sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Invitation to the SketchUcation collection

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Woodworking
    155 Posts 26 Posters 233.2k Views 26 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Dave RD
      Dave R
      last edited by

      Pretty nice model, Stormking. I found a few small things that could be changed/cleaned up but overall it's pretty good. Do you have pictures of the actually unit you built? Could you share them?

      Etaoin Shrdlu

      %

      (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

      G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

      M30

      %

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        davidheim1
        last edited by

        A couple of additions:
        An American Empire-style chair with scroll arms, from "American Furniture Treasures." And a Hepplewhite drawer pull based on a design from Whitechapel Ltd. Both models are also in the 3D warehouse.
        As always, thanks to Dave Richards for casting his careful eye over the models and finding things that need to be fixed.
        Also as always, I'd appreciate any kind of feedback.
        Thanks,
        David


        hepplewhite pull.skp


        empire chair.skp

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • D
          davidheim1
          last edited by

          Having done some chairs, it was obviously time for me to make a table. You can see it in the 3D warehouse by following this link:

          Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

          favicon

          (sketchup.google.com)

          The file is too large (5+MB) to post here directly.
          As always, I'd appreciate feedback of all types.
          Best,
          david

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • K
            karen05
            last edited by

            It is very challenging to design or sketch a chair. This will build and enhance our artistic ability. In addition with that, I am very interested to see the American empire chair. I hope you will post it here.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • D
              davidheim1
              last edited by

              Dear Karen05,
              The chair is here. Look up a couple of entries to my post of February 12. You can also find the chair model on the 3D Warehouse by following this link:

              

              Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

              favicon

              (sketchup.google.com)

              Let me know what you think of the piece.
              Thanks,
              David

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • F
                frankwil
                last edited by

                A gate I made originally designed by a wonderful architect in Santa Fe in the 1930's.

                Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

                favicon

                (sketchup.google.com)

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Dave RD
                  Dave R
                  last edited by

                  Hi Frank,

                  That's a nice looking gate. Very sturdy, too. It is also an excellent illustration of how components can be used to reduce file size. I spent a few minutes fixing your model and reduced the file size by about 83%.

                  Thanks for posting the link to it.

                  Etaoin Shrdlu

                  %

                  (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                  G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                  M30

                  %

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • F
                    frankwil
                    last edited by

                    Thanks David. I wasn't even thinking along the size line when I submitted it. I went back and did the same thing on the model in the warehouse.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Dave RD
                      Dave R
                      last edited by

                      The link doesn't work anymore.

                      Etaoin Shrdlu

                      %

                      (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                      G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                      M30

                      %

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • P
                        peterA
                        last edited by

                        Here is a tool cabinet that I drew up for Popular Woodworking magazine. http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=c2ac91973d449b18738e43095496b061&prevstart=0

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Dave RD
                          Dave R
                          last edited by

                          Hi Peter,

                          I saw that cabinet the other day. Nice work. Welcome to SCF, too.

                          Etaoin Shrdlu

                          %

                          (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                          G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                          M30

                          %

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • StilTegS
                            StilTeg
                            last edited by

                            I also have a few like this one below ...
                            http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=da23d0bdcd1de093de909714df3390c0
                            Feel free to have a look at my other models ...

                            doing technical engineering on SketchUp ... without plugins

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Dave RD
                              Dave R
                              last edited by

                              Very nice. It looks like it would be an interesting piece to build.

                              If you were interested, you could do some things to improve the efficiency and reduce the file size.

                              Etaoin Shrdlu

                              %

                              (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                              G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                              M30

                              %

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • StilTegS
                                StilTeg
                                last edited by

                                @dave r said:

                                If you were interested, you could do some things to improve the efficiency and reduce the file size.

                                I am sure of that. This one is a real one we have in our appartment and that my girlfriend spent >1 year to have back to new. It was one of my first "accurate" models, and I have improved my skills in the meantime, but I am not sure I want to dig in it again to improve it 😉

                                doing technical engineering on SketchUp ... without plugins

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Dave RD
                                  Dave R
                                  last edited by

                                  Sometimes it is better to just move on. 😉

                                  Etaoin Shrdlu

                                  %

                                  (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                  G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                  M30

                                  %

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • N
                                    neoshed
                                    last edited by

                                    Here's a few models that might be of use. I haven't put them up on the warehouse yet.

                                    http://www.neoshed.com/misc/german_toolbox.rar

                                    http://www.neoshed.com/misc/aw_shopcab_dec_2001.rar

                                    http://www.neoshed.com/misc/shop_notes_sled.rar

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • S
                                      Scott M
                                      last edited by

                                      Does this one make the cut? Any sugestions are welcome http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=fbd5d9484570fd0d2061e5f70eec8d9&prevstart=0

                                      https://www.youtube.com/user/ecabinetstips

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • S
                                        Scott M
                                        last edited by

                                        Here is another modle I just finished this morning.I am looking forward to any feedback.http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=de6615c623a9b849d2061e5f70eec8d9

                                        https://www.youtube.com/user/ecabinetstips

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Dave RD
                                          Dave R
                                          last edited by

                                          Hi Scott,

                                          Your bookcase looks pretty nice. It's a pretty big file for what it is. It could use some improvements in efficiency and you could reduce the number of segments in the various curves without losing any appreciable detail. The bird feeder also looks nice but it could do with some improvements as well. Keep plugging away. It'll come.

                                          Etaoin Shrdlu

                                          %

                                          (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                          G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                          M30

                                          %

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • S
                                            Scott M
                                            last edited by

                                            @dave r said:

                                            Hi Scott,

                                            Your bookcase looks pretty nice. It's a pretty big file for what it is. It could use some improvements in efficiency and you could reduce the number of segments in the various curves without losing any appreciable detail. The bird feeder also looks nice but it could do with some improvements as well. Keep plugging away. It'll come.

                                            What do you suggest on improving efficiency I know the curves on the arc and the moldings have a lot of segements but but that was to decrease the fasisting when machiened on the cnc. Also what are your sugestions on the feeder. It to was drawn up for cnc machining. Thanks for your imput.

                                            https://www.youtube.com/user/ecabinetstips

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 2 / 8
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement