sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Nexorade...

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    38 Posts 20 Posters 22.7k Views 20 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • simon le bonS
      simon le bon
      last edited by

      Dear Taff,
      I would like so much be a "big boss" just to feel the great pleasure to employ guys like you.
      Is there some big boss coming around? The best guys can be found here..

      a "little-to-no exposure" tv cameraman 😎 s

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • TaffGochT
        TaffGoch
        last edited by

        @notareal said:

        Taff, your work is truly inspirational.

        Thank you, for writing such a gracious compliment.

        I know that you, in particular, can also appreciate that I used Kerkythea to render this model. Thanks for the knowledge I gleaned from the Kerky forum -- information you provided in your posts there. Without that, I would not have been able to figure out, on my own, how to use the abundance of settings available in KT.


        This render is a little better than those that I previously posted above. (Kerkythea; Path-tracing - Progressive; no Photoshop post-processing)

        -Taff


        Rotegrity springs

        "Information is not knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • TaffGochT
          TaffGoch
          last edited by

          @simon le bon said:

          "...The best guys can be found here..."

          I could not agree more. 👍

          -Taff

          "Information is not knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • urgenU
            urgen
            last edited by

            .....
            http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3140/an1296766540.gif

            http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3140/an1296766540.gif

            http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3140/an1296766540.gif
            ☀

            --pupil forever...------

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • M
              museummaker
              last edited by

              • 👍 to the insanity.

              Years ago I helped re-assemble the Dymaxion House, it was a tension structure, all resting on one mast. Some see it as a precursor to the geodesic dome.

              http://www.yesterland.com/images-sidetrips/dymaxion_exterior2004.jpg

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • TaffGochT
                TaffGoch
                last edited by

                @unknownuser said:

                Years ago I helped re-assemble the Dymaxion House,..."

                What a rare opportunity!


                For readers who may wish to pursue their own rendering ideas, here's the model:


                Rotegrity_springs(public).skp

                "Information is not knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • jarynzlesaJ
                  jarynzlesa
                  last edited by

                  I have always been fascinated with you works. 👍 👍 👍 to you and your projects.

                  http://www.vizualizaceschodiste.mypage.cz/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olisheaO
                    olishea
                    last edited by

                    thats really cool taff. im really into geodesics these days! and this is why! beautiful! 👍

                    oli

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • TaffGochT
                      TaffGoch
                      last edited by

                       
                      Today, I posted the model to the Google 3D Warehouse • Rotegrity Springs

                      Rotegrity_springs(public).jpg
                      The posted version has been updated, to reflect the latest changes; to adjust/refine angles & follow-me paths. I'll keep the Warehouse edition updated, so you only have to look there for the latest changes (although, I think I've found all errors, and refined it as much as I can.)

                      -Taff

                      "Information is not knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • FletchF
                        Fletch
                        last edited by

                        Oh, Taff, that's just BEAUTIFUL!
                        Thanks so much for sharing the model, if I get a chance to use/render it, I'll post back.

                        Fletch
                        3D Modeling addict. Former owner/developer of Twilight Render. sleepinggiantvisual.com

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • TaffGochT
                          TaffGoch
                          last edited by

                           
                          Thanks, Fletch. You're gracious for saying that.

                          I'm currently playing with render-material variations, myself...

                          http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss233/taffgoch/Rotegrity_springs_2_copper_chrome.jpg

                          -Taff

                          "Information is not knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • E
                            Ermin0s
                            last edited by

                            Are all the edges of that nexdome the same length? i want to build this in real, but then with those long toothpicks for meat.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • TaffGochT
                              TaffGoch
                              last edited by

                              @ermin0s said:

                              Are all the edges of that nexdome the same length? i want to build this in real, but then with those long toothpicks for meat.

                              All the "copper" springs are the same, and all the "silver" ones are the same.

                              Note, however, that the 3-way "splits" are NOT equal.  Since this is based on a 5-frequency geodesic tessellation of an icosahedron *(frequency 5v{1,4} to be specific,) * the three straight sections of the copper springs are different lengths.  The straight sections of the silver springs are of two lengths -- one in the center, with the two ends being the same.

                              **CORRECTION:  ** I forgot that my last refinement (the most problematic, time-consuming exercise)  was to make the three-angle subdivision for each spring EQUAL.  Therefore, the three lengths (chords)  between geodesic nodes, for each spring, are identical.  Note, however, that the two springs don't share the same chord lengths.  The silver chords are 0.2834, and the copper chords are 0.2523, when the radius of the sphere *(to the nodes) * is 1.0000.

                              http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss233/taffgoch/Rotegrity_Springs.gif

                              The CENTER of each coil corresponds with a "node" of the geodesic tessellation.

                              -Taff

                              "Information is not knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                              Register Login
                              • 1
                              • 2
                              • 2 / 2
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              Buy SketchPlus
                              Buy SUbD
                              Buy WrapR
                              Buy eBook
                              Buy Modelur
                              Buy Vertex Tools
                              Buy SketchCuisine
                              Buy FormFonts

                              Advertisement