sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    My life...

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    55 Posts 27 Posters 9.9k Views 27 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • K
      kwistenbiebel
      last edited by

      😄 Thanks Sid.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pilouP
        pilou
        last edited by

        Do you know this another big cathedral? 😉

        Frenchy Pilou
        Is beautiful that please without concept!
        My Little site :)

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • F
          fbartels
          last edited by

          Chris,

          That second image is brilliant. Nice envelope pushing! Be careful or you'll spend the rest of your life designing 21st century cathedrals. Just curious, have you given any thought to the exterior form of these spaces?

          Fred

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • K
            kwistenbiebel
            last edited by

            @fbartels said:

            Chris,
            Just curious, have you given any thought to the exterior form of these spaces?
            Fred

            No not really, I was more curious about the spatial implications than the exterior.
            From the outside, it momentarily looks like a sponge 😄

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • boofredlayB
              boofredlay
              last edited by

              Fantastic stuff.

              http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • urgenU
                urgen
                last edited by

                ...coool!!! 😄 👍

                --pupil forever...------

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • EdsonE
                  Edson
                  last edited by

                  biebel,

                  too bad you were just a kid when the star wars series was started: you could have become famous as their set designer.

                  my respect and admiration to you. 👍

                  edson mahfuz, architect| porto alegre • brasil
                  http://www.mahfuz.arq.br

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • K
                    kwistenbiebel
                    last edited by

                    Thanks guys...and Edson, I am 34, shouldn't I have seen those series?
                    I did see the old BattleStar Galactica one (love those cylons), Blake7 (which was great),Buck Rogers (still have the hots for Wilma) and the best of all: The Tripods, scary as hell.

                    The Brittish Sci-Fi series rocked 👍

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • T
                      THAATIBA
                      last edited by

                      Damn, that's wicked 😎

                      Hi!, i'm a musician...

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • K
                        kwistenbiebel
                        last edited by

                        Thank you very much, Twharvey, for the model of the Stonehenge site you uploaded on 3D Warehouse.
                        It served really well as background for this scene.

                        I think I accidentally solved the mystery of Stonehenge 😄 :

                        http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r3/kwistenbiebel1/mystery-of-stonehenge-small.jpg

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • EdsonE
                          Edson
                          last edited by

                          @kwistenbiebel said:

                          Thanks guys...and Edson, I am 34, shouldn't I have seen those series?
                          I did see the old BattleStar Galactica one (love those cylons), Blake7 (which was great),Buck Rogers (still have the hots for Wilma) and the best of all: The Tripods, scary as hell.

                          The Brittish Sci-Fi series rocked 👍

                          my memory is beginning to fail... what i intended to refer to was STAR TREK not Star Wars! hope captain kirk can forgive me for that.

                          edson mahfuz, architect| porto alegre • brasil
                          http://www.mahfuz.arq.br

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • K
                            kwistenbiebel
                            last edited by

                            I changed some things (textures, F-stop value, etc...) in the stonehenge model.
                            The bump on the stone came out a bit harsh.

                            To view full size: (Firefox:right click- view image) (IExplorer:right click - image save as)

                            http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r3/kwistenbiebel1/henge.jpg

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • marked001M
                              marked001
                              last edited by

                              haha..very clever 😄

                              i think i prefer the first stone texture though.. both look like elephant skin though 😉

                              http://www.revision21vis.com

                              instagram: revi21on

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • K
                                kwistenbiebel
                                last edited by

                                You're right about the stone texture.
                                I'll re-render with a better one when I find the time.
                                Thanks for your remark.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • soloS
                                  solo
                                  last edited by

                                  I think it looks fantastic, I love the SSS on the insect.

                                  How about a Dung beetle with a poop ball next? 💚

                                  http://www.solos-art.com

                                  If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • K
                                    kwistenbiebel
                                    last edited by

                                    @solo said:

                                    How about a Dung beetle with a poop ball next? 💚

                                    🤣

                                    I don't usually do self-portraits.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • soloS
                                      solo
                                      last edited by

                                      🤣 👍

                                      http://www.solos-art.com

                                      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • M
                                        miguelpgh
                                        last edited by

                                        where can I get this plugin? (URL)

                                        kwistenbiebel, could you send me the model.skp or a link where i could download it?

                                        thanks

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                        Register Login
                                        • 1
                                        • 2
                                        • 3
                                        • 1 / 3
                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        Buy SketchPlus
                                        Buy SUbD
                                        Buy WrapR
                                        Buy eBook
                                        Buy Modelur
                                        Buy Vertex Tools
                                        Buy SketchCuisine
                                        Buy FormFonts

                                        Advertisement