sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Ceramic 3D Prints

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    25 Posts 11 Posters 4.7k Views 11 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • HornOxxH
      HornOxx
      last edited by

      Great!
      had not yet realized that 3D printing also works with ceramic material
      and your "fancy e-cigs" close ups I have first mistaken for dentist drills
      πŸ˜† πŸ‘
      What does "traditionally slip cast" mean?

      never trust a skinny cook

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • cottyC
        cotty
        last edited by

        @utiler said:

        Oli / Cotty, do you guys have a YouTube channel? would love to see how you get such good results from SDS / Artisan... [I assume]

        I do have a youtube channel, but no Artisan examples there (yet). But I and others hae uploaded a lot of examples (proxy geometry and results) in this topic: http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=335%26amp;t=42938

        my SketchUp gallery

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • utilerU
          utiler
          last edited by

          @cotty said:

          @utiler said:

          Oli / Cotty, do you guys have a YouTube channel? would love to see how you get such good results from SDS / Artisan... [I assume]

          I do have a youtube channel, but no Artisan examples there (yet). But I and others hae uploaded a lot of examples (proxy geometry and results) in this topic: http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=335%26amp;t=42938

          Thanks mate! That's right you do!! πŸ‘

          Just Curious...

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • olisheaO
            olishea
            last edited by

            I do have youtube stuff but its really old and nothing to do with Artisan really.

            Yes this was all made completely inside SU using only the Artisan plugin and TIG's Split Donut.

            Cotty's Artisan thread has every bit of info you need really, just stick to quads if possible and avoid too many poles and n-gons. Subdivision modelling takes some patience to get accurate shapes but it does work. Some trial and error involved.....but thom thom's Sub-D plugin should eliminate the guess work in the future as it's non-destructive. πŸ˜‰

            [quote="HornOxx"]
            What does "traditionally slip cast" mean?

            Thanks mate! Slip Casting is a traditional manufacturing technique for casting ceramic shapes. It involves the use of a silicone mould and the ceramic is forced into this mould. The problem is; you can not achieve these shapes with traditional techniques; it would be impossible to remove the mould. All angles would have to be 45 degree fillets to allow the mould to be pulled off.

            Essentially, these can only ever be 3D printed. Which is cool....but quite expensive. You can't achieve these tight radii any other way basically.

            oli

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • utilerU
              utiler
              last edited by

              Cheers Oli.... I'll try spend some time sifting through.

              Just Curious...

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • RichardR
                Richard
                last edited by

                I think there is a market for these Oli! I can see these sitting on a bedside table displaying all sorts of battery powered devices!

                BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • olisheaO
                  olishea
                  last edited by

                  @utiler said:

                  Cheers Oli.... I'll try spend some time sifting through.

                  If you need any specific help please do not hesitate to message me or point me towards one of your threads. I really don't mind helping people out. Subdivision modelling is extremely fun. Yes I did just say that. FML. πŸ˜†

                  @richard said:

                  I think there is a market for these Oli! I can see these sitting on a bedside table displaying all sorts of battery powered devices!

                  lol you're filth Richard! πŸ˜„

                  But yes there is a market i'm being inundated with messages but I have to sell them on pre-order because the lead time for printing is 5 weeks at the moment! 😞 I've had a few shops email me too which is nice.

                  I got banned from a facebook group for advertising....then the admin messaged me asking for a bulk price on all the stands. No need to say I told them where to go!!! πŸ˜†

                  oli

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • cottyC
                    cotty
                    last edited by

                    πŸ‘ πŸ˜„

                    my SketchUp gallery

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • utilerU
                      utiler
                      last edited by

                      @richard said:

                      I think there is a market for these Oli! I can see these sitting on a bedside table displaying all sorts of battery powered devices!

                      Your mind's never too far from the gutter, Rich. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

                      Just Curious...

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • RichardR
                        Richard
                        last edited by

                        @utiler said:

                        @richard said:

                        I think there is a market for these Oli! I can see these sitting on a bedside table displaying all sorts of battery powered devices!

                        Your mind's never too far from the gutter, Rich. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

                        Dam, and here's me thinking I was totally immersed in the gutter 24/7. πŸ˜‰

                        BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 2 / 2
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement