sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    The Art of SketchUp - part 1: Fantasy

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    304 Posts 64 Posters 217.7k Views 64 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • EscapeArtistE
      EscapeArtist
      last edited by

      Wow! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

      How come Sang isn't wearing a wizard's cloak? ๐Ÿ˜„

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        d12dozr
        last edited by

        ๐Ÿ˜ฎ That last image is stunning! Thanks, Ken!

        3D Printing with SketchUp Book
        http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • michaliszissiouM
          michaliszissiou
          last edited by

          Hey ken28875, your work here is excellent. I just tried to help, I didn't mean that you should be precise or something. Its just the mud you see...
          Imaging work ken28875!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • L
            liam887
            last edited by

            is the last image a straight render ken, what software did you use the lighting is impressive!

            VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
            http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • orgelfO
              orgelf
              last edited by

              i really really like the 2 last pictures !!! made from your imagination I guess โ˜€

              very good work ๐Ÿ‘

              http://www.orgelf.com

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • ken28875K
                ken28875
                last edited by

                @ EscapeArtist: LOL...you're right, Sang should wear a wizard's cloak. I just used it for scale as I did not have the time to bring in my own characters.

                @ d12dozr: Thanks, Marcus. I am glad you like it.

                @ michaliszissiou: No worries, Michalis. Thanks for your comment.

                @ liam887: I use Vray for Sketchup. Vray is probably one of the best rendering engines out there.

                @ orgel: Merci, Jean-Pierre. I just checked your website. You do have some quite interesting projects.

                Here are some more renders of the interiors of that temple. These are work in progress.

                Have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by.

                _KN

                http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/guardrail.jpg

                http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/guardrail_skp.jpg

                http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/view_hallway.jpg

                http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/view_hallway_skp.jpg

                http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/view_01.jpg

                http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/view_01_skp.jpg

                Playing with Oil and pencil filter:

                http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/view_01_pencil_sketch.jpg

                http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/view_01_oil.jpg

                Follow Your Dreams.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • pilouP
                  pilou
                  last edited by

                  Baroque! โ˜€

                  Frenchy Pilou
                  Is beautiful that please without concept!
                  My Little site :)

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • ken28875K
                    ken28875
                    last edited by

                    Hi there,

                    Found some older stuff from the game Gods and Heroes.

                    http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Sepalcrum_Infernus.jpg

                    http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/RamshackleInn.jpg

                    Have a great one!

                    _KN

                    Follow Your Dreams.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • ken28875K
                      ken28875
                      last edited by

                      Hi there,

                      Some more older stuff using Sketchup for Video Game Concepts.

                      I will post some new ones soon.

                      Thanks for visiting and have a great week!

                      _KN

                      http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/SepeliaFortress1.jpg

                      http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/SepeliaFortress2.jpg

                      http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Telchines_fort_roof_off.jpg

                      http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Telchinesfort.jpg

                      http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/RedFlagonInn_1.jpg

                      Follow Your Dreams.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • L
                        liam887
                        last edited by

                        you might be interested in this, I missed the syd mead thing and I know you did also but this might make up for it what do you think:
                        http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=30860

                        VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
                        http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • ken28875K
                          ken28875
                          last edited by

                          @liam887 said:

                          you might be interested in this, I missed the syd mead thing and I know you did also but this might make up for it what do you think:
                          http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=30860

                          Hi Liam,

                          Good find. I will certainly try to do something if time allows. I've been quite busy the past couple months.

                          After finishing the car models for the Syd Mead/Nvidia competition, I have been working on some personal projects like the interior of that temple. It happens that there is a Vray for Sketchup contest ending September 30. I will enter a couple of renders.

                          I am almost done with this one but still have stuff to fix.

                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/view_02_large_skp.jpg

                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/view_02_large.jpg

                          Simultaneously, I am working on another personal project that I might enter for the Vray contest too.

                          Here are some WIP.

                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/hallway_view_01_skp.jpg

                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Hallway1.jpg

                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Hallway2.jpg

                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/hallway_view_02_skp.jpg

                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Hallway4.jpg

                          I have started to put textures. Will post some more images soon.

                          I really want to do the EVE contest. The prizes are really sweet! ๐Ÿ‘

                          I don't know how I will survive the month of September...I might die due lack of sleep. LOL ๐Ÿ‘Š

                          Good luck to you, Liam.

                          Have a great day!

                          _KN

                          Follow Your Dreams.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • michaliszissiouM
                            michaliszissiou
                            last edited by

                            Incredible ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • jarynzlesaJ
                              jarynzlesa
                              last edited by

                              You have to be crazy. This is fantastic. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

                              http://www.vizualizaceschodiste.mypage.cz/

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • olisheaO
                                olishea
                                last edited by

                                stunning work ken!! your work has suddenly massively improved!! amazed ๐Ÿ˜„

                                oli

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • L
                                  liam887
                                  last edited by

                                  these last renders are great!
                                  yeah thanks Ive already started on my entry I would just like to win the intuos 4really my intuos 3 is showing its age although still invaluable!

                                  VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
                                  http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • artysmediaA
                                    artysmedia
                                    last edited by

                                    You make me happy! ๐Ÿ‘Š

                                    ๐Ÿ˜„

                                    Working with: Win7 64 bit OS - Core i5 - 2,27GHz and 8GB RAM

                                    Blog: Artysmedia

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • J
                                      JHuman
                                      last edited by

                                      Freakin amazing!

                                      • Doweth!
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • D
                                        davesec
                                        last edited by

                                        are you still using vray for renders?

                                        i know you're busy but if you ever have time to make any tutorials i'm sure a lot of us would appreciate it!

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • ken28875K
                                          ken28875
                                          last edited by

                                          Thanks for your comments, Michalis, Jarynzlesa, Oliver, Liam, Roberto, and Jhuman.

                                          @ davesec: yes, I am using Vray. Tutorials?...honestly, I am a beginner at Vray. I am just using simple lights and changing their colors and intensity. It's a trial and error by making tons of renders till i get the result i want. It's quite time consuming.

                                          If you want to learn Vray, I would suggest to visit the Vray forum:
                                          http://forum.asgvis.com/index.php?board=9.0

                                          Here's the latest WIP.

                                          Have a wonderful weekend!

                                          _KN

                                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/hallway_view_01_skp_textured.jpg

                                          http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt12/ken28875/Art of Sketchup - Fantasy/Hallway_view_01.jpg

                                          Follow Your Dreams.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • alvisA
                                            alvis
                                            last edited by

                                            Wow, impressive work and models. SketchUp Fantasy Peak ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 15
                                            • 16
                                            • 4 / 16
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement