sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    The Art of SketchUp - part 1: Fantasy

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    304 Posts 64 Posters 217.7k Views 64 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • L
      liam887
      last edited by

      Bravo Sir

      VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
      http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • holmes1977H
        holmes1977
        last edited by

        Flippin BRILLIANT 😎

        Exaggeration makes a dull story better.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • F
          fabrice de lyon
          last edited by

          Great job!
          Could you explain what tool you use to model cloth ? 😳

          http://lyon-en-1700.blogspot.fr/

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • L
            liam887
            last edited by

            @fabrice de lyon said:

            Great job!
            Could you explain what tool you use to model cloth ? 😳

            Whatts, SDS or Artisan perhaps? http://artisan4sketchup.com/

            VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
            http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • ken28875K
              ken28875
              last edited by

              @unknownuser said:

              So with modular composants (or not) maybe this new plug can interest you πŸ˜‰
              Random replacement of components 😎 by Sdmitch
              No limit of Sources and targets πŸ‘

              @ Pilou: Thanks for the plugin. However, this won't be useful as the layout of the castle has to be done manually by placing the pieces together. It's like an architect designing a building. All the walls have to be connected. You cannot place them randomly. But if my castle is destroyed and the pieces are all over the place, then maybe the plugin could be useful.

              @ holmes1977: thank you for your kind words, Jonathan.

              @liam887 said:

              @fabrice de lyon said:

              Great job!
              Could you explain what tool you use to model cloth ? 😳

              Whatts, SDS or Artisan perhaps? http://artisan4sketchup.com/

              @ Fabrice and Liam: Thanks for your comments. The answer to the question is d)none of the above. I do have SDS and Artisan, alghough I don't use them a lot in my Sketchup modeling workflow yet. I use basic "Box Modeling" or "Polygon Modeling" for most of my hard surface models and architecture stuff. For the cloths and most of my organic shapes (and sometimes for hard surface modeling too), I use a technique similar to "Nurbs Modeling" or "Spline and Patches". TIG's Extrude Edges tools and TGI3D work wonderfully to create faces/mesh and for moving vertices.

              @ Liam: check your email and let me know if you have more questions. I answered your question about getting a job in the game industry.

              Here are some more tents.

              Have a great day!

              _KN

              http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 03 tents b/A_C_spawn_tent_bandit_04.jpg

              http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 03 tents b/A_C_spawn_tent_smuggler_02.jpg

              http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 03 tents b/A_C_spawn_tent_smuggler_01.jpg

              http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 03 tents b/A_C_spawn_tent_elf_01.jpg

              http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 03 tents b/A_C_spawn_tent_mathosian_01.jpg

              http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 03 tents b/A_C_spawn_troll_tent_01.jpg

              http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 03 tents b/A_C_tent_troll_forest_01.jpg

              a few concepts for Axes:

              http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 03 tents b/1H_Axes_set_05.jpg

              http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 03 tents b/1H_Axes_set_05_skp.jpg

              Sketchup for Sci-Fi Art:
              http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=27030&p=337096#p337096
              My interview with Sketchupartists.org:
              http://www.sketchupartists.org/spotlight/artists/sketchup-art-in-the-online-game-industry/

              Follow Your Dreams.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • ken28875K
                ken28875
                last edited by

                More conceptual models.

                Have a nice day! β˜€

                _KN

                http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 11/A_C_arcane_tower_01.jpg

                http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 11/forge_library_skp.jpg

                http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 11/forge_library_skp_.jpg

                http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 11/iron_pine_forge_podium.jpg

                http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 11/A_F_iron_pine_forge_01_section.jpg

                Sketchup for Sci-Fi Art:
                http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=27030&p=337096#p337096
                My interview with Sketchupartists.org:
                http://www.sketchupartists.org/spotlight/artists/sketchup-art-in-the-online-game-industry/

                Follow Your Dreams.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • ken28875K
                  ken28875
                  last edited by

                  Hey guys,

                  I've been busy and did not have time to post anything the past month.

                  So here are some more concepts of tents as well as weapons from the game Rift.

                  Have a great one!

                  _KN

                  http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Group_03_tents_c/A_D_market_tents.jpg

                  http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Group_03_tents_c/A_P_centaur_tent_01.jpg

                  http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Group_03_tents_c/A_D_market_tent_02.jpg

                  http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Group_03_tents_c/1H_Maces_set_05.jpg

                  http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Group_03_tents_c/1H_maces_05_skp.jpg

                  Sketchup for Sci-Fi Art:
                  http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=27030&p=337096#p337096
                  My interview with Sketchupartists.org:
                  http://www.sketchupartists.org/spotlight/artists/sketchup-art-in-the-online-game-industry/

                  Follow Your Dreams.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • G
                    Ghalko
                    last edited by

                    Awesome! I played the 7 day free trial and wanted to explore more, see more of the world, but there were a lot of weird quests (kill 7 of these, bring back their hides) that I had to do in order to advance and not just get smooshed if I went to the next area. It really looks like quite a bit of fun that you are having, I need to get back into sketchup and such but I have a ton of things I need to do before I have any time again.

                    I look forward to seeing more! πŸŽ‰

                    Arrrggghhh! Why won't it make a face!!! Stupid, no good piece of... Oh look! The line went to the wrong point. Whew... moving on. (My fights with sketchup.)

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • ken28875K
                      ken28875
                      last edited by

                      @ghalko said:

                      Awesome! I played the 7 day free trial and wanted to explore more, see more of the world, but there were a lot of weird quests (kill 7 of these, bring back their hides) that I had to do in order to advance and not just get smooshed if I went to the next area. It really looks like quite a bit of fun that you are having, I need to get back into sketchup and such but I have a ton of things I need to do before I have any time again.

                      I look forward to seeing more! πŸŽ‰

                      Thanks, Bryan. I am glad you had fun playing the game Rift. Yes, some quests are weird like you said (e.g. kill 7 of these, bring back their hides). But this is how all MMOs are. You will have some similar quests in games like World of Warcraft, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Guild Wars, etc.

                      Here are some more Sketchup models for tents and weapons. I know, you all are probably tired of my tents. I'll post something else next time. πŸ˜‰

                      Take care,

                      _KN

                      http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Group_03_tents_d/arcane_large_tent.jpg

                      http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Group_03_tents_d/arcane_small_tent_side.jpg

                      http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Group_03_tents_d/arcane_small_tent_front.jpg

                      http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Group_03_tents_d/2H_Maces_02.jpg

                      http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Group_03_tents_d/2H_maces_02_skp.jpg

                      Sketchup for Sci-Fi Art:
                      http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=27030&p=337096#p337096
                      My interview with Sketchupartists.org:
                      http://www.sketchupartists.org/spotlight/artists/sketchup-art-in-the-online-game-industry/

                      Follow Your Dreams.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • artysmediaA
                        artysmedia
                        last edited by

                        I like the Iron pine forge! πŸ‘

                        Great job as ever! πŸ’š

                        Working with: Win7 64 bit OS - Core i5 - 2,27GHz and 8GB RAM

                        Blog: Artysmedia

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • ken28875K
                          ken28875
                          last edited by

                          @artysmedia said:

                          I like the Iron pine forge! πŸ‘

                          Great job as ever! πŸ’š

                          @ artysmedia: Thanks, Roberto. I hope all is well.

                          Here's a tree I modeled in Sketchup and brought into Vue for the 3D Environment 2011 competition I entered a couple of months ago. Unfortunately my render was not selected. But it was fun to do. The image below is actually a postwork in PS adding the foreground, waterfalls and some birds that could not be done for the original entry as the rule forbid any kind of postwork.

                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 04 a/3D_Env_competition_2011_skp_tree.jpg

                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 04 a/3D_Env_competition_2011_postwork.jpg

                          More stuff form the game Rift. I still have tons of them and will post them whenever I have time.

                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 04 a/A_F_crafting_workerbench_01.jpg

                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 04 a/A_P_workbench_wagon_01.jpg

                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 04 a/A_F_crafting_alchemy_01.jpg

                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 04 a/A_P_alchemy_tent_01.jpg

                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 04 a/Crossbows_concepts_01.jpg

                          Thanks for stopping and have a wonderful week!

                          Best,

                          _KN

                          Sketchup for Sci-Fi Art:
                          http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=27030&p=337096#p337096
                          My interview with Sketchupartists.org:
                          http://www.sketchupartists.org/spotlight/artists/sketchup-art-in-the-online-game-industry/

                          Follow Your Dreams.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • artysmediaA
                            artysmedia
                            last edited by

                            Yours Avatar's image is great, but i think the man has his left leg a little misplaced... πŸ˜•

                            Working with: Win7 64 bit OS - Core i5 - 2,27GHz and 8GB RAM

                            Blog: Artysmedia

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • hellnbakH
                              hellnbak
                              last edited by

                              What can I say, your work is amazing! I especially like the tree, I attempted to make a gnarled old tree several time, failed miserably. Any tips or secrets you'd like to reveal??

                              "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • pilouP
                                pilou
                                last edited by

                                Your gallery is truelly amazing! 😎

                                Frenchy Pilou
                                Is beautiful that please without concept!
                                My Little site :)

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • M
                                  mesadesign
                                  last edited by

                                  Awesome Work!

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • soloS
                                    solo
                                    last edited by

                                    http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup Fantasy group 04 a/3D_Env_competition_2011_postwork.jpg

                                    WOW!!!!

                                    http://www.solos-art.com

                                    If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • S
                                      swedishnitro
                                      last edited by

                                      Awesome, I didn't realise a lot of RIFT was developed in Sketchup! A conversation I keep having with people (particularly architects) is that they feel SU is a children's programme, which it's anything but. Seeing amazing stuff like this just gives me more answers to take on the naysayers. Keep up the great work.

                                      http://www.jordanjlloyd.me

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • M
                                        manwe
                                        last edited by

                                        @ken28875 said:

                                        @liam887 said:

                                        @fabrice de lyon said:

                                        Great job!
                                        Could you explain what tool you use to model cloth ? 😳

                                        Whatts, SDS or Artisan perhaps? http://artisan4sketchup.com/

                                        @ Fabrice and Liam: Thanks for your comments. The answer to the question is d)none of the above. I do have SDS and Artisan, alghough I don't use them a lot in my Sketchup modeling workflow yet. I use basic "Box Modeling" or "Polygon Modeling" for most of my hard surface models and architecture stuff. For the cloths and most of my organic shapes (and sometimes for hard surface modeling too), I use a technique similar to "Nurbs Modeling" or "Spline and Patches". TIG's Extrude Edges tools and TGI3D work wonderfully to create faces/mesh and for moving vertices.

                                        Few posts ago you were writing about your modeling techniques. I wonder if you could record a video showing your modeling methods while you are using Sketchup. I'm not asking you for tutorial, just for show. I know that you are pro, and working with Sketchup is your job so it can be impossible.

                                        Sorry for possible mistakes. I’m not English native speaker.

                                        My website: http://webnarts.pl

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • alvisA
                                          alvis
                                          last edited by

                                          Unlimited fantasy and extraordinary ability 😲

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • irwanwrI
                                            irwanwr
                                            last edited by

                                            @swedishnitro said:

                                            Awesome, I didn't realise a lot of RIFT was developed in Sketchup! A conversation I keep having with people (particularly architects) is that they feel SU is a children's programme, which it's anything but. Seeing amazing stuff like this just gives me more answers to take on the naysayers. Keep up the great work.

                                            πŸ‘
                                            that's what often i heard from most friends of mine which are also architects and civil engineers
                                            even my brother πŸ˜›

                                            i like that forest image. especially those trees and cliffs
                                            keep up the good work πŸ‘

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 15
                                            • 16
                                            • 4 / 16
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement