sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [WIP] Interiors -will be my first PR renderings

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    64 Posts 16 Posters 9.3k Views 16 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • tinanneT
      tinanne
      last edited by

      Miguel and Richard, thank you. I will look at both of these links.

      Here is the latest for the bedroom. 😞 Why do the textures get all funky?

      20091111223838_6m30s.png

      Executive Director : American Society of Architectural Illustrators
      AIP 30 Competition opens soon. ASAI.org

      Architectural Rendering

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • E
        Ecuadorian
        last edited by

        Without looking at the SU viewport, I don't know what you mean by funky. If you refer to projected textures looking distorted, when rendering with Podium you need to right click > Make Unique texture to correct them.

        -Miguel Lescano
        Subscribe to my house plans YouTube channel! (30K+ subs)

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • S
          sepo
          last edited by

          On the side note it is very interesting how same adjectives in same language have different meaning over the pond. In England funky has positive meaning similar to cool, but in US it means quite the oposite.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • soloS
            solo
            last edited by

            @unknownuser said:

            On the side note it is very interesting how same adjectives in same language have different meaning over the pond

            LOL, you are right, over here they say "I lucked out" and it's a good thing.
            ...I don't geddit.. crazy yanks.

            http://www.solos-art.com

            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • E
              Ecuadorian
              last edited by

              Or when you say that "the movie was a bomb!" 😆
              Oh, my, here I am hijacking a thread again. 😳

              -Miguel Lescano
              Subscribe to my house plans YouTube channel! (30K+ subs)

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • S
                sepo
                last edited by

                I know ... I know. LOL. I learned hard/funny way the difference between US and GB version of funky and in process scared to death my friends from US.
                I wanted to take them out for dinner to a new funky restaurant. They were adamant that they were not that hungry. This confusion lasted for an hour till my clever wife spotted that they would freeze every time I mentioned funky restaurant. My US friends were too polite to admit directly that they were not that keen to eat in what they thought to be "funky restaurant"

                Edit: Sorry about hijack....

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • michaliszissiouM
                  michaliszissiou
                  last edited by

                  tinanne, these are beautiful 👍 Why don't you post these fine renders in podium forum too?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • dermotcollD
                    dermotcoll
                    last edited by

                    Sepo - I'm Irish as you know and fairly clued up on transatlantic speak but you've lost me!!!

                    Tinnane - great development of your renders - i've been following it as I'm a student of this too.

                    When you burn your arse - you gotta sit on the blisters!!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • S
                      sepo
                      last edited by

                      lol,,,,which bit Dermot?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • S
                        sepo
                        last edited by

                        lol,,,,which bit Dermot?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • dermotcollD
                          dermotcoll
                          last edited by

                          the funky bit!!! what bit were you talking about!!

                          When you burn your arse - you gotta sit on the blisters!!

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • S
                            sepo
                            last edited by

                            which bit of funky...you know that meaning of the word in UK and US is completely different?

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • dermotcollD
                              dermotcoll
                              last edited by

                              Thats why I'm asking "what does it mean in the US" - i lived there for a year in the late 80's and never once heard it said!!!

                              When you burn your arse - you gotta sit on the blisters!!

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • RichardR
                                Richard
                                last edited by

                                Much like an English friend mentioned to me recently the one thing they cant ask of someone here in Australia without a raised eyebrow - "Hey mate can I bum a fag?"

                                You either get a reply "Man, what ever is your thing!" or ask the wrong guy and you'll be seeing stars!

                                BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • RichardR
                                  Richard
                                  last edited by

                                  @ Tianne

                                  That last image is GREAT! My only suggestion would be to slightly blur and desaturate the background image!

                                  BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • K
                                    kwistenbiebel
                                    last edited by

                                    @richard said:

                                    Much like an English friend mentioned to me recently the one thing they cant ask of someone here in Australia without a raised eyebrow - "Hey mate can I bum a fag?"

                                    You either get a reply "Man, what ever is your thing!" or ask the wrong guy and you'll be seeing stars!

                                    🤣

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • tinanneT
                                      tinanne
                                      last edited by

                                      LOL! Too funny! I've been away too long. Speaking of funky, we have had a 'bout with the flu over here. No fun.

                                      Here are some side by side so you can see what I mean about the textures.

                                      Bedroom
Straight SU![Bedroom
                                      Podium Settings Old141
                                      Curved wall, bedspread, and chair "funky" textures ;)](/uploads/imported_attachments/nEHi_Bachelor-Loft-BR--su-output-11.23.09.png "Bedroom
                                      Podium Settings Old141
                                      Curved wall, bedspread, and chair "funky" textures ;)")Living Room
Straight SULiving Room
Podium Settings Old141

                                      Executive Director : American Society of Architectural Illustrators
                                      AIP 30 Competition opens soon. ASAI.org

                                      Architectural Rendering

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • tinanneT
                                        tinanne
                                        last edited by

                                        I haven't started any PP. I appreciate the suggestions and will keep them in mind when I get to that point.

                                        @Michal, I've been meaning to post these at the Podium Forum, just haven't done it yet. I'll do it tonight.

                                        Executive Director : American Society of Architectural Illustrators
                                        AIP 30 Competition opens soon. ASAI.org

                                        Architectural Rendering

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • tinanneT
                                          tinanne
                                          last edited by

                                          Wow, 2 years almost to the date. LOL Thought I'd post the final images. Thank you all for you help on this project. I made a world of difference.

                                          Loft Bedroom

                                          Loft Living Room

                                          Executive Director : American Society of Architectural Illustrators
                                          AIP 30 Competition opens soon. ASAI.org

                                          Architectural Rendering

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          • 1
                                          • 2
                                          • 3
                                          • 4
                                          • 3 / 4
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          Buy SketchPlus
                                          Buy SUbD
                                          Buy WrapR
                                          Buy eBook
                                          Buy Modelur
                                          Buy Vertex Tools
                                          Buy SketchCuisine
                                          Buy FormFonts

                                          Advertisement