sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    LIBRARY RENDER. PLEASE HAVE A LOOK

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    22 Posts 11 Posters 3.1k Views 11 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T
      TLD
      last edited by

      @dorfpunk said:

      That looks really good. The sharpness point is well made. The chairs look a bit too intense in the foreground - too shiny for an indoor shot. The plants look a little bit too much the same. I really like the windows and relationship with outside. It reminds me of the little library I used to hang out in on cold days when I was living in Berlin. There are a couple of textures that are tiling a bit but then again carpet really does that, as does the wood vaneer used for most shelving so I don't know.

      Anyway, that's my opinion - great stuff. πŸ‘

      Thank you very much for your comment. The library is a full scale design with identical reading modules placed on different landings. I have noted the tiling issue and the chairs may just be a little too shiny for the interior shot...(still getting a hang of materials) the carpet...is a default sketchup material. Any help on making carpets look more in depth and realistic is welcomed.

      The plants were rotated a bit to make them look uneven...maybe this view would help...

      Thank you once again


      19.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Bryan KB
        Bryan K
        last edited by

        Very nice! I'd visit regularly.

        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • T
          TLD
          last edited by

          @bryan k said:

          Very nice! I'd visit regularly.

          Thank you! feel free to comment... πŸ˜„

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • H
            Hussel Hann
            last edited by

            i wouldn't even know it was rendered if you're not telling 😲

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • hellnbakH
              hellnbak
              last edited by

              In one of the magazines page 20 is missing
              (hey, you wanted criticism πŸ˜† )

              Really, very nice work πŸ‘ although I agree that the plants need variety, maybe same pots but different kinds of plants. That what I noticed first.

              "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • S
                ScottPara
                last edited by

                Things are far to orderly
                The chairs are to perfectly pushed in and lined up
                Turn the lights on
                Add wall switches and outlets
                The wall seem to have a bit too much specularity

                Overall these are really quite good it is just missing the details.

                Scott

                Love the fact that some HATE my avatar.....

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • StinkieS
                  Stinkie
                  last edited by

                  @unknownuser said:

                  The wall seem to have a bit too much specularity

                  That's bad GI, I think.

                  The texture on the bookshelves is way too small.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • V
                    Vicspa
                    last edited by

                    Very nice renders, but some of the books are facing the wrong way, the white pages should face in. Or am I seeing it wrong.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • StinkieS
                      Stinkie
                      last edited by

                      TLD, could you post your IR and LC settings?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • H
                        hack_of_headgehog
                        last edited by

                        very nice

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • T
                          TLD
                          last edited by

                          @unknownuser said:

                          Things are far to orderly
                          The chairs are to perfectly pushed in and lined up
                          Turn the lights on
                          Add wall switches and outlets
                          The wall seem to have a bit too much specularity

                          Overall these are really quite good it is just missing the details.

                          Scott

                          Wow did not really see into all those details...thanks so much for the observation. Appreciated 😍

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • T
                            TLD
                            last edited by

                            @hellnbak said:

                            In one of the magazines page 20 is missing
                            (hey, you wanted criticism πŸ˜† )

                            Really, very nice work πŸ‘ although I agree that the plants need variety, maybe same pots but different kinds of plants. That what I noticed first.

                            Page 20 is missing??? 🀣 (amazing criticism by the way)

                            Thanks for the observation. Perhaps I have a key desire to make things a bit too orderly πŸ˜• But a bit of variation would surely do no harm πŸ˜„.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • T
                              TLD
                              last edited by

                              @unknownuser said:

                              Very nice renders, but some of the books are facing the wrong way, the white pages should face in. Or am I seeing it wrong.

                              HMMMM...another interesting opinion. You do have a point. This forum is the best. πŸ˜„

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • T
                                TLD
                                last edited by

                                @unknownuser said:

                                TLD, could you post your IR and LC settings?

                                Sure i would. Been a while since I worked on this particular project. I would revisit it and attempt to recreate the view (hoping I get the same result or better) and put up the requested settings. πŸ˜„

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • T
                                  TLD
                                  last edited by

                                  @hack_of_headgehog said:

                                  very nice

                                  thank you πŸ˜„

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • T
                                    TLD
                                    last edited by

                                    @tld said:

                                    @unknownuser said:

                                    TLD, could you post your IR and LC settings?

                                    Sure i would. Been a while since I worked on this particular project. I would revisit it and attempt to recreate the view (hoping I get the same result or better) and put up the requested settings. πŸ˜„

                                    Hope these help


                                    IR.jpg


                                    LC.jpg

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                    Register Login
                                    • 1
                                    • 2
                                    • 2 / 2
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    Buy SketchPlus
                                    Buy SUbD
                                    Buy WrapR
                                    Buy eBook
                                    Buy Modelur
                                    Buy Vertex Tools
                                    Buy SketchCuisine
                                    Buy FormFonts

                                    Advertisement