sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Green Toaster's Car Sketches

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    745 Posts 45 Posters 285.6k Views 45 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • G
      GreenToaster
      last edited by

      . . . I don't like the technique I used for this one but hey, for a five minute car, what do you expect . . . at least it's a little more "exciting" or sporty than the last one . . .


      bw_car_0557_A_01.jpg


      bw_car_0557_A_02.jpg


      bw_car_0557_A_03.jpg

      If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • C
        CADken
        last edited by

        well, here is a quick post to show off what I've been working on, purely off blueprints, intersecting shapes and what have you... I tried to create a mapped layer to shape the body (kind of like in 3Ds Max) but I found it much easier to tweak solids and such...

        here's my Fire Engine (WIP):

        http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/KensNikonL3/windowswheels.jpg

        i'm liking your various models tho, keep it up! πŸ‘

        "it seems like everything I do is a work in progress..."

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • G
          GreenToaster
          last edited by

          Nice truck - I like it!

          Here's another experiment - I'm not taking many chances with this idea, just something a little different in a couple of areas.

          Happy Sketching,

          Brad
          πŸ˜„


          bw_car_0558_A_01.jpg


          bw_car_0558_A_02.jpg


          bw_car_0558_A_03.jpg

          If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • G
            GreenToaster
            last edited by

            . . . another slight variation on the same theme . . . (yawn) . . .


            bw_car_0560_A_01.jpg

            If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • G
              GreenToaster
              last edited by

              . . . C4T . . . didn't do the back or wheel well areas . . . maybe later . . .


              bw_car-08730_A_01.JPG


              bw_car-08730_A_02.JPG


              bw_car-08730_A_03.JPG

              If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • G
                GreenToaster
                last edited by

                . . . and another very quick one . . . again, same theme . . . nothing drastic or new . . .


                bw_car-08731_A_01.JPG


                bw_car-08731_A_02.JPG

                If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • G
                  GreenToaster
                  last edited by

                  . . . something a wee bit different . . . ultra-quick sketch of a car - a vaguely inspired version of an Audi A2 (if you really use your imagination you might see a slight resemblance) . . .

                  Happy Sketching,

                  Brad
                  πŸ˜„


                  bw_car_00732_A_01.jpg

                  If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • G
                    GreenToaster
                    last edited by

                    . . . another bland silly-quick what if . . .


                    bw_car_00733_A_01.jpg

                    If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • B
                      Bob C.
                      last edited by

                      Brad,

                      I would love to see your tutorial for the top done in Camtasia, please!

                      Bob C.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • G
                        GreenToaster
                        last edited by

                        Bob,

                        I have a copy of Camtasia but I've never used it. I will try to see where it is and then find out what I can do with it - the animated gif tutorials I've done thus far aren't very good.

                        Happy Sketching,

                        Brad
                        πŸ˜„

                        If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • G
                          GreenToaster
                          last edited by

                          . . . while trying to figure out how to do the Camtasia tutorial, I put a top and fixed the body of this one . . . I'm finding I have lots of "pieces" of cars - many that were started but never finished . . . well, actually, I guess I've never finished any of them to the point where I've added all the details and then rendered with Kerkythea (sp?) or whatever . . .

                          Oh well, happy Sketching,

                          Brad
                          πŸ˜„


                          bw_car_0561_A_01.jpg

                          If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • G
                            GreenToaster
                            last edited by

                            . . . blah, blah, blah . . .


                            bw_car_0561_A_02.jpg


                            bw_car_0561_A_03.jpg

                            If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • G
                              GreenToaster
                              last edited by

                              . . . not really sure what this is - micro van?


                              bw_car_0562_A_01.jpg

                              If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • RayOchoaR
                                RayOchoa
                                last edited by

                                This is nice.... Glad to see you trying new things

                                CaR DeSiGnS bY mE
                                http://ray-ochoa.com

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • G
                                  GreenToaster
                                  last edited by

                                  . . . thanks Ray . . .

                                  . . . here's another "generic Green Toaster car body" but I'm using a technique that's even faster than what I've done before - total time: 6.00 minutes start to finish (excluding wheels) . . .


                                  bw_car_08711_A_01.jpg

                                  If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • G
                                    GreenToaster
                                    last edited by

                                    . . . added a small detail . . .

                                    Happy Sketching,

                                    Brad
                                    πŸ˜„


                                    bw_car_08711_B_01.jpg

                                    If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • G
                                      GreenToaster
                                      last edited by

                                      . . . last one for the week . . . I'm guessing ~96% of these cars is undone when I post them . . . oh well . . .

                                      I can possibly take the time to do a Camtasia tutorial if there's a "significant" interest - if someone can learn something useful from it. If there's a reasonable response for it, I'll put the video tutorial in the Tutorials forum and mention it here.

                                      Thanks & happy Sketching,

                                      Brad
                                      πŸ˜„


                                      bw_car_0565_A_01.jpg


                                      bw_car_0565_A_02.jpg


                                      bw_car_0565_A_03.jpg

                                      If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • RayOchoaR
                                        RayOchoa
                                        last edited by

                                        This is the last car ive done. What do you think? I wuz trying to make the Saleen Raptor but it ended up as sum else.


                                        GXC Prototype.jpg

                                        CaR DeSiGnS bY mE
                                        http://ray-ochoa.com

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • G
                                          GreenToaster
                                          last edited by

                                          Ray, that's very nice - how long did it take, from start to final render?

                                          If you really want something you won't ever stop pursuing it.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • RayOchoaR
                                            RayOchoa
                                            last edited by

                                            well i worked on it for 1 hour one day and the second day (which was yesterday) I finished it. I let the render animation on for the night and uploaded it today in the mornin.

                                            CaR DeSiGnS bY mE
                                            http://ray-ochoa.com

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 34
                                            • 35
                                            • 36
                                            • 37
                                            • 38
                                            • 36 / 38
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement