sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Render this: Kitchen

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    57 Posts 33 Posters 14.0k Views 33 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • soloS
      solo
      last edited by

      Eric, looks like you have taken to Shaderlight.

      Makes me think of our little discussion on facebook a few weeks back regarding rendering Kitchens, you may have to reconsider your stance as I do think you can make your designs 'Pop' with Shaderlight without much effort and time.

      http://www.solos-art.com

      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • E
        ericschimel
        last edited by

        Oh yeah, this program has definitely made me reconsider my stance!

        I am now just trying to figure out the best way to upgrade my machine to decrease render time. I can get an 800x600 render in about 15 minutes if its complicated. If I want something at 1080p though, it can take hours.

        I have an AMD Phenom Black edition quad core 3.0ghz processor, but only 4 gig or RAM, I think the RAM is the thing that is holding me back at this point.

        -Eric
        http://plugin.sketchthis.net
        Sketchup Kitchen Design Plugin
        Custom Models

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • soloS
          solo
          last edited by

          We kinda OT however....

          I do not know the workings of Shaderlight, I'm assuming it's multicore but not sure about 64 bit as it works within SU and that could have effect on Ram.

          I'd suggest asking them what they would recommend as far as optimal rig goes for their app.

          http://www.solos-art.com

          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • E
            ericschimel
            last edited by

            They say RAM should do the trick. Its a separate application from Sketchup, and at this point, its not a 64 bit app (At least I am assuming because its in the x86 install folder)

            If I am correct, it won't be able to use more then 3gig of RAM because its not 64 bit? So upgrading to 8 would actually help, because just having my system loaded up eats up about 1.5 gig....

            -Eric
            http://plugin.sketchthis.net
            Sketchup Kitchen Design Plugin
            Custom Models

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • troyhomeT
              troyhome
              last edited by

              @chris fullmer said:

              So far your first one Adam is my favorite. ๐Ÿ‘

              There's a nice warmth and atmosphere to it...i'm cooking a Thea render that i hope has some of this quality...but we'll see.

              IOviz.com
              SU Pro 2024 PC

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • N
                notareal
                last edited by

                @unknownuser said:

                They say RAM should do the trick. Its a separate application from Sketchup, and at this point, its not a 64 bit app (At least I am assuming because its in the x86 install folder)

                If I am correct, it won't be able to use more then 3gig of RAM because its not 64 bit? So upgrading to 8 would actually help, because just having my system loaded up eats up about 1.5 gig....

                Limits for 32-bit program in 64-bit windows:

                @unknownuser said:

                2 GB with IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE cleared (default)
                4 GB with IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE set

                http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778%28VS.85%29.aspx

                Adding RAM will allow more 32-bit programs run without swapping, but the amount of memory available for each 32-bit program will stay same (2Gb or 4Gb, if large-address-aware flag is used).

                Welcome to try Thea Render, Thea support | kerkythea.net -team member

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • E
                  ericschimel
                  last edited by

                  It must be large address aware then, because it soaks up way more then 2gb of ram... Time to upgrade! ๐Ÿ˜„

                  -Eric
                  http://plugin.sketchthis.net
                  Sketchup Kitchen Design Plugin
                  Custom Models

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • M
                    martin-art
                    last edited by

                    I just wanted to clarify that Shaderlight will run as both a 32 bit and 64 bit system.

                    In our installer we tell Windows that it is a 32 bit system to avoid having 2 separate installers. But if you have 64 bit Windows then you will be running 64 bit Shaderlight (it will confirm this in the Help - About Shaderlight in the Shaderlight render Window. So Shaderlight will benefit from having more than 4Gb in the system and will use it.

                    Martin

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • E
                      ericschimel
                      last edited by

                      Cool! Good to know. So here's a question, if mine is installed in the x86 directory, does that mean its not running as a 64 bit app?

                      -Eric
                      http://plugin.sketchthis.net
                      Sketchup Kitchen Design Plugin
                      Custom Models

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • M
                        martin-art
                        last edited by

                        @unknownuser said:

                        Cool! Good to know. So here's a question, if mine is installed in the x86 directory, does that mean its not running as a 64 bit app?

                        No that is where it will be installed whether running as 32 bit or 64 bit. While rendering in the Shaderlight Render Window go to Help, About Shaderlight. This will tell you what version you are running. The information is not displayed in the SketchUp help menu just the Shaderlight one.

                        Martin

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • J
                          jsteacy
                          last edited by

                          I 'm trying to throw my hat in the ring a little more often but I'm still learning. Rendered in Thea, added vignetting in the first image to create a bit darker atmosphere in the room, not sure if it worked though. Just sun for lighting, which is why there is nothing in the windows. I love the blue in the skylights especially with the reflections. Does anyone know how I would get the same blue in the lower windows. I assume it has something to do with the horizon/atmosphere settings but I don't know. I uses adobe kuler for selection of the paint on the walls and the lamp over the table. I like the colors but they match the wood texture too much I think. If you haven't heard of Kuler, check it out, I think it's great for any designer. http://kuler.adobe.com/


                          thea render with vignetting


                          thea render

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • troyhomeT
                            troyhome
                            last edited by

                            Here's my Thea render- cropped in Photoshop...


                            only pp is crop in ps


                            color pp in ps

                            IOviz.com
                            SU Pro 2024 PC

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • S
                              samatall
                              last edited by

                              This is from RenderIn


                              Sisters-house su7.jpg

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • troyhomeT
                                troyhome
                                last edited by

                                After 3 hours in Thea there is still a ton of grain...


                                natural light2.png


                                Fotosketcher

                                IOviz.com
                                SU Pro 2024 PC

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • troyhomeT
                                  troyhome
                                  last edited by

                                  @samatall said:

                                  This is from RenderIn

                                  I like the ambient occlusion quality RenderIn has. I had to unload it because it interfered with SketchUp- every time i selected something and double clicked, the select tool would randomly become the paint bucket tool (i was constantly texturing things by accident) ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

                                  IOviz.com
                                  SU Pro 2024 PC

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • troyhomeT
                                    troyhome
                                    last edited by

                                    Okay- i got it to where i like it. 10 hrs + render time in Thea, minor color pp in PS


                                    10hr21min14sthea.png

                                    IOviz.com
                                    SU Pro 2024 PC

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • tridemT
                                      tridem
                                      last edited by

                                      Here's my attempt with Thea Render.
                                      cheers
                                      sisterkitchen-tridem.jpg

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • E
                                        ericschimel
                                        last edited by

                                        That's nice!

                                        Does the Thea render add that "Soap Opera" look? (I am not poking fun, it looks good!)

                                        -Eric
                                        http://plugin.sketchthis.net
                                        Sketchup Kitchen Design Plugin
                                        Custom Models

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • tridemT
                                          tridem
                                          last edited by

                                          ๐Ÿ˜† ...you mean the glare effect? yes is a thea tool

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • troyhomeT
                                            troyhome
                                            last edited by

                                            @unknownuser said:

                                            That's nice!

                                            Does the Thea render add that "Soap Opera" look? (I am not poking fun, it looks good!)

                                            Ha! i love it- that's what i'm calling it from now on ๐Ÿ˜„

                                            IOviz.com
                                            SU Pro 2024 PC

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 3 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement