sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Green Toaster's Car Sketches

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    745 Posts 45 Posters 285.5k Views 45 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • G
      GreenToaster
      last edited by

      . . . what do they say - if you don't at least try then you're guaranteed to fail? So true, eh?

      Happy Sketching,

      Brad
      πŸ˜„


      bw_car_rename_047_B_04.JPG


      bw_car_rename_047_B_05.JPG

      If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • MarianM
        Marian
        last edited by

        So..more than 200 😲 ..you'll end up like some painters, maybe in 100 years your models will sell for millions of $ πŸ˜„
        I don't think there's anyone who can model exactly what they imagine.Most of the time i just start with an idea for a shape, start to make it and always ends up different than the concept, sometimes better sometimes worse.I would love to still have the patience and passion for drawing like i had before i got my first computer. Now i find i lack the patience and skill to draw what i imagine and it's very frustrating.I guess that's what you are feeling when your cars don't come out more like you would have wished.But you are persistent and one of these days you'll amaze us all, maybe even you with your cars.

        Keep on Sketching and Sketchupping πŸ˜›

        http://marian87.deviantart.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • G
          GreenToaster
          last edited by

          @unknownuser said:

          . . . maybe in 100 years your models will sell for millions of $ πŸ˜„
          I'd be happy with a job at Google for much less.

          😍

          That's my ultimate dream - to finish my Master's degree in adult tech-ed, then send someone at Google a resume & portfolio. I have a year to work on this and obviously, I'll have to develop some rendering skills as well. Those years teaching adult CAD classes for PTC, Bentley, Autodesk and others might actually pay off someday - who knows?

          Thanks for the encouraging words.

          As always, happy Sketching,

          Brad

          If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • G
            GreenToaster
            last edited by

            . . . so . . . I got to sketch this car during first block this morning - some of the students liked it . . . it was "very quick", thus several areas need fixing - but, it's just a quick concept, so, that's almost irrelevant . . .


            bw_class_car_001.JPG

            If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • G
              GreenToaster
              last edited by

              . . . someone asked for a "four minute car" . . . couldn't resist the challenge . . .


              bw_class_car_002.JPG

              If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • G
                GreenToaster
                last edited by

                . . . okay, I'm only getting a little bit closer & I'm still very far away from the original, but hey, I'm having fun . . . are you?

                😍

                Happy Sketching,

                Brad
                πŸ˜„


                bw_class_car_002_A_02.jpg

                If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • pilouP
                  pilou
                  last edited by

                  Seems you must make an automotive poster with all that! 😎

                  Frenchy Pilou
                  Is beautiful that please without concept!
                  My Little site :)

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • G
                    GreenToaster
                    last edited by

                    @unknownuser said:

                    Seems you must make an automotive poster with all that!
                    Oui, merci.

                    . . . here's a mini, mini van . . .


                    bw_car_08846_A_01.jpg

                    If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • romboutR
                      rombout
                      last edited by

                      He guys...
                      nice thread this one. But with what tools do you do the modelling in SU...
                      is this done woth the terrain tool. Ive seen posts here where they tell they made car bodies in 5-10 minutes

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • G
                        GreenToaster
                        last edited by

                        I model quickly and create 90% of the concepts in just a few minutes. ~95% of these concept sketches use only SketchUp with no additional scripts added. I do like some of the scripts like SketchyFFD and a few others but all scripts seem to have advantages and disadvantages. What's the terrain tool? Did you watch any of the car tutorial videos I posted several months ago? They pretty much suck, however, I believe some of the basic geometry creation & editing methods I use are conveyed in an understandable manner.

                        I'm looking for the elusive script that gives the user "instant aesthetic prowess" . . . I don't think that one has been written yet . . .

                        At this point in my modeling status, I neither have the time, talent, patience or desire to model professionally rendered, fully detailed concept cars. Sometimes, I get a little closer to this result, but then I move on to the next one . . . quick concept sketching is what I enjoy the most.

                        Happy Sketching,

                        Brad
                        πŸ˜„

                        If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • G
                          GreenToaster
                          last edited by

                          . . . CFTD . . .


                          bw_car_rename_049_A_01.jpg


                          bw_car_rename_049_A_03.jpg


                          bw_car_rename_049_A_02.jpg

                          If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • G
                            GreenToaster
                            last edited by

                            . . . time for some new wheels . . .


                            bw_car_rename_049_B_01.jpg

                            If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • RayOchoaR
                              RayOchoa
                              last edited by

                              nice enzo

                              CaR DeSiGnS bY mE
                              http://ray-ochoa.com

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • G
                                GreenToaster
                                last edited by

                                Thanks - I admit, the Enzo was part of the inspiration for this one - guess that's obvious - guess that means I did something right this time?

                                My answer to the question "Was this design successful?" is always "Would you want to be seen driving it?" I think this one is a "yes" but that's just my opinion.

                                If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • pilouP
                                  pilou
                                  last edited by

                                  Maybe you can use this very original presentation? πŸ˜‰

                                  Frenchy Pilou
                                  Is beautiful that please without concept!
                                  My Little site :)

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Roguer1R
                                    Roguer1
                                    last edited by

                                    I think that mini mini van looks great. I have wanted ,for a while, to build a mini van style vehicle..More of a coupe than a van

                                    Here is a quick sketch of something I came up with a year or two ago
                                    Rogue Targa Vaser EX.jpg

                                    Find all my models on the 3D Warehouse

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • G
                                      GreenToaster
                                      last edited by

                                      @unknownuser said:

                                      I think that mini mini van looks great.

                                      Thank you.

                                      This car . . . well, everyone has a bad day . . . this is probably an accurate reflection of my "bad day car" . . . 🀒 . . .


                                      bw_car_M_0004_B_01.jpg

                                      If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • RayOchoaR
                                        RayOchoa
                                        last edited by

                                        he he i think it would be cool if your car transformed into a diffrent shape depending on your mood πŸ˜†

                                        CaR DeSiGnS bY mE
                                        http://ray-ochoa.com

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • G
                                          GreenToaster
                                          last edited by

                                          . . . wip . . .


                                          bw_car_rename_052_A_01.jpg

                                          If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • G
                                            GreenToaster
                                            last edited by

                                            . . . cftd . . .


                                            bw_car_rename_055_A_01.jpg


                                            bw_car_rename_055_A_02.jpg

                                            If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 37
                                            • 38
                                            • 4 / 38
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement