sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Summer/autumn

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    45 Posts 18 Posters 7.7k Views 18 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S
      steelers05
      last edited by

      Look great...like 2 & 3 better than the other one

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • RichardR
        Richard
        last edited by

        Well I'll be buggered then!

        BTW number three is a reference photo right? πŸ˜„

        That is as good as it ever gets without doubt!

        BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • D
          davidh
          last edited by

          Attached is a lakeside version of the previous images.I have reused most of the original vegetation,just repositioning them.the reflection was done in photoshop using a technique from http://www.sketchupartists.org/tips-and-tricks/.


          LAKESIDE2.jpg

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • D
            davidh
            last edited by

            a misty morning version of the lakeside image.the model was re-rendered with a low sun but,again,all the same vegetation was used,just darkened and a low mist added over the far bank.


            LAKE MIST2.jpg

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • boofredlayB
              boofredlay
              last edited by

              Great!
              I am sure you have been asked before but where do you get your Photoshop entourage?

              http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • D
                davidh
                last edited by

                A lot of the stuff I use over and over are Dosch and Evermotion products.I purchased them about 4 years ago and they were one of the best investments ever.But I also make a lot from images on the net,overlaying and blending in photoshop.I'm also constantly looking out for elements such as rocks leaves etc which can be easily extracted from their original image.It takes time but it means that you will have a ready made library and you can start post processing very quickly.
                One thing I usually do is render out a very low res version of the model at the correct size and instantly start adding the entourage in photoshop while a hi res version of the render is cooking.Then, once the final model image is finished rendering at a higher resolution,you only have to drag and drop the hi res image in place of the low res and do some small tweaking.(I have attached a grass layer from the images, made in photoshop,feel free to use)


                lush grass.png

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • boofredlayB
                  boofredlay
                  last edited by

                  Great, thanks for the explanation.

                  http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • D
                    davidh
                    last edited by

                    1 more lakeside view with foreground depth of field added in the second image.the foreground rocks have had highlights burnt onto them in photoshop to try and make them more compatible with the lighting in the render.


                    LAKESIDE  rocks.jpg


                    LAKESIDE rocks blur foreground.jpg

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • boofredlayB
                      boofredlay
                      last edited by

                      Nice!

                      http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • R
                        Roger
                        last edited by

                        @davidh said:

                        a misty morning version of the lakeside image.the model was re-rendered with a low sun but,again,all the same vegetation was used,just darkened and a low mist added over the far bank.

                        Very nice, most excellent, love it!

                        http://www.azcreative.com

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • StinkieS
                          Stinkie
                          last edited by

                          Very nice indeed! πŸ‘ I like the first one best.

                          Edit: I think (this might very well be a matter of personal preference!) the composition could be improved. Currently, the tip of the tower is in the upper part of the image. It should be in the lower part. Think of seventeenth-century Dutch seascapes - if that makes any sense. I've been wrong before, though! 😎

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • D
                            davidh
                            last edited by

                            a distressed watercolour effect,maybe a bit too distressed!


                            LAKESIDE SUN watercolour distressed.jpg

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • D
                              davidh
                              last edited by

                              a little less distressed


                              LAKESIDE SUN watercolour 1.jpg

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • StinkieS
                                Stinkie
                                last edited by

                                I like those. πŸ‘

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • B
                                  bhbarchitects
                                  last edited by

                                  @davidh said:

                                  1 more lakeside view with foreground depth of field added in the second image.the foreground rocks have had highlights burnt onto them in photoshop to try and make them more compatible with the lighting in the render.

                                  Really nice renders, just something about the water, possibly reduce the reflection or more blur??


                                  Reflections in lake (photo)

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • D
                                    davidh
                                    last edited by

                                    I think looking at the above photo that the reflections in my renders should be much darker.Next render I'll try and do something similar.Its really all about getting the correct lighting.My favourite light is definetly the low evening/morning sun because its possible to get much more dramatic images.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • pbacotP
                                      pbacot
                                      last edited by

                                      These are really nice! Both PR and WC. Peter

                                      MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • R
                                        Roger
                                        last edited by

                                        BORN TO RENDER

                                        http://www.azcreative.com

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • D
                                          davidh
                                          last edited by

                                          The original of the last image uploaded.i.e before the watercolour effect was applied.The foreground grass element at the waters edge is made up from the grass .png I uploaded a few days ago,but with some additional elements added such as the daisy's.I think the water reflection is still too blue so I guess its back to the drawing board on that one.


                                          LAKESIDE SUN 2.jpg

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • StinkieS
                                            Stinkie
                                            last edited by

                                            The water is fine, IMHO. The way it looks fits the style. I'd look into the purple cast on the roofs' edges, though.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 3 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement