sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Asterix

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    22 Posts 15 Posters 5.3k Views 15 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • numbthumbN
      numbthumb
      last edited by

      Thatยดs fantastic!
      Did you make the hair as a separate mesh?

      Comfortably numb...

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • soloS
        solo
        last edited by

        Yes, i always make the hair seoerate (on a layer) in case I do not like and can just delete it and not have to fix head up.

        I also save all my hairs in a Body part folder for future use, as well as all hands, arms, legs, etc.

        http://www.solos-art.com

        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • D
          d12dozr
          last edited by

          Awesome!!

          What is the reasoning behind the color-coded body proxy?

          3D Printing with SketchUp Book
          http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • numbthumbN
            numbthumb
            last edited by

            So do you just join those separate parts or do you intersect them and fix the geometry afterwards using Artisanยดs smooth brush?

            Comfortably numb...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • pilouP
              pilou
              last edited by

              ๐Ÿ˜‰

              http://images.toocharger.com/img/graphiques/fonds_d_ecran/dessins_animes/asterix/asterix.52349.jpg

              Frenchy Pilou
              Is beautiful that please without concept!
              My Little site :)

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • soloS
                solo
                last edited by

                @unknownuser said:

                What is the reasoning behind the color-coded body proxy?

                So I can rig the pose, I select by materials then use 'move' or 'protractor' tools to move the mesh.

                So say I select yellow, red and light grey, that will move the whole left leg, then if I select red and grey, I can then rig from knee down on left leg, etc.

                http://www.solos-art.com

                If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  d12dozr
                  last edited by

                  Gotcha...I figured it was something clever. Thanks!

                  3D Printing with SketchUp Book
                  http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • tademaT
                    tadema
                    last edited by

                    Pete, they are great. I really should try modeling different things in SU rather than sticking at the one dimentional "structures". I tried Artisan but gave up after a couple of hours!
                    John

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • allanxA
                      allanx
                      last edited by

                      Nice Pete, you are really good at this stuffs with great proportions even with those plugins I bet it's still hard to model them in SU.

                      Great talent and pure Awesomeness....

                      allanx

                      Portfolio

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • honoluludesktopH
                        honoluludesktop
                        last edited by

                        Very nice, It is instructive. If you do this again, and remember, show us the raw construction of the detailed parts before you apply Artisian. Thanks for posting.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • N
                          nomeradona
                          last edited by

                          again very nice. really the super guru of sketchup modelling.

                          visit my blog: http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • S
                            sepo
                            last edited by

                            Great stuff Pete. You make SU so appealing to use for character modeling ๐Ÿ‘ .

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • S
                              SHAHEEN
                              last edited by

                              Brilliant ..

                              solo : how much time does this take ?

                              " An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind "
                              Gandhi

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • soloS
                                solo
                                last edited by

                                @unknownuser said:

                                solo : how much time does this take ?

                                That all depends on how much detail you want and knowing when to stop.
                                Asterix took about 2H30, I could fiddle for another 5 hours (as I so often do) but the result would be similar just heavier.

                                Here is a fast Thea render with feint line overlay.


                                asterixthea.jpg

                                http://www.solos-art.com

                                If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • soloS
                                  solo
                                  last edited by

                                  Dogmatix, around an hour to model, Today being Memorial day (read BBQ day) I had limited time with SU, family demanded my attention...sheesh! ๐Ÿ’š

                                  dogmatixsu.jpg

                                  dogmatix.jpg

                                  http://www.solos-art.com

                                  If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • M
                                    mukul.ar
                                    last edited by

                                    Good Job Pete...! you are an inspiration...๐Ÿ˜„

                                    My Works

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • R
                                      rock1
                                      last edited by

                                      nice work solo ๐Ÿ‘ ..looks like i'm looking at toys in a showroom ๐Ÿ˜„

                                      Signature removed by SCF Admin

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • S
                                        sketchnl
                                        last edited by

                                        [quote="solo"]Dogmatix, around an hour to model, Today being Memorial day (read BBQ day) I had limited time with SU, family demanded my attention...sheesh! ๐Ÿ’š

                                        ๐Ÿ˜„ Yeah Solo, I believe it's everyone's problem on this forum. ๐Ÿ’š .

                                        I really like your organic SU shapes. Still don't know how you do that. ๐Ÿ‘ and drawing that fast! very cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž

                                        http://www.sketchimpressions.nl

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • david_hD
                                          david_h
                                          last edited by

                                          My favorite characters! I have a lot of the books in French.

                                          I am a huge fan of Asterix, Obelix and Idefix. (his French Name!) Nice job.

                                          D

                                          If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • L
                                            lapx
                                            last edited by

                                            Solo, time to quit playing around and retire...write that instruction book! If you need an investor I'm in ๐Ÿ˜„
                                            Think of all the kids (adults too) you can influence with your instructions "drawing cartoons with sketchup". Its a winner!

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement