sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Summer/autumn

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    45 Posts 18 Posters 7.7k Views 18 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      davidh
      last edited by

      1 more lakeside view with foreground depth of field added in the second image.the foreground rocks have had highlights burnt onto them in photoshop to try and make them more compatible with the lighting in the render.


      LAKESIDE  rocks.jpg


      LAKESIDE rocks blur foreground.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • boofredlayB
        boofredlay
        last edited by

        Nice!

        http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • R
          Roger
          last edited by

          @davidh said:

          a misty morning version of the lakeside image.the model was re-rendered with a low sun but,again,all the same vegetation was used,just darkened and a low mist added over the far bank.

          Very nice, most excellent, love it!

          http://www.azcreative.com

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • StinkieS
            Stinkie
            last edited by

            Very nice indeed! πŸ‘ I like the first one best.

            Edit: I think (this might very well be a matter of personal preference!) the composition could be improved. Currently, the tip of the tower is in the upper part of the image. It should be in the lower part. Think of seventeenth-century Dutch seascapes - if that makes any sense. I've been wrong before, though! 😎

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • D
              davidh
              last edited by

              a distressed watercolour effect,maybe a bit too distressed!


              LAKESIDE SUN watercolour distressed.jpg

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • D
                davidh
                last edited by

                a little less distressed


                LAKESIDE SUN watercolour 1.jpg

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • StinkieS
                  Stinkie
                  last edited by

                  I like those. πŸ‘

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • B
                    bhbarchitects
                    last edited by

                    @davidh said:

                    1 more lakeside view with foreground depth of field added in the second image.the foreground rocks have had highlights burnt onto them in photoshop to try and make them more compatible with the lighting in the render.

                    Really nice renders, just something about the water, possibly reduce the reflection or more blur??


                    Reflections in lake (photo)

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • D
                      davidh
                      last edited by

                      I think looking at the above photo that the reflections in my renders should be much darker.Next render I'll try and do something similar.Its really all about getting the correct lighting.My favourite light is definetly the low evening/morning sun because its possible to get much more dramatic images.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • pbacotP
                        pbacot
                        last edited by

                        These are really nice! Both PR and WC. Peter

                        MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • R
                          Roger
                          last edited by

                          BORN TO RENDER

                          http://www.azcreative.com

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • D
                            davidh
                            last edited by

                            The original of the last image uploaded.i.e before the watercolour effect was applied.The foreground grass element at the waters edge is made up from the grass .png I uploaded a few days ago,but with some additional elements added such as the daisy's.I think the water reflection is still too blue so I guess its back to the drawing board on that one.


                            LAKESIDE SUN 2.jpg

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • StinkieS
                              Stinkie
                              last edited by

                              The water is fine, IMHO. The way it looks fits the style. I'd look into the purple cast on the roofs' edges, though.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • allanxA
                                allanx
                                last edited by

                                Wow you are indeed the Master of Post production...the water reflection fits the scene very well and also the foliage..

                                Thanks for sharing your stuffs...

                                allanx

                                Portfolio

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • pbacotP
                                  pbacot
                                  last edited by

                                  All looking great. Thanks for posting.

                                  MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • D
                                    davidh
                                    last edited by

                                    A"watercolour" sunset version.I think I will have to move the sky background(a layer in photoshop) over to the left, as at the moment the light on the buildings seems to be slightly different.But the mood of the scene is close to what I want to achieve.The treeline at the rear is also photoshop and when I used the "overlay" blend option,I got the effect I was looking for - an almost semi transparent,red colour as if the sun is burning thru the trees.


                                    sunset.jpg

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • tademaT
                                      tadema
                                      last edited by

                                      WOW, thats superb πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • D
                                        davidh
                                        last edited by

                                        Thanks tadema,I must say that your images are always the ones I gravitate towards when I see a new post.Your use of textures and mood are some of the best Ive ever seen.Because we use a digital medium sometimes its easy to think that "the computer does the work".
                                        Obviously it does to a certain degree,but the best images always have a style,imprint and a certain uniqueness that no matter how many tutorials are used ,certain "ideals" , for want of a better word,come to the fore.
                                        For me its composition.Then its light.Then its whatever I have to work with.I dont mean that in a smart way,Im lucky that now I work for myself,so every decision is mine,good or bad.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • D
                                          davidh
                                          last edited by

                                          a jpg of the original render.


                                          bldg.jpg

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • D
                                            davidh
                                            last edited by

                                            Another version of the previous image.The foreground was initially much darker but again I burnt highlights to try and match the background lighting.


                                            sunst watercolour 3.jpg

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 3 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement