvis
            last edited by

            Thank you for the comments.
            Yes, I use a few plugins.
            My favorites:

            • Artisan or SubdivideAndSmooth
            • RoundEdge
            • PipeAlongPath or just FollowMe
            • SoapSkinBubble Tool
            • Extrusion Tools
            • CurviLoft
            • ShapeBender
            • Copy Along Path
            • JointPushPull or Shell

            I want to thank all developers for these wonderful tools.
            I am planning to make a few tutorials (with models).
            Those who did it, they know how much time it takes.
            Currently, there is another priority.
            Another commercial product - Johanna Chair


            mo9.jpg


            mo91.png.jpg

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • soloS
              solo
              last edited by

              Brilliant!!

              You are by far the best furniture modeler in SU hands down, i'm green with envy. 💚 👍

              http://www.solos-art.com

              If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • alvisA
                alvis
                last edited by

                Thank Solo

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • A
                  Ands43
                  last edited by

                  That SoapSkinbubble tool wow just wow! Do you use that for cushions? I would be interested in when and how to use it.

                  There is another really good furniture designer using sketchup he often makes jigs that he uses when he builds the furniture if I recall correctly.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • V
                    Vicspa
                    last edited by

                    Alvis, I just bought one of your tutorials on one of your chairs, can't wait to try your techniques, thanks.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • boofredlayB
                      boofredlay
                      last edited by

                      Excellent!

                      http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • alvisA
                        alvis
                        last edited by

                        Thank you for the comments

                        Next model "Dorra Rosa" chair


                        darrarosa1.jpg


                        darrarosa.jpg


                        darrarosa3.jpg

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • jo-keJ
                          jo-ke
                          last edited by

                          great model. Reminds me a bit of zarah hadid's work.

                          Always a pleasure to see your models

                          http://www.zz7.de

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • L
                            leminilab
                            last edited by

                            Long time since my last visit to this thread... 😲
                            Keep them coming, it's really impressive.

                            Thanks a lot for the inspiration Alvis (I definitely need to work harder)!

                            • "Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right."
                            • "ThomThom rules!!!"
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • N
                              nomeradona
                              last edited by

                              very nice model... love it.

                              visit my blog: http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • A
                                Ands43
                                last edited by

                                The lovegrove model is amazing although I'm not a fan of his work.

                                Where can I buy your tutorials please?

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • J
                                  jchau2007
                                  last edited by

                                  not that I am trying to be the fifth, but I like the chair alot. Just another well done modeling Alvis.

                                  James

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • alvisA
                                    alvis
                                    last edited by

                                    Ross Lovegrove Go Chair


                                    ross.jpg


                                    SERR.jpg


                                    serr2.jpg

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • A
                                      Ands43
                                      last edited by

                                      Thanks for the chair message!!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • alvisA
                                        alvis
                                        last edited by

                                        A French Walnut Louis Philippe Tufted Leather Armchair. (Tutorial in sketchucation books 😉)


                                        frensh.jpg

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • J
                                          jchau2007
                                          last edited by

                                          I just saw it at book.sketchucation. couldn't wait to go home tonight and make my purchase. Tufted chair is something I always want to learn. opportunity is here, thanks Alvis.

                                          James

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • alvisA
                                            alvis
                                            last edited by

                                            Modern Chair Plywood Design Ideas by Marco Santos and Cody Stonerock.


                                            Modern Chair Plywood Design Ideas by Marco Santos.jpg


                                            Modern Chair Plywood Design Ideas by Marco Santos1.jpg


                                            chair-design-of-high-quality-plywood-and-Leather-3.jpg

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 7 / 7
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement