sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Rosedale

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    25 Posts 15 Posters 2.1k Views 15 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • tademaT
      tadema
      last edited by

      Hello pejman, the shrubs and trees are mainly placed in PS. The Ivy on the house is two PNG's, rotated and copied many times to make up a "bush". Here is the render output, hope you understand.
      Thanks Daniel, a good few mistakes if you zoom in ๐Ÿ˜‰
      Hello box, "So it's time to do something else" Your correct, I've a million things I could do instead so please feel free to take my place.
      take care
      John


      201.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • allanxA
        allanx
        last edited by

        Very real John, very real ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ...is this Maxwell Render?

        allanx

        Portfolio

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • marked001M
          marked001
          last edited by

          awesome, as usual. I like this one alot (ok, I like all of them alot)

          i'm not totally sold on the gate though.. its too bright? or?

          http://www.revision21vis.com

          instagram: revi21on

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • R
            Roger
            last edited by

            Nice detail: mineral stain on the roof flashing, and the overhead electrics, and even the cat door (?) on the roof.

            http://www.azcreative.com

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • R
              Roger
              last edited by

              The loop on the wiring should dip further so water drops from the bottom of the loop and is not led to the house.

              http://www.azcreative.com

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • BoxB
                Box
                last edited by

                Hey John ignore me, that was meant to be a joke, but reading it this morning makes me realise how unfunny I am when drinking.

                Amazing work, outstanding, I couldn't get near it in a hundred lifetimes.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • cheddaC
                  chedda
                  last edited by

                  Your making me nostalgic for England John, well done again !

                  Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • tademaT
                    tadema
                    last edited by

                    Thank you all.
                    Allan, it's V-ray but I only know the very basics, relying more on PS.
                    Jason, the gate is too far back, should have altered it.
                    Roger, lol cat flap! now there is only someone like you with a photographers eye that would notice the loop in the wire ๐Ÿ˜„
                    Ben, no problems, I read it the wrong way ๐Ÿ˜„
                    Chedda, there are still some nice places here (I think), this is just the type of house I like to model.

                    John

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Bryan KB
                      Bryan K
                      last edited by

                      My jaw hurts in awe. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜„

                      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • EscapeArtistE
                        EscapeArtist
                        last edited by

                        When can I move in?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • boofredlayB
                          boofredlay
                          last edited by

                          Gobs of coolness.

                          http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • T
                            the.pjt
                            last edited by

                            wow thank a lot many times John for sharing your valuble knowledge .... thanks

                            So .. it was More photoshop and less modeling ... very nice 2D elements .. and color was matched perfectly ... โ˜€

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • R
                              Roger
                              last edited by

                              @tadema said:

                              Thank you all.
                              Allan, it's V-ray but I only know the very basics, relying more on PS.
                              Jason, the gate is too far back, should have altered it.
                              Roger, lol cat flap! now there is only someone like you with a photographers eye that would notice the loop in the wire ๐Ÿ˜„
                              Ben, no problems, I read it the wrong way ๐Ÿ˜„
                              Chedda, there are still some nice places here (I think), this is just the type of house I like to model.

                              John

                              It might be the photographers eye, but it was really a case of knowing nothing about electronics when passing through the Army's basic signal officers course. Since I knew so little about electronics, I tended to latch onto simple things like putting a deep loop in the wire to avoid short circuits and wet interior spaces. However, I still remember the difference between time division multiplexing and frequency division multiplexing and use it to assert technological superiority over those who display shakier tech knowledge than I have.

                              http://www.azcreative.com

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • pbacotP
                                pbacot
                                last edited by

                                John,

                                The house itself is wonderful in detailing and you've managed to give it a real volumetric or 3d feel in the picture, more so than usual.

                                When would this house have been built. I guess it is a "revival" style of Tudor? Arts & Crafts?

                                Peter

                                MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • tademaT
                                  tadema
                                  last edited by

                                  Thanks again everyone.
                                  pejman, I wouldn't say it's more PS than Sketchup, a half decent model is the basis of any render.
                                  Peter, to hazard a guess I would say 1920' / 30's but TIG or one of the more knowledgeable members than me would know better.
                                  Roger, your grasp of electronics certainly puts my placement of cat-flaps to shame ๐Ÿ˜„
                                  John

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • R
                                    Roger
                                    last edited by

                                    @tadema said:

                                    Thanks again everyone.
                                    pejman, I wouldn't say it's more PS than Sketchup, a half decent model is the basis of any render.
                                    Peter, to hazard a guess I would say 1920' / 30's but TIG or one of the more knowledgeable members than me would know better.
                                    Roger, your grasp of electronics certainly puts my placement of cat-flaps to shame ๐Ÿ˜„
                                    John

                                    My late mother, who looked a lot like Queen Elizabeth, used to say the English have no sense of humor, but you have proved her wrong.

                                    http://www.azcreative.com

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • T
                                      the.pjt
                                      last edited by

                                      Yeh John ... your modeling , and specially texturing is also perfect ...

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • jo-keJ
                                        jo-ke
                                        last edited by

                                        ๐Ÿ˜„ I like the cat!

                                        Thanks for sharing with us!

                                        http://www.zz7.de

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • DanielD
                                          Daniel
                                          last edited by

                                          I guess now I should say "purrrfect" (sound of collective groan)
                                          So...it's the home of a crazy cat lady? Someone you know?

                                          My avatar is an anachronism.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • J
                                            jpalm32
                                            last edited by

                                            Bet you will never run out of interesting houses there!
                                            Great stuff!

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement