sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Stapler

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    22 Posts 10 Posters 2.7k Views 10 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • HumpmetwiceH
      Humpmetwice
      last edited by

      Heres my attempt.


      1.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • W
        wyatt
        last edited by

        Quick one in Shaderlight.
        Stapler.png

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • jason_marantoJ
          jason_maranto
          last edited by

          Maxwell Render and a bit of post work.

          stapler.jpg

          Best,
          Jason.

          I create video tutorial series about several 2D & 3D graphics programs.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • unigamiU
            unigami
            last edited by

            Just a fast try with Kerkythea and some pixie dust....

            staplerKT.jpg

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • D
              dsarchs
              last edited by

              Great model! Can I recommend adding a very subtle chamfer on the rubber edges? In the renderings the metal looks believable but the rubber looks a little too sharp.

              Knowledge is a polite word for dead but not buried imagination.

              -e.e.cummings

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • C
                cpdesign
                last edited by

                A quick pass in low settings with a filter added in PS

                http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7130/stapler.jpg

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • C
                  chocolate_fou
                  last edited by

                  @unknownuser said:

                  Quick render at work (don't tell my boss πŸ’š). TwilightRender - easy10. Illuminated with HDR (room).
                  [attachment=0:1i7942se]<!-- ia0 -->stapler.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1i7942se]

                  Thanks dereeei!nicely done... TwilightRender works well for you..

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • C
                    chocolate_fou
                    last edited by

                    @unknownuser said:

                    Heres my attempt.

                    Nice!may I know which medium you used? back-edges? Thanks!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • C
                      chocolate_fou
                      last edited by

                      @jason_maranto said:

                      Maxwell Render and a bit of post work.

                      [attachment=0:2u5u4m98]<!-- ia0 -->stapler.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2u5u4m98]

                      Best,
                      Jason.

                      Thanks Jason! nice work!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • C
                        chocolate_fou
                        last edited by

                        @unigami said:

                        Just a fast try with Kerkythea and some pixie dust....

                        [attachment=0:3r4kzhyd]<!-- ia0 -->staplerKT.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:3r4kzhyd]

                        Thanks!!!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • C
                          chocolate_fou
                          last edited by

                          @dsarchs said:

                          Great model! Can I recommend adding a very subtle chamfer on the rubber edges? In the renderings the metal looks believable but the rubber looks a little too sharp.

                          Thanks for the comment..actually the original material of the stapler is stainless steel and plastic..

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • C
                            chocolate_fou
                            last edited by

                            @cpdesign said:

                            A quick pass in low settings with a filter added in PS

                            http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7130/stapler.jpg

                            Thank you...

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • C
                              chocolate_fou
                              last edited by

                              I am currently using Vray for sketchup. I just can't seem to get the stainless steel effect with regards it its materials applications. Any suggestions? advice?

                              Thanks again in advance!

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • M
                                mwm5053
                                last edited by

                                Here,s mine in KT brushed stainless and blue plastic


                                stapler (Small).jpg

                                2011 iMac
                                SU 2015 Pro, 2017 Make
                                V2 Twilight
                                macOS Sierra 10.12.5

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • C
                                  chocolate_fou
                                  last edited by

                                  @mwm5053 said:

                                  Here,s mine in KT brushed stainless and blue plastic

                                  Nice..thanks for trying.. This is actually my first post here..I have other sketchup models. maybe I'll post them too and ask you again guys to render it.. πŸ˜„
                                  πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • C
                                    chocolate_fou
                                    last edited by

                                    Here's from a good friend 'PAP'.. Thanks bro..


                                    STAPLER.jpg

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • dereiD
                                      derei
                                      last edited by

                                      @chocolate_fou said:

                                      Nice..thanks for trying.. This is actually my first post here..I have other sketchup models. maybe I'll post them too and ask you again guys to render it.. πŸ˜„
                                      πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„

                                      Why don't you give it a try? There is Kerkythea (free), Twilight Render (full features, for learning is as "free" as possible), Maxwell Render free for sketchup πŸ˜‰ ... So the possibilities are here ! πŸ’š

                                      DESIGNER AND ARTIST DEREI.UK

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • C
                                        chocolate_fou
                                        last edited by

                                        @unknownuser said:

                                        @chocolate_fou said:

                                        Nice..thanks for trying.. This is actually my first post here..I have other sketchup models. maybe I'll post them too and ask you again guys to render it.. πŸ˜„
                                        πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„

                                        Why don't you give it a try? There is Kerkythea (free), Twilight Render (full features, for learning is as "free" as possible), Maxwell Render free for sketchup πŸ˜‰ ... So the possibilities are here ! πŸ’š

                                        I tried kerkythea once and twilight render but i didn't had that much time learning it.. as of now Vray for sketchup quite works for me..but I might try those render engines again sometimes...thanks for the motivation dereei!

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • W
                                          wyatt
                                          last edited by

                                          Still not perfect, but I'm happier with this one, also from Shaderlight.
                                          Render5.png

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • EscapeArtistE
                                            EscapeArtist
                                            last edited by

                                            I believe you have my stapler?

                                            http://wiki.ytmnd.com/images/7/70/Stapler.jpg

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement